Back in High School

Last night was one of those “I feel like I’m back in high school again” evenings. My mom made a delicious dinner that included the ultimate comfort foods: Mashed potatoes and gravy! Plus pork roast, peas and fruit salad.

After dinner, my mom, sister and I watched The Bachelor together. I remember watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette with them when I was in high school and falling in love with Ryan Sutter from Trista’s season the moment he walked out of the limo.

ryan sutter

He was such a dreamboat. Smile

Did anyone else watch The Bachelor last night? I found the episode rather annoying. The whole Shawntal thing seemed like a lame attempt at added drama. Feel free to join in our discussion of last night’s episode on the PBF Facebook page.

Workout

I was pretty exhausted from this weekend’s wedding fun and opted to sleep in until 7:30 a.m. It felt glorious!

I didn’t waste any time getting to the gym after I awoke and did 20 minutes of cardio before completing an upper-body workout full of supersets that looked like this:

arm workout

(Note: Exercises highlighted in the same color were completed as supersets.)

It felt good to get back in the gym after a two-day hiatus.

Breakfast today included a bunch of random foods I found in my parents’ pantry and fridge.

sadie vizsla 003-1

I ate a toasted whole wheat bagel thin, fresh strawberries and a cup of peach Greek yogurt.

Plus a small handful of pecans for some healthy fats.

sadie vizsla 004-1

I also drank a small bottle of flavored water.

sadie vizsla 005-1

Sadie didn’t leave my side as I ate my breakfast which was fine by me. I missed her little face!

sadie vizsla 006-1

Time to get to work. I’ve seriously neglected my professional to-do list and need to get to it today!

Comments

I loved Ryan, and Trista. I’m happy they get to live out their love story! Although I am not to thrilled with recent seasons, I still watch.

And yay for Florida strawberry season!

I LOVED Ryan, and I’m glad that his dreamboatyness (great word, huh) extended past the show! Trista is the only one who has picked well! I love reading about their cute life whenever magazines do a feature on them.

3. Kaella Carr/Neithercut says

I LOVED Ryan!! I will admit though, now, he looks a bit different now. Not the same cute guy in my opinion! I wrote on FB but I think Courtney is just really insecure (look at how she reacted to Shawntal showing up by bursting into tears and spying on their conversation!) Oh the bachelor… PS Read online that Emily is being considered for the new bachelorette. 100 bucks says, if she is, they bring Brad back for the “drama!” Ha Ha! Safe drive home today :)

I completely agree on the whole Shawntel thing. So annoying. I was confused. Did they actually even talk to each other before she decided to bust in on the show?

Glad you had a great time with your family! :)

Sorry, I just can’t get into the Bachelor!! It was the ONLY thing that was being talked about on my drive to work on the radio though! The workout you did sounds great – particularly those 3 minutes of biceps curls! You’re gonna have guns of steel – Ryan better watch out haha!!

I’ve never watched the Bachelor! I’m not one for reality TV but everyone talks about it ALL the time, I just might have to give it a try!

stay strong,
    Cait
    burbsandburgh.com

They totally fish for drama on the show. Like a few seasons ago with the wrestler guy. If they know the person is coming to the show just to cause drama and get famous, why wouldn’t they not choose them. It’s all intentional and keeps us glued to the TV.

As much as I hate to say this, I am a little disappointed in the season so far. It seems like the producers are trying even more than usual to create drama and (ahem) scripted issues! Too bad I still can’t stop watching though?! Ha

9. Christina says

That past August my fiance did the Chicago Triathlon. He was in the First Responders division (he is a Chicago Police Officer) and guess who was also in his division – Ryan Sutter! (I think Ryan was a fire fighter?) Trista was there too! They were actually filming some some sort of TV special. (1) Ryan is still just as dreamy (2) he’s an awesome triathlete – but my fiance beat him in the swim :)

I absolutely loved Trista and Ryan! I thought Ryan was dreamy as well! :) Such a beautiful wedding. I can’t watch this season of the Bachelor. I watched the first episode and I hated it. It was so boring and I am not a fan of Ben. I’m disappointed because I am a huge fan of the show.

Ive been reading your blog for a while and Sadie is just so cute! without a TV I’ve yet to find any vices on television, although I do watch Once Upon a Time at my friend’s house after they’ve DVR-ed it!

I have decided that The Bachelor and The Hunger games are eerily similar. The have the announcer (Chris) who knows everything because he watches without intervening, but still plays the sympathy card. Then there are the gamemakers (the producers) who, when things aren’t exciting enough, throw in new twists to ensure that the claws come out.

sorry, but i’ve never been into that show…the bachelor. i just cannot watch so many women vie over one guy that all of a sudden they are in love with and want to spend the rest of their lives with..??? co-dependency at it’s highest.

Aw I miss those home cooked meals- I sure enjoy them when I get to go home to Orlando over breaks! By the way, I have thought this for a while but that picture really made me wanna tell you- Sadie looks SO much like my boyfriends dog, Brooks! He is an American yellow lab so he has darker color than most labs and is leaner. They are both such cuties- so glad you are reunited with your little babe!
    -Shelby

So nice that you got that special time with your mom~:) I feel fuzzy and warm inside reading about it, hehe.

And just a question! Do you normally sleep really early? B/c I’d love to be quick and up in the morning like you are, but it’s just super….difficult! lol.

And you were in my dreams last night!! It was really sweet and interesting. It’s funny how I constantly dream about bloggers. I’ll tell you the dream if you want me to. :D

I tuned in half-way through The Bachelor last night and def agree about the added drama, completely unnecessary! I think Ryan and Trista have kids now?! Anddd, one of the few couples that actually are still together :-/ Love doesn’t happen overnight [although it can make for good, trashy TV]!

That episode made me SO upset!! She just randomly showed up!! a;dlkfjas;dlfk!! Drama, drama!!! I would never have climbed to the top of the bridge though. That was pretty intense. I’m not such a big fan of the Bachelor himself this time! I can’t seem to figure out his characteristics or humor!

I’ve started doing biceps for 3 min non stop after reading about it on your blog and holy cow, it kicks my butt! I end up having to do such a low weight, but it’s awesome and I am ALWAYS sore the next day. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ohh that picture definitely reminded me how hot Ryan Sutter is– plus he’s a firefighter which def ups his attractive factor even more! I loved last night’s episode because it was set in SF which was fun to see the amazing dates in my city! And mm your breakfast looks delish!

20. Denae says

I totally agree with Erin!! Loved the season with Trista and Ryan and the wedding was the best!! I am soo happy they found love with each other!!

I have been meaning to comment for ages now. I absolutely love your site and find your circuit workouts to be amazingly sweat inducing and inspirational. Plus, I think you and your hubbie are just adorable. Thanks!
    Where do you get your workouts from?!
    Best wishes, girl-Sarah