I’m not sure if I’ve ever come up with a better blog post title.
Sometimes you don’t need a creative blog post title to convey greatness.
This little recipe popped in my mind as I baked up a batch of peanut butter granola on Monday.
A slight Nutella addiction came over me and my family during our trip to Europe this past spring.
Nutella is available in containers that are bigger than my face over there! Heaven.
The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread is available in Europe as prevalently as peanut butter is in the United States and we couldn’t get enough of it. (Peanut butter, oddly enough, is really hard to find over there.)
At around 3 p.m. yesterday I was hit with the afternoon munchies and decided to take advantage of actually having access to a real oven again (hooray!) and bake up a small batch of granola.
I was a little nervous that my experiment would fail, but I was pleasantly surprised! My mom and sister also tried some (it was all gone by the time my dad got home from work) and gave it rave reviews.
I can’t wait to enjoy this granola with milk, on top of Greek yogurt or by itself as a delicious snack.
I hope you enjoy!
Makes four 1/4 cup servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside
- Combine Nutella and honey in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until just melted, about 25 seconds
- Stir Nutella and honey together until completely combined
- Pour oats into Nutella and honey mixture and stir until oats are completely coated in chocolate mixture (once all the ingredients are adequately mixed, the granola will be thick and almost moldable)
- Spread granola onto a cookie sheet, making sure to separate the oats a bit to create clusters
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool and harden into crunchy clusters
- Once granola is cool, add chocolate chips and enjoy
If you’re looking for some other delicious granola recipes, you may also enjoy these PBF creations: