We almost slept in until 8 a.m. this morning! (My college self wants to sock me in the face for thinking 8 a.m. is late.)
At around 7:40 a.m., Ryan and I started to stir and got out of bed after lying around for a while to start our weekend off right.
To the gym, we went!
Since yesterday was an unexpected rest day, I had a leg workout to make up.
After a 20-minute warm up on the elliptical, I got to work, completing the following exercises:
On our way home from the gym, we swung by the grocery store to pick up some food for the weekend, including the traditional New Year’s Day dinner fare.
Some black-eyed peas and collard greens will be cookin’ in our house tomorrow!
When we arrived home, I was more than ready for breakfast and quickly made myself an egg sandwich which I ate along with a small box of Cocoa Krispies.
The cereal was a total impulse buy at the grocery store. I saw a breakfast sampler pack and nabbed it, eating a mini box of Corn Pops on the drive home. I was bummed to see that the sampler pack included two boxes of Cocoa Krispies, Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes, but only one box of Corn Pops and Apple Jacks.
Corn Pops are the best! What were you thinking, Kellogg’s!?
Now I finally got around to blogging and am currently being fueled by an early-afternoon cup of peppermint crème coffee.
Your Top Workout Posts
I was excited to see that a bunch of you were interested in a roundup of your top workouts posts from 2011, as determined by page views.
Heeere are your favorites!
- Cardio Circuit: 60 seconds on, 60 seconds off intense circuit
- 100 Squat Challenge
- Plyometric Circuit Workout
- Sure To Make You Sore Leg Workout
- The 100 Workout
- 5 x 50 Workout: 50 repetitions of 5 different exercises, repeated 5 times
- No Nonsense Circuit Workout: 25-minute circuit workout that builds intensity
- Treadmill Workouts: A collection of some of my favorites
- Superset Upper Body Workout
- Super Fast 15-Minute Jump Rope Circuit
Time to get sweaty!
Chia Seed Giveaway Winners
Congratulations to the winners of yesterday’s chia seed giveaway!
- #850, Nicole G.: “I’ve always wanted to try overnight oats. This seems like the perfect addition.”
- #433, Kelsey: “Like you, I am big on textures. I always add granola, nuts or seeds to give my yogurt bowl the perfect punch. I would love to try Chia Seeds for the added crunch and thickness!”
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and I will get you your chia seeds and chia seed tank tops right away!