Labor Day Pool Time

The sun is shining on this beautiful Labor Day making it a perfect day for playtime by the pool!

outside kiddie pool 004

My sister, Ryan and I took advantage of our new pool and got some color on our skin while splashing around.

It was adult swim, so Sadie made sure to stick to her kiddie pool.

outside kiddie pool 003

That or she’s just terrified of the people pool.

Her kiddie pool suits her juuust fine!

DSC_1184

Lunch

My sister wanted to get back on the road early this afternoon, so we made sure to fill her belly before she hit the road.

We made a satisfying lunch of fettuccine with sautéed zucchini, red onions, portobello mushrooms and marinara sauce.

outside kiddie pool 007

outside kiddie pool 011

I love eating lunches that seem more like dinners. They’re so comforting!

Time to put on some real clothes before hitting up yet another furniture store. This one is a little over an hour away, but they have a couch we’ve been eyeing on the internet the floor, so we want to sit on it and make sure it’s as comfy as it looks.

I’m hopeful!

Oh and guess whose home office is fully decorated??? Smile

Comments

1. I am so jealous of your pool, it’s ridiculous.

2. I still have my Little Mermaid towel, also. The fact that your sister has one made me feel a little less embarrassed about that ; )

It might be something I picked up while in Europe but I love big lunches too. In Spain, people had 2-3 hours lunch breaks where the big meal was a production and always followed by a nap!

I love hanging out by the pool with my family and friends on the weekend 🙂
    Sadie is so cute in her little kiddie pool 😀

Hope all goes well at the furniture store and that you find and awesome couch!! 🙂

Send some warmth and sunshine over our way; it’s raining and cold in Ireland! Sadie’s pool is so cute. My little Westie loves when you give her a bath, she’d have field day with a paddling pool!

5. heather says

aw. your pup in the kiddie pool made me laugh…i have a german shepherd and he doesnt care for swimming so we had to get a little inflatable splasher for him, too. dogs are silly. <3

6. Linda Kiser says

Lake time with family yesterday. Beach in two weeks. Sadie is so cute. Would love a recipe for that delicious looking lunch!

7. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

Yeah for the decorated office! It probably feels great to have that done. Good luck with the couch!

8. Katie @ The Purposeful Woman says

Ha!! LOVE the kiddie pool!! You and your sister make a super cute pair!!! 🙂 Enjoy the sun, we’ll be heading out for some pool time soon too!!

9. Nicole says

You and your sister could be twins!! Your lunch looks delicious and good luck with your couch hunting. Cannot wait to see pictures!! 🙂

10. Mary says

HaHaHa, thought that was two pictures of you by the pool, then realized the towel was different and that it was your sister sitting beside you!!

11. Alison says

Your lunch looks Ah-mazing!! Question: Are you still eating Carba Nada pasta? I remember when you used to eat it almost every day, and now I never see it on your blog. That stuff is good!

12. Alison says

P.S. Can you post more of your food creations under the Recipe section for quick searching? You have so many good ones that aren’t categorized!

13. Erin Onesko says

Love love love your blog and most recently following you on pinterest! You have impeccable taste! Love the new couch. Congrats on your new home!

The kiddie pool is a great idea! Maybe we should try a kiddie pool for Butters. He absolutely refused to go into the big pool at my in-laws’ house but got a bit too hot outside =( We want to try him out in Lake Erie but it just got super cold today here in Cleveland, OH…hopefully it won’t stay that way for long.

Also, you guys have a really big yard! I hope you have a riding mower…