Nutella Granola

I’m not sure if I’ve ever come up with a better blog post title.

Nutella granola.

Sometimes you don’t need a creative blog post title to convey greatness.

nutella granola

This little recipe popped in my mind as I baked up a batch of peanut butter granola on Monday.

A slight Nutella addiction came over me and my family during our trip to Europe this past spring.

giant nutella-1

Nutella is available in containers that are bigger than my face over there! Heaven.

The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread is available in Europe as prevalently as peanut butter is in the United States and we couldn’t get enough of it. (Peanut butter, oddly enough, is really hard to find over there.)

At around 3 p.m. yesterday I was hit with the afternoon munchies and decided to take advantage of actually having access to a real oven again (hooray!) and bake up a small batch of granola.

IMG_5611-1

I was a little nervous that my experiment would fail, but I was pleasantly surprised! My mom and sister also tried some (it was all gone by the time my dad got home from work) and gave it rave reviews.

I can’t wait to enjoy this granola with milk, on top of Greek yogurt or by itself as a delicious snack.

I hope you enjoy!

Nutella Granola

Makes four 1/4 cup servings

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2 1/2 tablespoons Nutella
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside
  3. Combine Nutella and honey in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until just melted, about 25 seconds
  4. Stir Nutella and honey together until completely combined
  5. Pour oats into Nutella and honey mixture and stir until oats are completely coated in chocolate mixture (once all the ingredients are adequately mixed, the granola will be thick and almost moldable)
  6. Spread granola onto a cookie sheet, making sure to separate the oats a bit to create clusters
  7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
  8. Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool and harden into crunchy clusters
  9. Once granola is cool, add chocolate chips and enjoy

IMG_5613-1

***

If you’re looking for some other delicious granola recipes, you may also enjoy these PBF creations:

Comments

1. Danielle (Shrinking and Studying) says

Granola is my new favorite treat! It’s so fast to make and if you eat just a serving size there’s nothing to feel guilty about! I love the peanut butter granola and I am SO excited to try this one once I buy the ingredients. 🙂

2. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

Have you ever heard of Peanut Butter & Co.? They make a choco/peanut butter blend that is absolutely fantastic called Dark Chocolate Dreams. I may just pick up a jar and sub out the Nutella since I’m not crazy about the hazelnut tang. (BTW – I’m not a rep of PB&C. I just love love love their products. White Chocolate Wonderful is amazing too!)

3. Kelly says

looks delicious, and i have a container of nutella awaiting me in my pantry…

i studied in Scotland earlier this summer and i also had a hard time finding peanut butter!

Oh my, this looks like heaven! I’m always nervous to buy Nutella with the fear that I’ll eat the whole jar within a day. Ha! I usually save it for only “every once in awhile” occasions, and this granola might have to be that occasion! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

That looks sooo goood! I’m with you..I love anything nutella. When people haven’t tried it, I am shocked. They do not know what their missing. I made a batch of brownies the other day and melted spread some nutella over the whole pan. Needless to say, they were all gone in a day!!

6. Carly says

This looks HEAVENLY! Funny story – the other night I made your PB granola for my fiance…and he ate the whole batch while I was out!! He was complaining about his stomach the whole night..but then a few hours later goes, “you know what would be good? If you added chocolate!”

…I just may need to make this one 😉

Wow, this looks amazing!!! I don’t know if I’ve ever had Nutella before! I really want to try it though especially after seeing this recipe! 🙂

8. Andrea says

You can´t imagine how hard is to find peanut butter. Here in Hungary a german chain store sells it once a year during american week. I usually ask my mother to buy me a lot of jars in Romania, where strangely enough you can find it pretty much everywhere.
    Love your blog. Keep up the good work!

true story: I was first introduced to (the head-sized jars of) Nutella during a student ambassador trip to Europe… during which we all bought one and ate it right out of the jar with the backs of our toothbrushes.

..we must have gotten tired of sticky fingers.

10. Lauren says

This looks so simple and delish! I’ve made your peanut butter granola recipe before and it was so good, so I can’t wait to make this one! By the way, I was hesitant about your cheese + jelly sandwiches, but today I tried a goat cheese + blackberry jam whole wheat bagel thin. I’m a convert. Yum!

oh wow that sounds sinfully amazing! i spent a few summers in switzerland and definitely found myself substituting nutella for pb often too. my fiance is german so obviously he grew up on the stuff and will loooove a nutella granola surprise one of these days–thanks for the recipe!!

12. Jessica Corbin says

I am SO going to try this I think this weekend. My boyfriends daughter is OBSESSED with Nutella, I think she will freak out! 😀 Thanks, Julie!!!

YUM, that sounds heavenly! I spent four year living overseas (Cyprus) and thought it was hilarious when I made PB&J sandwiches for my kids at school their teacher kept asking me what it was they were eating that looked so good. When I told her she had never heard of it so asked me to make it for all the school pot lucks we had. It became our “American” staple, and I had to bring it every time! Ha ha, nutella is totally their thing. Can’t blame them!

Oh. My. Goodness! I think I have been waiting my entire life for a recipe like this! Haha! I have a serious Nutella obsession, and this is definitely going to be added to my recipe box!! Genius!! 🙂

15. Lexie @ This Aussie Eats says

Ooohh I just bought a jar to make nutella ‘frosting’ to top black bean brownies. I think this will definitely be next on the list!

That looks AMAZING – I will definitely try this recipe soon! After many years of Nutella addiction, I actually found a CRUNCHY version in a random grocery store in New Zealand once. It was INCREDIBLE. I have searched high and low but never found it anywhere again! Thanks for this granola brainwave 🙂

UMM holy deliciousness! This looks amazing! I absolutely love Nutella. In fact, one would say I’m obsessed after seeing how long it lasts in my house (ie not very long)! I’m definitely trying this out! YUM!

18. gina says

i’m in LOVE with your granola recipes and make them all the time! in fact, my boyfriend, a former non-granola person, is obsessed with the PB granola and asks for it all the time! but i do have a question: HOW DO YOU FLIP IT??? I can never get the flipping part right!!

Nice looking recipe!! I see your note taking paid off!!

PS: It sounds DELICIOUS!!! I’m scared to try Nutella for fear of loving it too much. . . My daughter tried to get me to buy it and I just can’t have one more thing I can’t resist in my house!!

20. Kelly says

NUTELLA, that alone says it all!! I’ve been eating this since I was a wee little one and it brings back great childhood memories!! Now I’ve got my husband addicted. Can’t wait to try this recipe.

21. Morgan says

So I always make the homemade granola recipe from you blog but when it’s done and STILL HOT I add in chocolate chips. It’s AMAZING. Just sayin’.

I think i just died and went to heaven! I’m absolutely obsessed with nutella but rarely buy it because i easily finish an entire jar in one week. I have have have to try this recipe!!

23. ellalinea says

It’s sooooo difficult to find peanut butter in Europe, you got that right!

Nutella is found EVERWHere, peanut butter can only be found in the processed version :s Fortunately I can order my peanut butter from iherb.. 🙂 PB2 in tha houseeee :))

I’ve never made granola! I haven’t even ever tried it! I’ve obviously been living a very sheltered life. It looks amazing, it’s on my new list of “things I must try!”

25. Morgan @ Some Kind of Sunshine says

HOLY CRAP. I need this now.
    Also, I got my first jar of Biscoff spread this week?!?!? Words cannot describe the goodness…biscoff cookie taste in the form of a spread. You must get it! I got mine at Publix.

Thanks for the yummy recipe!!

It looks sinful. I am planning on starting to make my own granola as cereal and my own bars as soon as my current stash runs out so thanks for sharing all the other recipes, too!

27. Kristin @ STUFT Mama says

Oh man….. I just happen to have a Nutella jar hiding in the back of my pantry. I can’t wait to try this. I’ve never made moy own granola before. Yay! There’s a pretty good chance I’ll have to eat more than one serving. he he!

28. Jessica says

YUUUUM! This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I’m going to make this for a friend of mine who is visiting this weekend… that is if I don’t eat the entire jar of Nutella first! 😉

Ohmygosh I didn’t think I could love you anymore Julie and then you do this! I’m actually going to have to go out and buy some nutella to make this, it looks ridiculously yummy!! Thank you so much 🙂

I seriously cannot wait to try this. I have been obsessed with Nutella this past week just going to the pantry for a spoonful. YUM! Breakfast this morning contained an Alternative Bagel with Nutella on one side, and PB on the other with banana slices on top. Great way to start the day!

31. Lorin says

oh man, I bought nutella for the first time in years about a month ago! I love it, especially on toast or by the spoonful. I’m definitely trying this granola tommorow.

32. Lauren says

I love nutella and granola…. match made in heaven. On another note, I see someone paid attention on the writing a better recipe presentation this weekend at HLS!

33. Natale @FactualFoodie says

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this, but I am sure it will be an addiction when I make this.. like now.

34. dee says

AHH! I was salivating reading this post (along with your dinner-time pizza post!) …my boyfriend has been going through a “look, it’s hazelnut flavored! I want it! I hope it tastes like Nutella” phase. Sadly 2 ice cream cones, 1 fudge sample, 1 coffee drink, and 1 box of cookies later, he gave up on hazelnut-flavored snacks and drinks. I’m sure this granola will re-spark his flame! 🙂 Can’t wait to try it out! thanks!!

35. nina says

I hate the fact that in Finland (scandinavia) where i live it’s soo hard to find tasty pb. I like nutella but it has quite a lot of sugar.. The pb they sell here tastes awful but then a few months ago i found this little place where they sell food from usa and britain, pb, skittles and stuff and there i’ve found some really good pb (skippy etc)! The only bad thing is that one jar costs 8 dollars… But i have to get it 🙂

36. Melissa says

I am making a batch of your Nutella Granola now 🙂 I couldn’t stay out of the Nutella. I can’t wait for it to come out of the oven. BTW I also LOVE you peanut butter granola. Yum-O!

37. Lorin says

I’m made this tonight! It’s in the oven right now, but the raw oatmeal tasted delish! I mean anything with nutella is going to taste good! Definitely saving some for tommorow morning after my run!

Have you ever had this smush out like a pancake when you put it in the oven? It was nice and clumpy when I put it in and when I went to flip it it had basically melted… Wonder if I got a little aggressive with the Nutella that I “eyeballed” 2.5 tablespoons of?

That looks SO yummy! I featured them today on my “Top 10 Nutella Recipes” post. Feel free to grab a “featured” button. Also I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my new linky party “Pin It and Win It Wednesday” @www.cheapcraftymama.com!

This looks absolutely delicious! I never thought to make my own granola but it seems like I’m missing out on a lot of fun tasty treats! Thanks for sharing this recipe… I can guarantee you I’ll be making this one!

I made this recipe and while it tastes great, it was seriously cement when it cooled! I sprayed the pan generously and it stirred fine when hot – was 20 min just too long in my oven? It was like an act of congress to get this stuff scraped off the cookie sheet – I’ve made a lot of granola and never had this happen, so I’m at a loss! Anyone know why this happened?

The PB granola recipe is great though – no ice pick needed 🙂

I’ll immediately seize your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any?

Kindly allow me recognise in order that I
    may subscribe. Thanks.

I have read some just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create any such magnificent informative web site.