BBQ Salmon

Early this evening, I sent out this tweet:

Replies varied, but for the most part people seemed to think that the combination had potential!

I remember seeing barbeque salmon on menus at various restaurants over the years, but I never ordered it or tried making it myself. Tonight I figured why not give it a go?

bbq salmon 017

The verdict?

Delicious!

bbq salmon 021

BBQ Salmon

• Serves: 2
  • Prep Time: 2 minutes
  • Cook Time: 8 minutes

Ingredients

• 3/4 pound salmon
  • 1/4 cup barbeque sauce

Directions

• Preheat broiler
  • Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
  • Place salmon on top of foil and spread barbeque sauce on top of the fish
  • Broil for approximately 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork

Such a fast dinner!

bbq salmon 023

We enjoyed our BBQ salmon with a side of roasted green beans and cauliflower, both tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with seasoned salt.

bbq salmon 025

Other favorite salmon recipes:

And now it’s time to unpack my bag from this weekend before settling down to watch The Sing Off with Ryan.

In case you’re an a cappella fanatic like me and are watching this season of The Sing Off, I’m loving The YellowJackets and Pentatonix and Ryan is all about Pentatonix. How cool was their rendition of “Video Killed the Radio Star” last week!? You better believe their version of that song will be on my next workout playlist.

Hoping for some good performances tonight!

Comments

1. Emma @ Microcosm of Life says

Yay, you made it! Broiling is definitely the key to that nice caramelization on top!

I don’t have cable at all, but will definitely be watching the Sing Off tomorrow on Hulu!!

2. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

That sounds likes a great combination. I think that BBQ sauce on a lot of other fish would just overpower it, but salmon is so hearty and meaty that it would stand up to the flavor. Looks delicious! And you can’t beat an 8 minute cook time!

3. Ashley K says

You have to try salmon baked with fresh squeezed orange juice, and brown sugar. Broil it at the end with a bit more brown sugar and it gets a bit of a crunch! So good!

4. Julia says

Julie if you haven’t already you should really try tuna and bbq sauce! Just take the tuna from the can and mix in the bbq sauce (I like walden farms’–no cals and actually tastes relatively good surprisingly…) and then either throw it in a pan or microwave and it tastes amazing! Just like pulled pork except a lot healthier for ya!

• Jessica S. says

I used to do this in middle school! I wasn’t much of a mayo fan back then so I’d mix my tuna with BBQ and relish. My friends thought I was nuts until they tried it and loved it, too!

5. Lauren @ Vaguely Vegan says

What a great recipe! My boyfriend absolutely hates seafood, but I think I may be able to con him into trying salmon if it’s smothered in bbq sauce! Thanks for the great idea!

6. Julie says

This is actually my preferred way of eating salmon – with BBQ sauce! Add orange zest, orange juice and some red onion and you have got an excellent salmon dish.

Watching the Sing Off as we speak! I love Pentatonix. They’re my favorite by far.

I like how the bottom two groups are going to go head-to-head with the same song tonight. Should be interesting to hear how each interprets the song!

8. SkinnyRunner says

my husband had to rewind and watch that video killed the radio star dance 4 times. by the time his marathon tivo rewind session was over i thought i could do the dance.
    in my dreams.

I’m loving The Sing-Off right now! My favorites are Delilah and Pentatonix – really hoping to see them face off in the finale!

I’m not a big BBQ sauce fan, but this recipe seems easy and yummy enough to give it a shot. It’s awesome when 2 seemingly disparate ingredients turn out to make a great meal!

10. Kayla says

YUM!
    Have you ever seen the movie “Dennis The Menace”? The salmon looks just like when Dennis shoots paint in Mr. Wilson’s chicken. Hence the funniest line of the movie- he takes a bite and says “Tastes like paint…and wood!” Makes me laugh every time. I’m sure yours is tasty though! 😉

Salmon is one of my favourite foods in the whole world – and would you believe I’ve never tried it with BBQ sauce? Definitely going to have to change that now, it looks delicious!

BBQ salmon should totally work!! I LOVE salmon teriyaki most of all – the thing I’ve learned with it though is to CHOOSE between saucing your protein and saucing your meat (which you were obv smart enough to do!). I used to always try to do both and was always super grossed out by the result – waaaay to salty and saucy. Plain roasted veggies and sauced up protein is the perfect combo!

13. Kanoe says

Since I also love salmon I will now have to try it with BBQ Sauce as you suggested. I also will have to start trying to roast veggies b/c you seem to do it and it looks fabulous! Also wanted to let you know I tried your recipe for the Soy Glazed Salmon & let me tell ya that is FANTASTIC! My favorite. I actually sometimes put some of the extra marinade over rice. I know weird right??!! But delish thanx! 🙂

14. Jessica S. says

Salmon cooking Q for you…

Do you leave the skin on when broiling it?

And do you only broil for 8 minutes on one side? No flipping?

The Sing Off was AWESOME last night! I especially loved Pentatonix and Delilah. The Yellow Jackets were lucky they were saved because they didn’t do their best. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next week!

Hmm…bbq salmon sounds interesting. Roasted green beans are my favorite. I’ve been eating them literally almost every single night for weeks now. I cannot get enough 🙂

17. Nicole says

Ugh I love salmon but I’ve always been too scared to make it at home for some reason. Reading your blog always tempts me though and it has definitely tempted me tonight!