What Do I Drink?

My parents still haven’t arrived, but that’s not bad news because I’ve been super productive while waiting for them to pull into our driveway.

After spending the morning working on a freelance project for a new publication (Woo!), it was time for a lunch break.

My morning snack didn’t do a great job of tiding me over and I wanted lunch fast… So fast that making a grilled cheese felt like it would take too much time.

Thank goodness for cheese toast sandwiches made in the toaster oven!

sandwich

I made myself a hot turkey and cheese sandwich by topping honey wheat bread with mustard, two slices of cheese – cheddar and Colby jack – and deli turkey meat before toasting them until the cheese melted and the turkey warmed up.

Sides were supah-fresh and included fresh strawberries, tomatoes and a clementine.

what i drink 004

I feel like I hit the tomato jackpot whenever I buy cherry tomatoes that are crisp and not squishy. They’re oddly hard to come by for some reason!

what i drink 003

January Book Club Selection

Based on your votes, the January Book Club selection is The Night Circus!

the night circus

Discussion will occur on February 1.

Happy reading!

What Do I Drink?

Yesterday I received an email from a blog reader, Lauren, asking me about what I drink every day. I frequently blog about the foods I consume, but rarely mention beverages.

Let’s break it down!

what i drink 020

starbucks large cup

Water. (Obviously.)

I try really hard to drink three large 24-ounce Tervis Tumblers full of water every day. Realistically, I drink about two daily, but for some reason drinking out of a big glass with a straw makes it so much easier for me to down copious amounts of water.

what i drink 008

Sparking water.

A luxury! I don’t drink it daily (if it was free I think it would replace regular water for me!), but I love sparkling water. The bubbles are fantastic and I am a big fan of La Croix pamplemousse (grapefruit) sparkling water. It’s completely void of artificial sweeteners, sodium and calories and I gulp it down like it’s cool whenever we have it in our house.

(Because I know someone will suggest it, we actually received a Soda Stream to make our own carbonated water as a wedding gift and I use that like crazy when the carbonators are full at our house. Unfortunately we use them up so fast and don’t live close to anywhere that we can trade them in which is a huge bummer, but the Soda Stream rocks!)

coffeewhat i drink 016

Coffee and tea.

I was always a huge tea girl until I entered the working world and began drinking coffee when I worked at the Orlando Museum of Art because it was free and I was freezing.

I don’t feel like I need to drink coffee or tea every morning to wake up and don’t. I just drink it if a craving hits (or I’m cold), which is probably three times a week or so… less in the summer when it’s hot outside.

what i drink 011

Almond milk and organic 2 percent milk.

I don’t really drink milk (I don’t like the taste very much), but I really, really like almond milk. I don’t typically drink almond milk by the glass either though, but use vanilla almond milk in my morning coffee. (The grocery store was out of the vanilla variety this week which is why you see unsweetened almond milk above. Not a happy camper!)

I’ll use either regular or almond milk in my overnight oats, typically preferring regular milk. I also use almond or regular milk in my smoothies and the occasional mug of hot chocolate. I always note which one I use if I list regular or almond milk as an ingredient in recipes on the blog.

what i drink 014

relax wine 002

Alcohol.

Ryan and I always have beer, wine and liquor on hand, but neither of us are huge drinkers. We definitely enjoy drinking with friends socially, on dates or on special occasions but neither of us really crave beer or a glass of wine at the end of the day. I enjoy beer and wine when I drink them, but neither are part of my daily routine.

I also think that both of us have seen how alcohol can have a very negative impact on the lives of certain people and naturally don’t drink much except for in social situations to have fun and party it up! A bonus? It saves a ton of money!

Questions of the Afternoon

• What beverages do you enjoy daily?
  • Do you drink alcohol regularly or crave beer or a glass of wine at the end of the day?

Comments

1. Lexie @ This Aussie Eats says

I just received a sodastram Fizz for Christmas from my boyfriend and have had so much fun trying it out! I love the more natural flavors, sometimes I’ll just carbonate the water and add my own lemon or lime.

Im with you on refilling the CO2 bottles though, I’m not really looking forward to that part. Apparently you can send the bottle into the company and they will refill it for you at a discounted price but im not sure how much cheaper that would be when you take the cost of postage and all into consideration.

Yay! I am going to have that book sent to my kindle right now. :-) I think book club selections are going to be my present to myself this year. Every month. :-)

My husband and I both drink. He, far more frequently than I, but we enjoy a beer or glass of wine when out. The difference between us is that I never drink at home, unless we’re throwing a party, and he will drink a beer with dinner a few nights per week.

Water and tea–that’s it for me! I don’t really do carbonated sodas, and I usually will only have milk if I put it in cereal or oatmeal (so bad, I know–I try to eat yogurt to make up for it calcium-wise). I feel exactly the same way you do about alcohol. This week has been a treat for me, though, because my parents cleaned out their liquor cabinets over the holidays. So I inherited a lovely bottle of white wine, which I’ve enjoyed a glass of with dinner each night after work. Nothing wrong with a treat once in awhile, right? :)

I drink an excessive amount of water, a small amount of seltzer, a coffee or two a day, and an occasional tea. I have to admit though I love red wine. An unfortunately, I do crave a glass of wine at the end of the day. You lucky girl that you don’t. :) hehe

I LOVE sparkling water & I find myself spending $$ on it each time I’m at the grocery or Target. And like you, I couldn’t imagine spending so much $$ on alcohol each week if we drank it regularly. :)

I love a glass or two of wine! That’s probably my alcohol of choice.. not more than 3 times a week usually, but sometimes after a long day at work some wine is exactly what I need to wind down :)

Going to try the La Croix sparkling waters they sound delicious! and I drink a lot of water, coffee, and tea since I parted ways with most sodas a while back.

Also Almond milk is a great way to make a smoothie or oatmeal :)

I drink water like it’s my job and I never drink soda. I only drink OJ when I’m sick or if I’m craving it on the weekends, but I don’t really buy any type of juices for home. I drink coffee every.single.morning. and maybe even tea later in the day! I HATE the taste of regular milk, and prefer almond or soy as well!

8. Lauren says

I don’t know if you have a Bed Bath and Beyond nearby but they exchange the carbonators and they will let you use a coupon on them too!

9. Mary Babicki says

Coffee, unsweet tea, water, oh yeah, and coffee. 😉 I put a crystal light packets in one bottle of water a day, but otherwise plain. I keep almond breeze on hand for cereal and oatmeal but I don’t drink it. No soda, juice, or carbonated beverages of any kind. I rarely drink alcohol, only socially.

Oooo, I was so hoping the pick would be The Night Circus. It certainly sounds like an interesting read.

Drinks are tough for me. I def drink a cup of coffee a day just to wake up. I don’t drink milk, juice or sodas. I try to drink water but realistically I get most of my hydration before and after meals. I like to gulp a glass of water before and after eating. I just don’t crave ANY beverages during the day so I forget to drink at all. 4/7 days a week though, I finish the day with a glass of wine. My hubby likes to expirament with craftbrews so he has a beer or two a day as well.

Phew! That was a long one just to say, I don’t drink anything much at all. 😀 Have a great day Julie!

11. Kate says

You said you usually drink vanilla almond milk..is this one also unsweetened or the sweetened version? I looove sweetened vanilla almond milk but am curious if the unsweetened version is comparable. Have you experimented with both?

12. Shelby says

I pretty much drink exactly what you drink to the T. The coconut La Croix is my Fav. I am a big coffee drinker and at restaurants I usually always order unsweetened iced Tea. I don’t drink alcohol very often, but I’m not 21 just yet. My mom will let me have a glass of wine with her and at College I pretty much say no to alcohol most times because of my sport.

I am so with you about drinking water through a straw! Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but I have found that I am able to down way more water each day if I’m drinking through a straw than out of a cup or water bottle.

14. Lindsay says

I love my Soda Stream Penguin! Apparently I was buying so much carbonated water and talking about the Soda Stream so much last year that both my parents and my boyfriend got one for me! I usually just drink it plain, but want to try some naturally flavored carbonated waters, like adding fresh ginger. I used to drink a Diet Coke a day, but gave that up a few years ago after I stopped liking the taste. But I still missed the carbonation, so to me, carbonated water is the perfect solution!

i am a huge water drinker. i usually drink a 16 oz. glass of water with each meal and snack and then randomly throughout the day during/after workouts or when i’m otherwise thirsty. in the morning i always have a cup or two of coffee with a splash of vanilla soymilk in it. i’m not a huge fan of regular milk either (because of the taste). i don’t mind it after i eat something really sweet and rich, but i don’t gulp it down regularly. as for alcohol, my husband and i rarely drink except for special occasions. it gets expensive and like you said, it’s never really something we crave on a daily basis.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea. I try to get most of my caffeine from tea because it has more health benefits than coffee… but I just really love coffee. I drink water throughout the day, but not enough. When I’m out and about I bring a water bottle with me but have to consciously remind myself to drink it. It doesn’t help that I have to pay to use the water cooler in my office… I brought my own Brita pitcher to work with me and that helps.

My schedule really sucks, and when I put my whole day together I’m out of the house from 5:15 AM until at least 8:30 PM, but sometimes as late as 10:30 or 11. For a while I got into the habit of drinking a glass of wine as soon as I got home to wind down, since it was hard for me to immediately go to sleep when I got home. I rarely had more than one, but could tell that it wasn’t affecting me well. I would often wake up in the middle of the night feeling dehydrated. I switched to decaf tea, and that’s helped. My husband and I still like having a couple beers or glasses of wine together while watching a movie or over dinner, though, but that’s mainly on weekends.

I actually love almond milk, too! I like the Silk Vanilla Unsweetened better than the Almond Breeze for some reason – have you tried that before? I love the coffee cup your sister got you – I’m a “J” too so I may just have to go get it! Hope you have fun with your parents & on date night! :)

I’m with you on the straw thing, my dear. I have a Nathan water bottle that has a straw top [a handme down gifting from Laura of http://oddduckblog.com YEARS ago] that I 100% contribute my being able to hydrate so well at the office. I leave it at my desk, and try to get at least 3 bottles in while I’m at my desk.

I also have a few Tervis tumblers with straws similiar to yours which I use at home, too. And I do keep some funky colored straws [and a few personalized “crazy” straws I got for Christmas from an old college friend back in the day – so cool! They say my initials, “bucky” for the UW Badgers, and “Lodi” – the town I went to high school and feel V. passionately about!] in my kitchen for drinking out of other cups and glasses.

Last night I was drinking some water with a crazy hot pink straw and learned that Benson REALLY loves straws. If i leave a mug or cup of water out on a table with my back turned – he ALWAYS jumps up to take a sip. Yesterday was the first time he’s ever been around while I had a straw and he chewed on it for at least 7 minutes. Hilarious. [and woth the twit pic i sent 😉 ] Silly, adorable kitten!

I am an admitted Tea-aholic. It doesn’t matter what kind, hot or cold, if it’s tea, I’ll probly drink it, but no mint tea. Blech. It’s supposed to sooth your tummy and does the opposite for me.

Pamplemousse is my most favorite French word ever! I even named a puppy that one time! :) But I haven’t tried the sparkling water. Sounds yummy though.

• says

Claire, if you don’t mind spending a teeny bit of extra time, warming the almond milk first really helps. I pour in my desired amount of almond milk, throw it the microwave for 30 seconds and then pour my coffee over it. Presto, no curdling! If you don’t want to bother with the microwave (or don’t have one), I find the curdling is at least reduced if I add the almond milk to my mug first, and then slowly stream in my coffee. I think that helps “temper” the almond milk a bit.

I try to drink water as much as I can, but I will agree that the straw totally helps! Occasionally I will have a baby Dr. Pepper because I LOVE that flavor. I once was addicted but dropping 5 lbs because I gave up soda did the trick for me lol!

I also prefer a drink called neuro that is smart energy – it helps to lift my brain fog so I can concentrate since I spend so much time in front of the computer working.

One of my favorites though is an Arnold Palmer. Half tea and half lemonade, especially if it’s Publix tea and lemonade. Publix tea by itself is WAY too sweet for me, but somehow the lemonade makes it balance. I would probably drink hot tea more but I’ve been spoiled by my friend that is a tea expert and she has the best tasting stuff. The stuff at the store just isn’t as good. That’s pretty much it for me!

1. I love both your anthro mugs. SO cute!
    2. how can you handle the unsweetened almond milk? gaah, I’ve gotta stick with “original” if not vanilla.. I wasn’t a happy lady with the unsweetened stuff.
    3. I’m the same way, actually.. I don’t ever really just “have a glass” of alcohol just to have a glass. I save it for partytime. :)

Interesting post idea – I also try and drink several big bottle of water and find it way easier to do so with a straw!

I don’t crave it, but if it’s at home I love a glass of wine with dinner or while watching tv in the evening. I used to like beer, but not so much anymore. I loveeeeee margaritas when I go out for tex mex food, but they are $$ so I rarely get them anymore.

I like going to my boyfriend’s parents’ place for dinner because they are religious about their wine drinking and no matter what dinner is, we all have a glass!

23. Amber says

I drink water ALL DAY literally! I put down probably close to a gallon. If I go eat somewhere for lunsh I like to have iced tea. I enjoy beer and wine but dont crave it unless it was a stresfull day at work…then its a must!

In the colder months I always start my day with coffee or tea to warm up. Then during the work day I aim to drink 1.5L of water and then usually another mug or two of tea. After work and the gym, usually more water and a protein shake made with almond milk. I am also not a fan of dairy milk.
    For alcohol, I do not drink regularly, over the holidays I indulge more, or for special occasions.

25. Kimberley says

Strange question, but do you drink tap water or buy bottled?

Rice milk has become my milk of choice recently – delicious!

Great post Julie :o)

• says

i used to use a brita filter and drink tap water when we lived in orlando, but in ocala we’re on well water and it smells and tastes AWFUL – even when filtered. now we buy those BIG jugs from walmart and refill them for $3.00. they’re great!

I definitely don’t drink alcohol on a regular basis – I really only do it if I’m out with a friend and I don’t want them to be the only one drinking, or if there’s a group of us sharing a bottle of wine. To be honest, I usually just prefer non-alcoholic drinks because they’re more hydrating. As for daily bevvies – I’m like you with the water, tea, and Almond Breeze (I don’t drink it straight-up, I just add it to things!)

I start my days with a bottle of water during/after my workout, followed by another 1C glass with breakfast. At work, i drink green tea pretty much all day long.. as in i usually drink 4 travel mugs worth lol not sure if that’s a bad thing? At lunch i’ll have another glass of water and at supper, I always have a big glass of milk. As for alcohol, i stopped drinking 4-5 years ago so that’s a non issue for me. :)

I have oj and tea in the morning and then just water for the rest of the day. I’m not opposed to wine/beer with dinner, but I only want so little I never order it/open it up myself. I just beg others to share with me. :-) I’ve also been thinking about trying almond milk in my cereal.

i’m a daily water & coffee kinda girl.
    although i really should drink a ton more water!!!

i want to start drinking more tea :)

and the occasional drink every now and again.

I LOVE La Croix also!! I drink it whenever I can get my hands on it. Enough that I am thinking about investing in a Penguin or Soda Stream to make it and drink it on the regular.
    I need to cut down on the amount of alcohol I consume, yes I am still in college for another few months but that shouldn’t be an excuse to overindulge in anything. I just have an easy time defining anything as a special event haha!!

31. Felicia @ Let's Talk About... says

I drink so much herbal tea! I’m always freezing so sometimes I’ll even just drink straight up hot water. There are very few times I want anything cold.

Mmmmmmmm Relax Riesling!! I can never find that anywhere!! MMMMM :)
    I drink tons of water when I’m at work – i have a liter bottle i refil..usually 2x, tea in the morning, and some sprite zero w/ dinner. and an occassional diet pepsi or iced coffee….but more iced coffee since we got a Keurig.
    Now i have to go pee. 😉

I don’t drink alcohol at all :) Some people find it weird, but my boy-friend really inspired me when we were started dating to step away. Haven’t drank a sip since and I’m proud to say it!

I start out each day with my one cup of coffee then I usually drink water for the rest of the day. I’ll have a glass of wine about once a week if I’m out to dinner, but I hardly ever drink. I prefer my water in my giant Tervis as well!

I always drink coffee or tea in the morning. I try to drink a lot of water but it’s hard for me to drink throughout the day. I love seltzer! I’ve been drinking it ever since I was little. I like the occasional beer or glass of wine. :)

Sparkling water has become my new obsession. I just cannot get enough of it. Oh, and my morning has to start with coffee. It’s embarrassing how much of a zombie I am without it!

I’m not a big drinker at ALL, but I do love the occasional glass of wine at dinner. Other than that, I hardly ever touch alcohol.

I drink water (NOT enough!) and iced tea every single day.. ESP iced tea- being having big pitchers freshly made in the house since I was little. :) I hate the taste of mild a d slightly lactose intol, but I like almond milk in shakes and cereal!

38. katrina says

i pretty much only drink water. tap water, because i am cheap. we have some glass bottles that i keep in the fridge so i can always have a nice cold glass of water.

i don’t drink very often. i’ll have a couple glasses of wine or a whiskey and ginger ale one night every couple weeks, and cider if i’m out with people, but that’s about it.

I’m a big fan of carbonated drinks as well! I know bed bath and beyond exchanges the cannisters and I ususally get two or three at a time so the last then exchange them every 2 months or so. I like the La Croix drinks as well. I live in Philly most of the time and don’t see them there, so when I am on vacation in Orlando [like now :-) ] I get to drink them!

I’m the same with alcohol. I frankly don’t need the calories and I like to be productive at night which I wouldn’t be if I drank a bottle of wine or a few beers. I definitely indulge on holidays, vacations, or in social situations.

I drink a ton of water during the day and then seltzer at night. We go through 2 2 liter bottles of seltzer in about 4 days. It’s not even the money that annoys me but the recycling of all those bottles that drives me crazy!

• says

whenever i go to starbucks, i usually blog about what drink i order at the time. my favorites include mocha frappuccinos, peppermint mochas, relax tea and chai tea lattes. thank goodness for gift cards!

41. Lauren says

I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE tea fan. If I could only drink one tea for the rest of my life, it would be Tazo Refresh, followed closely by Twinings Earl Grey. It reminds me of summer trips to Ireland with my family :) I just turned 21 so I’m just learning what kind of alcohol I like, but so far my favorite is white Moscato wine! I don’t really crave it, though, I’ll only drink for special occasions.

My drink habits are so similar to yours! I try to keep my Tervis Tumbler and Starbucks tumbler full all day – so I probably drink 4 or so 24 oz glasses of water per day. I also drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day, and occasionally a mug of tea (I picked that habit up when I spent some time in London!).

My fiance & I don’t drink alcohol regularly, but we usually always have wine, beer, and liquor in the house. I honestly don’t even average one drink per week…that’s how rarely I drink! :)

43. Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled says

I always try to drink a lot of water, mostly between meals. With meals, I much prefer something with flavor like lemonade or Tropicana’s Raspberry Lemonade 60 calories drink.

I rarely “crave” alcohol, but I do enjoy drinking it. The few times I really want it, it’s probably a very stressful situation, and I want to unwind. Good job on the water, I try to force myself to drink at least 2 of those a day, and I have been getting worse since the holidays :/

You can exchange carbonators at the Bed Bath & Beyond on 200, and weirdly, also at the Staples on 27th. (I don’t know why there, but I’ll take it!)

I drink water because sometimes I feel guilty about using calories on other drinks! I do love juice and lemonade, though. I also drink coffe daily, and use almond milk in cereal, oatmeal, and smoothies.
    I don’t drink wine or beer, but I will have those Smirnoff thingys once in a while.

Lots and lots of agua! I have to have coffee in the AM and use just a splash of almond milk. Love, love, love LaCroix but also drink a local Wisconsin brand of sparkling H2O: Klarbrunn. Black cherry flavor is amazing!

48. Amanda says

I drink SO much fluid during the day, I feel like I am ALWAYS going to the toilet. But a good excuse to get up from my desk, right?! At law school I got seriously hooked on coffee. In my second year I was having 8 cups of so a day, and I went cold turkey at the end of that year, and, man. Shakes and headaches and fatigue for a good week! I’ve cut down now to one or two a day, can’t miss my morning java at work!

49. Nathan Miller says

First off…how does a midwestern girl NOT like the taste of milk..ha..

But I drink one to two Diet Lipton Green teas a day and 6 to 7 glasses of water a day. And before I go to sleep I drink half a glass of 1%chocolate milk to crave my sweet tooth.

But Ill usually have a can of pepsi Max and a bit of Captain at the end of the work day. Since I cook with booze all day in soups and such its only natural to have some for myself

50. Whitney says

So I drink my water out of 32 oz mason jars. I leave one at work and drink at least 3 during the day and have one at home and usually drink at least one more there. For whatever reason I really love drinking out of the big heavy glass with the wide mouth. You can also put a lid on it to carry it around. I’ve actually gotten my husband and a bunch of co-workers to drink out of them. Highly recommend it. Even better when you pop a straw into them.

I carry around my Tervis Tumbler like a baby. Water, ice, lemon juice, straw. Now I KNOW I’m contributing to wrinkles around my mouth for straw overuse, however I feel like hydration trumps cosmetic face. Thoughts?

52. Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous says

I can not drink without a tumbler!!! Water is just blah and naked unless it is in an adorable plastic cup with a straw! I drink a Loooottt of green tea! I LOVE coffee. But it makes my stomach hurt! But I am a green tea-aholic!

53. Whitney L. says

Yay for ‘The Night Circus’ being chosen! I really, really want to read it :)
    Also, I usually only drink water. I read somewhere, over a year ago now, that the only liquid our bodies need is water… the rest is just extra calories. Well, I gain weight easily (5′ tall) and I like to eat so I save all my calories for food :) Also, don’t drink but maybe once a year.

54. helen says

I’m a big water drinker too, but it sometimes gets boring and makes me gag (TMI?). I’ve gotten in the habit of filling my nalgene the night before and adding fruit to soak in it (usually lemon, grapefruit, strawberries or oranges). This makes it soo much easier to drink!
    I always have coffee in the morning, iced and I live in NH so I get some weird looks come February!
    I also do lots of tea in the afternoon at work, especially mint.
    I’m with you on alcohol. My boyfriend doesn’t drink at all, so I almost never do at home. Plus, I love beer right from the tap when it’s super cold so I’ll save it for when we’re out.

I drink loads of water every day and usually start the day with a cup or two of coffee. I drink green juice or tea once or twice a week. I drink beer and wine on the regular. One or two glasses most nights out of the week. I don’t ever drink to party anymore, I just love the taste. My boyfriend and I really get into trying new wines and micrbrews, pairing them with food, etc..

56. Tiffany says

I’m so impatient when I used to make grilled cheese. The cheese would seem to take forever when it needed to melt…like waiting for water to boil. I would always turn up the heat and end up burning it. Haha

I also love to consume vitamin water zero!

57. Dione says

I drink a lot of water, tea, and Diet Coke. Yes, I have two cans of Diet Coke a day generally and I’m not ashamed haha. I know most of the blogs I read are anti aspertame….but I love it. And Coke Zero or Diet Pepsi is not the same….Diet Coke all the way.

58. Dione says

Oh and I will for sure participate in book club this month…I will see if Night Circus is cheaper at Costco when I go tomorrow rather than downloading it to my Kindle. Looking forward to it!:)

I drink about 3 litres of natural sparkling water (nothing added in taste) and every morning I press 1 glass of fresh orange juice. Every now and then I drink a cup of tea or hot milk with cocoa (no sugar).

Might sound boring but I love it that way! And I find your blog very inspiring!

60. Michell says

I have the same try to drink 3, but usually only really drink 2 tervis tumblers of water goal each day! There is just something I love about those big ‘ole cups with a straw! And I LOVE my Soda Stream!

61. Spirit of Power, Love, and Self-Discipline says

Where did you get your coffee/tea mugs… they are adorable!!!

I try to drink as much water as possible, but being a teacher, I can’t just up & go to the bathroom after I’ve chugged a huge glass of water! I definitely enjoy a diet soda from time to time. I wish I didn’t love it as much as I do!

I have never had beer in my life … and I am 40 something :) OK 43 … Water has always been my drink of choice since I was a child, my mother had to account for my water stock and the family’s (we have always bought bottled water) … I like tea, but don’t drink it every day and drink about 5 cups of coffee a year … :)

Hey hun! I have a slight obsession with tomatoes myself. So bad that I can go through a whole half pint in one sitting. I do worry that I will become a Snookie shade of orange someday but it will be worth it lol. I did have a quick question for you…

I am looking into becoming a writer and wanted to dabble with some freelance work to begin and get my toes wet. How did you first got involved with what you are currently doing? any advice for a burgoning writer? You are so inspirational to me and give me the hope that I can go out there and follow my dreams as well. Thanks so much gal and have a great weekend! xoxo

I’m a water girl through and through, I easily consume a minimum of 2 litres a day. My mum was recently in America and bought me back a 24oz Tervis Tumbler – I love it and use it everyday. I refill it 3 – 4 times a day and I totally agree, it is really easy to drink it with a straw.

I have a close family member who is an alcoholic so I rarely drink. I bought a 6 pack of wine coolers January 2011 and I still have 4 left in the fridge – I think it may also have something to do with the fact that it is not fun to wake up to 4 kids with a hangover!

Beautiful picture! I am not one to snack on plum tomatoes much..I have enjoyed 2 or 3 in a salad a few times but now I am tempted to enjoy it with strawberries and a toasted turkey sandwich!

Its amazing how something so simple looks so delicious!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Love that lunch- may have to copy :)! My usual beverages are green tea, iced coffee (one daily), lots of water and soy milk. I used to be a huge Diet Coke drinker but as of Jan 1, I gave it up completely– so far so good! As for alcohol, I share your sentiments: I’m not a big drinker but will drink socially!

Good cherry and grape tomatoes really are gems!
    I always start my day with coffee and then usually stick to water the rest of the day. When I’m at my parents house though, I enjoy seltzer with a teensy spash of cranberry juice #luxuries
    Also, I’m quite excited about the book selection!

69. Kelsey says

I can’t imagine only having coffee/tea three times a week or so. I’m turning 18 tomorrow, and I prefer to have coffee at least once a day (sometimes more…yes, I’m pretty addicted)! Btw, I LOVE your blog ~ It’s my favorite!

70. Melissa says

Nothing turns a grocery shopping trip into a pouting fest faster than when they are out of unsweetened vanilla almond milk… its the worst.

71. mJ says

Just asking..you and ryan were both part of greek life,correct? From what I’ve known, drinking is a huge part of that life with themed parties, away weekends, etc. so, my question is, did you not drink in college that much either? Or did this happen after finishing school?

72. Samantha says

I’m finding it uber convienient and exciting that I just picked up Night Circus last weekend… :) Excited to participate in my first blogger book club!

73. Sarah says

I try to drink 6-8 10/12 oz glasses of water each day. I never have soda. I drink A LOT of herbal teas, though. I try to liit y coffee intake. As for alcohol, never ever. First, no one in my family drinks just because we believe as Christians that beer drinking is wrong, no pressure :) Also i am WAY under drinking age!

I drink water mostly, although I do drink diet pop sometimes. It’s probably “horrible” for me, but if I had to pick one vice, caffeine free diet is mine!

I drink water and coffee religiously. I used to drink diet soda every day, but since giving it up for lent last year, I haven’t craved it at all.

I also drink alcohol about 2-3 times a week.

Your anthro mug is so darn cute. I have a small obsession with coffee mugs and have started a collection hah so I should plan a visit. :)

I usually drink a ton of water daily and nothing else BUT I have struggled with trying to cut down on beer. For awhile I got into the habit of having one at the end of the day to unwind. While I don’t think that’s the worst thing in the world, I’ve definitely tried to cut down to one or two on the weekend only!

77. Meagan says

I drink a lot of water to, coffee (1 a day) and tea. My favorite is to boil up a large amount of green tea or fruit flavored green tea, chill and ice it with either a dollop of honey or lemon wedges, frozen berries, mint leaves etc :) lasts in the fridge a few days and it’s deelish! :)

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to
    assist with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good
    results. If you know of any please share. Kudos!