A match made in heaven.
I would love to paint a beautiful holiday picture in your head and tell you that I made this recipe last night and Ryan and I cozied up on the couch together in front of the fire to enjoy it while watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.
But that would be a lie.
First, during round one of this recipe, I burnt the popcorn
Second, we don’t have a fireplace.
And third, while we did eat it together on the couch, our movie of choice had a little less Snoopy and a lot more wolf pack (umm, The Hangover).
I got the idea for this recipe when I saw white-chocolate covered popcorn at the grocery store yesterday and then saw white chocolate and peppermint-covered pretzels on sale in the next aisle.
I’m such a sucker for sweet and salty, so when I had some white chocolate and lots of crumbled peppermint pieces leftover from the peppermint bark, I popped up a bag of popcorn and got creative!
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 1 100 calorie-size bag butter popcorn
- 3 ounces white chocolate (I used Baker’s white chocolate baking blocks)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 peppermint candies or one candy cane (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Pop popcorn according to package instructions in microwave. Set aside.
- Pulse peppermint candies in food processor until pieces are very fine and near dust-like consistency.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring regularly.
- Stir peppermint extract and peppermint candies into chocolate.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn, stirring quickly to ensure even coating over the popcorn.
- Garnish with additional peppermint candies and enjoy!
Be warned: This recipe was inhaled in less than two minutes in our house and left us with white chocolate-covered fingertips which we happily licked clean.