Half Marathon Playlist

As you know, today I’m running in the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon. (Depending on when you’re reading this, I may be running right now!)

savannah 019

I am always looking for awesome, upbeat songs to add to my workout playlists and figured some of you guys might be in the same boat and might enjoy a sneak peak into my playlist for today’s race.

Below is my playlist and I’ve linked all the songs to YouTube videos where the songs should play immediately (without a pre-song advertisement!) to hopefully make them easier to listen to if you care to check out any of the songs that may be unfamiliar to you.

Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist

As you can tell, my taste in music is all across the board, with hip hop, a cappella, country, pop, techno and musical songs. Hopefully there will be one song in there that appeals to you!

savannah 031

Past playlists that have popped up on PBF include:

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

1. AJ says

so glad you included Ben Folds’ “Army” – that song is sooo fascinating and has an excellent beat. Sometimes when I’m getting bored during a run I switch to it because it keeps me going…how can you stay bored with lyrics like “grew a mustache and a mullet, got a job at chick-fil-a”?

Good luck!

2. dee says

You’re running as I’m reading!! (In reference to your guest post) If I were there, I would totally be holding a 4ft picture of Sadie with a jar of Skippy..I know you’ll know its for you. Haha!! Since you’ll be reading this after the run, congratulations on finishing! That’s another half under your belt! :) yaaay bring on the celebratory cakes and fro yo!

3. Bob Halter says

Julie – Alyssa left off reason #11 – all the pity and sympathy you get for a solid week after a marathon when you cannot even walk. Stick wth the half.

Alyssa’s Dad

Great list — I always get happily surprised when I remember you are into Showtunes/Glee/Acapella. I love “So Much Better” … I’ve listened to it before many an interview. GOOD LUCK!

Love the playlist! I feel like having music you love is SO key for having fun while running!

Also LOVE Blu Cantrell “Hit Em Up Style!” I feel like I haven’t thought about that song in 10 years. Weird. I also have a song on my running playlist from the Legally Blonde soundtrack – Whipped into Shape!

Hope the race went well!

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
    I will always bookmark your blog and may come back
    later in life. I want to encourage you to continue
    your great writing, have a nice evening!