Help Make a Christmas Wish Come True

This morning I received an email from Nikki, a nursing student from West Virginia, with information about a child’s Christmas wish that I though we might be able to help come true on some small level.

According to Nikki, Max, an 8-year-old boy battling leukemia, will not make it home to celebrate Christmas and has one crazy, fun Christmas wish:

He would like to receive 1,000,000 Christmas cards in the mail.

christmas postcard 004
If you would like to send him a card and help make his Christmas wish come true, cards may be sent to:

Max c/o Hailey Remish
417 Jones Street
Belle Vernon, PA
15012

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!!

P.S. A BIG thank you to those of you who have already commented on my morning Facebook post about this and passed along Max’s address to your friends and family. You are wonderful!

Comments

1. Cassie says

I’m totally gonna send him one!! What an easy way to make someone’s wish come true :) You’re awesome! I’m a kindergarten teacher so I’m going to get my 22 students to make him a Christmas card as well and I’ll mail them all out!! :))

2. Sarah says

Hi Julie,

What a thoughtful Christmas wish! I look at your blog every morning before I start my day, I’m currently in AFG and look forward to looking at a normal person’s daily activities. It’s definitely all about the little things. I’ve already told the office and there will be a number of soldiers who will be sending their Christmas wishes to this little boy! Thanks again for bringing light to Max’s life. We will all keep him in our thoughts!

placing it as my facebook status immediately. As a pediatric nurse I always feel so bad for the kids stuck in the hospital during the holidays. As fun as we try to make it seem, it’s just not the same. It would be amazing if we could all help to achieve this boys wish!

This is so inspiring and touching! Me and my Dear [each] will DEF be sending him a card!!! My younger brother was diagnosed with a chronic illness when he was 6 years old and spent long periods of time for a few years in the hospital. The holiday’s were especially hard since all he wanted to do was be home for Santa… We will be thinking of Max and his family this year <3

5. Cara says

I totally bought a christmas card for Max when I was out christmas shopping this weekend. What an inspiring story. Thanks so much for sharing!

6. cara says

i told the princeble of my school about this to see if we could make them in class and she thought it was a great idea but she said i have to prove it to her that this is not just a prank or a scam how can i do that

7. cara says

i told the principle of my school about this to see if we could make them in class and she thought it was a great idea but she said i have to prove it to her that this is not just a prank or a scam how can i do that

• says

Hi Cara! I actually called the hospital and got confirmation on it… Cards may also be sent directly to the hospital:

Ruby Memorial Hospital
      Attn: WVU Children’s Hospital/Max
      1 Medical Center Drive
      Morgantown, WV 26506-8110

You could also call the hospital to check if you want to be 100 percent sure as well!

8. Cyndi says

I too called the hospital to find out if this was true. (snopes had a similar story-different child’s name). The woman said she could not confirm if the story was true however any cards sent should not go to the hospital (there was no “Max” there but wouldnt confirm if there may of been) but to the church below.
    Saint Luke church
    19 Joe Glenn drive
    Morgantown WV  26508

I would like to believe it is true but seeing as to how close the plea is to the spam from years before I find it doubtful.
    Nonetheless I thought I would include the correct address.

I called the hospital and verified it is true. I am a teacher and got 157 handmade cards from students at my school! I can’t wait to mail them off tomorrow!!

I wish we could see the smile in his family’s face when he opens them.
    Merry Christmas!

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a
    little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea