Nutella Granola

I’m not sure if I’ve ever come up with a better blog post title.

Nutella granola.

Sometimes you don’t need a creative blog post title to convey greatness.

nutella granola

This little recipe popped in my mind as I baked up a batch of peanut butter granola on Monday.

A slight Nutella addiction came over me and my family during our trip to Europe this past spring.

giant nutella-1

Nutella is available in containers that are bigger than my face over there! Heaven.

The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread is available in Europe as prevalently as peanut butter is in the United States and we couldn’t get enough of it. (Peanut butter, oddly enough, is really hard to find over there.)

At around 3 p.m. yesterday I was hit with the afternoon munchies and decided to take advantage of actually having access to a real oven again (hooray!) and bake up a small batch of granola.

IMG_5611-1

I was a little nervous that my experiment would fail, but I was pleasantly surprised! My mom and sister also tried some (it was all gone by the time my dad got home from work) and gave it rave reviews.

I can’t wait to enjoy this granola with milk, on top of Greek yogurt or by itself as a delicious snack.

I hope you enjoy!

Nutella Granola

Makes four 1/4 cup servings

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2 1/2 tablespoons Nutella
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside
  3. Combine Nutella and honey in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until just melted, about 25 seconds
  4. Stir Nutella and honey together until completely combined
  5. Pour oats into Nutella and honey mixture and stir until oats are completely coated in chocolate mixture (once all the ingredients are adequately mixed, the granola will be thick and almost moldable)
  6. Spread granola onto a cookie sheet, making sure to separate the oats a bit to create clusters
  7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
  8. Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool and harden into crunchy clusters
  9. Once granola is cool, add chocolate chips and enjoy

IMG_5613-1

***

If you’re looking for some other delicious granola recipes, you may also enjoy these PBF creations:

Comments

1. Lauren says

I love nutella and granola…. match made in heaven. On another note, I see someone paid attention on the writing a better recipe presentation this weekend at HLS!

2. Natale @FactualFoodie says

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this, but I am sure it will be an addiction when I make this.. like now.

3. dee says

AHH! I was salivating reading this post (along with your dinner-time pizza post!) …my boyfriend has been going through a “look, it’s hazelnut flavored! I want it! I hope it tastes like Nutella” phase. Sadly 2 ice cream cones, 1 fudge sample, 1 coffee drink, and 1 box of cookies later, he gave up on hazelnut-flavored snacks and drinks. I’m sure this granola will re-spark his flame! :) Can’t wait to try it out! thanks!!

4. nina says

I hate the fact that in Finland (scandinavia) where i live it’s soo hard to find tasty pb. I like nutella but it has quite a lot of sugar.. The pb they sell here tastes awful but then a few months ago i found this little place where they sell food from usa and britain, pb, skittles and stuff and there i’ve found some really good pb (skippy etc)! The only bad thing is that one jar costs 8 dollars… But i have to get it :)

5. Melissa says

I am making a batch of your Nutella Granola now :) I couldn’t stay out of the Nutella. I can’t wait for it to come out of the oven. BTW I also LOVE you peanut butter granola. Yum-O!

6. Lorin says

I’m made this tonight! It’s in the oven right now, but the raw oatmeal tasted delish! I mean anything with nutella is going to taste good! Definitely saving some for tommorow morning after my run!

Have you ever had this smush out like a pancake when you put it in the oven? It was nice and clumpy when I put it in and when I went to flip it it had basically melted… Wonder if I got a little aggressive with the Nutella that I “eyeballed” 2.5 tablespoons of?

That looks SO yummy! I featured them today on my “Top 10 Nutella Recipes” post. Feel free to grab a “featured” button. Also I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my new linky party “Pin It and Win It Wednesday” @www.cheapcraftymama.com!

This looks absolutely delicious! I never thought to make my own granola but it seems like I’m missing out on a lot of fun tasty treats! Thanks for sharing this recipe… I can guarantee you I’ll be making this one!

I made this recipe and while it tastes great, it was seriously cement when it cooled! I sprayed the pan generously and it stirred fine when hot – was 20 min just too long in my oven? It was like an act of congress to get this stuff scraped off the cookie sheet – I’ve made a lot of granola and never had this happen, so I’m at a loss! Anyone know why this happened?

The PB granola recipe is great though – no ice pick needed :)

I’ll immediately seize your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any?

Kindly allow me recognise in order that I
    may subscribe. Thanks.

I have read some just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create any such magnificent informative web site.