Killer Incline Walking Workout

Yes, the words “killer” and “walking workout” can exist in the same sentence. Ryan, my sister, Ross and I spent the night at my mother-in-law’s house and this morning after Leslie left for work, Ryan, Ross and I headed to his mom’s gym for a post-Thanksgiving workout.

(Before I get into this post, can I just say how much I loved reading your comments about Leslie and Ross dating to them today? We all got quite a kick out of your reactions! I’m pretty pumped about the two of them together since Ross has been our friend for years.)

Anywaaaay, when we arrived at the gym, Ryan, Ross and I hopped on side-by-side treadmills and Ryan took us through an intense incline walking workout.

He called out speeds and inclines to us and we all adjusted our treadmills. I was seriously huffin’ and puffin’ when the incline got to 10!

incline walking workout

Pin It

I know this workout is only 10 minutes, but it was a great warm up before strength training and I think it would be an awesome workout to do two times through to get my heart rate up and pound out some serious cardio on days when I just feel like walking.

The rest of my workout included various strength training exercises that focused on my legs.

After returning home and showering it was breakfast time!

Ryan’s mom fixed us a delicious meal that included scrambled eggs with cheese, blueberry Greek yogurt topped with fresh berries, salami, corn bread and a mini pumpkin muffin.

black friday 001

And coffee! I love the coffee at my mother-in-law’s house. Her coffee maker is seriously legit and makes a mean cup of coffee.

Breakfast had to be filling because we had a day of shopping ahead of us.

Black Friday

Ryan, Ross, my mother-in-law and I all headed out to the nearby outlet mall to take advantage of some Black Friday sales around noon today.

black friday 003

I did some damage at the Banana Republic outlet (everything was 50 percent off!) and got a nice running jacket for only $15 (20 percent off plus I had a gift card) at the Nike outlet.

black friday 005

You better believe I tried clothes on over my real clothes in the store. I wasn’t about to wait in the crazy fitting room lines and didn’t need to try on anything other than sweaters and jackets anyway. It was a successful shopping trip all around.

Sadie even found something to give to Ryan for Christmas!

She has a history of finding the perfect gift for him every year…

vizsla dad shirt

(Christmas 2008)

When we were done shopping, my mother-in-law and I hit up Detwiler’s market to grab some goodies.

black friday 007

They had the most amazing looking produce. I would’ve filled my basket if we were heading back to Ocala before the end of the weekend. I did get a pack of gingersnap cookies that were perfectly spicy.

Lunch

Lunch was a bit late today since we were out running around, but it was worth the wait!

black friday 008

I filled my plate with lots of stuffing, turkey topped with marinara sauce (leftover from the meatballs + sauce), crab dip and salad. I had seconds of the stuffing and two s’mores bars for dessert. Apparently Thanksgiving is a two-day event for me this year.

Off to play some games before dinner. I also have a serious craving for pumpkin pie that I’m hoping to satisfy this evening!

Comments

I miss American shopping, I need another trip soon! It just isn’t the same here in Ireland…We need more outlet malls! Today is the first time I’ve ever heard of “Black Friday” but I’m liking the idea of it kicking off the shopping season, I need to get present buying!

Wow, I will definitely be doing that walking workout in the morning. Thanksgiving is totally a 2-day event for me – I put in bits and pieces of all the sides to make a massive salad, which was the best way to eat a healthy dinner, ever!

I often complete kick-booty incline walking workouts (for the entirety of my workout) when I am not in the mood to run but still want to get a great workout in. My incline walking workouts look a little like this:

0-1; 4.3; 0
    31-32; 4.5; 5.5
    32-33; 4.5; 5
    33-34; 4.5; 4.5
    34-35; 4.5; 4
    35-36; 4.5; 0
    (36-60; 4.5; 0)

The toughest part of the workout is the 9-9 incline zone. Just keep pushing through it; once you have completed the workout, you will feel accomplished!

4. Erin says

Definitely texted my bff yesterday not to ask how her Thanksgiving was, but to share my excitement at the Leslie/Ross development like a true creep ; )

Seriously, this loooks like such a fun day!!! I always love changing routines up and somehow waking up at someone’s house and having breakfast with them :) (When I visited Kansas, my future in laws)

And I’m wondering if we have a banana rep. outlet in cali~gotta check on that! :)

Walking workouts can definitely kick my butt! And I totally try clothes on over my clothes at the store as a general rule. I tend to have no patience for fitting rooms.

I got some great deals on Under Armour coldgear yesterday on Black Friday! I was pumped! And yes, absolutely Killer and Walking can be in the same sentence! Fitsugar.com has a ton of great incline walking workouts, they always get my heart pumping!

8. Lacey says

that incline workout was tough! it probably didn’t help that my hamstrings were so tight from my workout the day before. also meant to share my roommates and another group of our friends had a friendsgiving dinner after you had yours! we loved the idea!

I totally try clothes on over the top of my regular clothes when shopping in sales. You have to in London or its just frustrating! Also, love the sound of pumpkin pie. I am going to try and make one today! ;)

Hello there, I discovered your web site by the use of Google while looking for
    a similar topic, your site came up, it appears great.
    I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, just become alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it is truly informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful in case you continue
    this in future. Numerous folks will be benefited from your
    writing. Cheers!