Between the peppermint bark and white chocolate peppermint popcorn I inhaled over the past few days, it should come as no surprise that I baked up another peppermint and chocolate sweet treat earlier this week.
Yes, these cookies are already gone.
You put pudding mix, peppermint and chocolate in a cookie and try to resist!
I got the idea for these cookies from seeing tons of boxes of cake mix in the grocery store that promised a “super moist” cake because of the inclusion of pudding mix in the batter.
Why not include pudding mix in cookies!?
I actually had to make a couple of batches of these cookies before the recipe was good enough to share (poor me, plagued with lots of cookie scraps to eat), but the end result of the final batch was worth the effort.
These cookies have crispy edges, ooey gooey centers and a chocolaty flavor with the perfect hit of peppermint. I also love the fun crunch from the peppermint bits in the batter.
Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies
Makes approximately 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 packet instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 peppermint candies, crushed (may use more or less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Add egg, vanilla and peppermint extract to butter mixture and mix until everything is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine pudding mixture, flour and baking soda.
- Pour pudding mixture into butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in peppermint candy pieces.
- Drop one-tablespoon size scoops of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
P.S. These cookies are not dog friendly which makes for one very sad puppy in our house.