Christmas Returns

All of the Christmas decorations are still up. We’re slacking!

But we did make some Christmas returns, so the day hasn’t been a complete waste.

At around 11 a.m., we took Sadie on a three-mile hike for her morning exercise.

barnes and noble 005

barnes and noble 006

She’s was lovin’ life and the 60-degree weather. It was chilly enough that she wasn’t panting, but cool enough that she had that extra pep in her step and ran all over the trails like a goober.

Post-hike, we came home and showered which was eventful. I have to shower with a plastic bag tied around my left hand to keep my glued-up pinky out of water, so soaping the bod is an adventure. Ryan helped me wash my hair on Saturday, but let’s just say I’ll probably be sportin’ some greasy hair for the next week or so.

Lunch

Once we were clean, we ate a quick lunch of New Year’s Day dinner leftovers.

barnes and noble 012

I actually liked the black-eyed peas even more after that sat in the fridge for a day. They were extra salty and flavorful.

barnes and noble 011

We then headed out to do some Christmas present returns.

I requested a Starbucks run since Ryan and I both received Starbucks gift cards for Christmas from our mothers. Sweet!

I ordered a grande peppermint mocha and complimented the barista on the best peppermint mocha I’ve ever had from Starbucks. She did an awesome job and it was extra foamy!

barnes and noble 014

With a burst of caffeine, we hit up a few stores to exchange and return gifts.

First up was Barnes & Nobel where we went to return a cookbook Ryan bought for me. It was a gorgeous cookbook, but the recipes were crazy detailed and called for a bunch of obscure ingredients, so Ryan understood when I explained that I loved it (the photography was incredible!), but that I would likely never use it.

Gotta love all the diet books out for the new year!

barnes and noble 016

We returned the cookbook and nabbed the second book in The Maze Runner series, The Scorch Trials.

barnes and noble 015

We ended up finishing The Maze Runner last night and can’t wait to begin book number two in the series. I know I said it yesterday, but you’ll love these books if you’re a Hunger Games fanatic. (For my fellow readers, I’ll do a full review of The Maze Runner series once we finish all three books.)

Our second errand took us to Gander Mountain, which deeply excited Ryan. Outdoor equipment galore!

While there, I just about peed my pants when a rogue mannequin arm scared the crap out of me!

barnes and noble 019

Ryan obviously found this hilarious.

barnes and noble 018

After a pit stop at the grocery store to stock up on a week’s worth of food, we’re finally back home and ready to tackle the Christmas décor!

Sadly I don’t think our half-lit mini Christmas tree will see another Christmas.

I plan to listen to Mannheim Steamroller’s Christmas CD one final time as we pack everything up, so that should make the process a little less depressing!

Comments

1. Jen says

Are you wearing leggings in the pic at Barnes & Noble?? Which brand do you wear? I can’t seem to find ones that aren’t either see through or totally unflattering.

I haven’t read the Maze Runner series yet, but I definitely need to! I love that you guys read books together. That’s so cute.
    I got all of my Christmas returns done today too. One post-holiday duty that I can cross off my list!

Oh you poor thing, having a glued finger can’t be fun but well done in negotiating the help of your husband in the hair care, I’m not sure mine would be brave enough to even try!

Number one, I love, love, love how you guys hold Sadie like she is a real child! I think it’s the cutest thing in the world.
    Two, my sister is a Halloween fanatic and she constantly has life size dummies everywhere, and although their arms aren’t falling off (yet), they scare me half to death on a regular basis!

I love that first picture of Ryan & Sadie. Her look is just perfect…it’s like ‘that’s my Dad & I’m so proud.’ :) Haha! I don’t know why but I just thought it was adorable.
    & I just read above that you didn’t really like the 3rd Hunger Games either..I don’t either. I just cannot get into it like the first two. I’m stilllllll trying to get through it, but I’m only around page 60 and it’s just dragging. I really want to see how it ends though, I hear it’s really sad.

Try the Treseme Fresh Start products. I used them for a couple days following foot surgery (when I just didn’t care what was going on). It helped me to feel fresher despite the fact I couldn’t shower!

I just started the Hunger Games series yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. Glad to hear that there is another series out there like it, I’ll have to add The Maze Runner to my list of must-reads!

Hi! I have only a few pages left of Divergent and am bummed that the next book doesn’t come out until May. So, in the meantime, I will read the Maze Runner trilogy. I just found on Amazon that there is a prequel to this coming out in August (The Kill Order). I’m not sure if you already know but I thought I’d pass along to you.