Crock Pot Pork Chops

The crock pot came through for us yet again this evening!

I’ve made pork chops in the crock pot once before and figured I’d attempt to make them again in a new way this evening.

dog in kiddie pool 023

They turned out great! They were tender enough to cut with a fork and the veggies were a delicious addition to the meal.

Crock Pot Pork Chops

Serves 4

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 6 hours (crock pot-style!)

Ingredients:

• 4 pork chops
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 large carrots, cut into large pieces
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions:

1. Place pork chops, onion and carrots into crock pot
  2. Pour BBQ sauce and water into crock pot and stir to coat meat and veggies (You may want to combine BBQ sauce and water in a separate bowl before pouring over the meat and veggies)
  3. Cover crock pot and allow meat and veggies to cook on low for 6 hours

dog in kiddie pool 019

dog in kiddie pool 017

Served with a side of roasted green beans.

dog in kiddie pool 022

Great dinner!

Ryan and I intentionally ate dinner early this evening because our new couch, loveseat and dining room furniture were supposed to be delivered today between 2 and 6 p.m.

It’s after 7:30 p.m. and still no dice. Boo!

I haven’t given up hope yet.

Puppy Playtime

Since we clearly couldn’t go anywhere this evening just in case the furniture guys showed up, we spent our time after dinner playing in the backyard with Sadie.

dog in kiddie pool 012

dog in kiddie pool 009

dog in kiddie pool 001

She’s seriously in love with her kiddie pool.

Willow the Cat

And in other news…

Did you guys hear about Willow the cat?

willow the cat

Five years ago, Willow disappeared from a home near the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and was found yesterday in New York, nearly 1,800 miles away from her original home.

Crazy, huh? I bet she has some stories to tell!

Comments

A. Those pork chops look so tender and delicious! Crock pots are the JAM.

B. Sadie’s tongue is hilarious in that photo!

C. OHMYGOSH I have a story for you. As a kid, I had two hermit crabs living in a cage upstairs. One night, I left the cage open on accident. They got out and we never saw them again…until a YEAR later, on easter morning we heard a scratching noise coming from one of our air vents. We took the vent off and saw..MY TWO HERMIT CRABS. AHHH! How in the world did they survive the whole year and how did they get into the vent?!?

Haha I heard about that cat– wonder if she’s been hitchhiking! Slash DOES ANYONE REMEMBER Homeward Bound?? Every dog for 3 years after that was named ‘Chance’ or “Shadow’ haha.

Not as good as Milo and Otis… <– why we ended up with a pug ;)

3. Eliza@ zestyappetite says

So my family has a cat, but it is really my Moms. This cat is her pride and joy, like how you love sadie!
    (honestly I myself am more of a dog person–so I hang tight with my pup Rosie)

ANYWAYS….our cat is actually named Willow.

My mom literally has been talking about this story all day!!!! “Can you believe this cat did this? Can you believe the name is Willow” and I just died laughing that you posted about it. Thank you so much!

4. Shayla @ The Good Life says

Wow I bet those paws are tired! :)

I love that it’s crock pot season, I think it’s time for me to finally break out mine! ;)

5. Kelly @ not so rocky road says

We were watching Cats 101 on Animal Planet once and they had a true story about a cat that was lost in Wisconsin then turned up in France a month or two later! Apparently they lived near some warehouse with cargo containers. The cat was found alive & healthy! Crazy!

I love that picture of Sadie with her tongue out! She’s adorable!

One of my best friends growing up lost their snake in their home, and they found it months later in a bedroom!! Freaked me out!!

Someone brought this movie up above already but the first thing I thought of when I read about the cat was Homeward Bound! I couldn’t watch it as a kid though because the part with Sassy in the water would make me cry hysterically :( I finally watched the whole thing to know they were all A-Okay! Thank goodness

Aww I’m so glad Willow was found, although I can’t believe its been so many years!! My puppy Andy once got lose, we always have him on a leash at night when he goes out but we let him off when we get back in the garage and he goes and runs and waits by the door. Well one night the garage door was still open when I let him in from the back door and he saw a bunny or some other small creature and ran out front and we couldn’t find him. My parents and I looked for like fifteen minutes before we found him in a neighbors yard shaking and crying, which we were as well. It was such a horrifying experience!

9. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

I did hear about Willow the Cat! What a crazy story.

I love quick crockpot meals like that — just dump it all in, wait and then eat!

10. Mallory @ It's Only Life, After All says

Aw, Willow is adorable ! What a little survivor.

Also your meal looks delicious! I gotta get myself a crockpot for my new apt!

11. Kelsey says

That cat is one super hero! My friend’s cat traveled from her house to “The Palace of Auburn Hills” about a half hour drive from us! Me and my friends thought that was crazy! This is nuts :) Let me remind you we also live in Michigan, brrrrr. haha that made me laugh, thanks for sharing!

I want to put a camera on my boy-friends cat. She’s such a little mischievous thing always bringing us dead animals and poofing away than popping up out of nowhere! I think it’d be interesting :)

13. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

I’m always looking for recipes to make in the crockpot. Since the weather is cooling down it’s the perfect time to use it more and more. I love pork chops, so this recipe is awesome, especially with veggies. Thanks!

Yum, love crock pot meals!!

Ugh, delivery guys are the worst… waiting HOURS for something delivered.. so annoying! At least you have hub and puppy and nice weather to wait it out?!

15. Jess @ Jess Go Bananas says

I never knew pork chops could ever be that soft!
    Gah. Don’t you hate when people give you that big of a time gap! : /

I love using the crock pot. It’s the best feeling knowing that dinner is ready to go when coming home from a long day at work! :)

That is an incredible story about the cat! I can’t believe she traveled so far!

i heard about willow the cat… in an article with a hilarious video called “webcam 101 for seniors” or something- basically an older couple trying to take a photo w/ their webcam but they were recording themselves w/o knowing…its hilarious!

18. Liz says

Holy crap! Can’t believe the cat was found so far away. I love the Homeward Bound movies! My favorite is probably Lost in San Francisco.

That hermit crab story up above is amazing, too. Animals are incredible! :)

19. Ujjaini says

I saw Willow the cat story at work and almost fell of my chair. Our cat Java is a carbon copy! I am so happy for Willow but wonder if a family was taking care of her for 5 years. If so, how awful for that family.