15, 30 or 50 Minute Treadmill Workout

This morning’s workout was a great one!

Signing up for Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp was a great decision. For the past six weeks or so I’ve felt a little bored at the gym. My workouts felt slightly stagnant and I felt the itch to work toward some kind of a fitness goal. I wasn’t in the mood to commit to a bunch of running and train for a distance race, so I felt a little lost.

Thank goodness for boot camp! I can tell that it is already reinvigorating my workouts and providing me with new motivation.

Today’s workout was a cardio workout. The boot camp program allows for a lot of flexibility on cardio days but encourages you to push yourself for a certain amount of time.

With the basic guidelines of Tina’s cardio workout prescription in mind, I hit the treadmill this morning and made up a workout that left me red-faced and sweaty!

treadmill workout
Pin It

I did the full 50 minutes and it definitely kicked my butt. I cannot remember the last time I ran at a 9.0 speed on the treadmill and it felt good to push myself a bit.

This morning’s breakfast was the return of an old favorite!

eggplant butternut squash risotto 020

I made myself an egg sandwich with two fried eggs, a slice of muenster cheese and raspberry jelly, served on top of a toasted whole wheat English muffin. (For my fellow Publix-goers, Thomas’ English muffins are buy one, get one free this week!)

I also sliced up a McIntosh apple to eat on the side to get a jump start on my 5-servings-a-day fruits and veggies goal.

eggplant butternut squash risotto 022

And now for some exciting news…

Fitness Magazine Blog Awards Nomination

Peanut Butter Fingers is nominated for a Fitness Magazine Blog Award in the Healthy Eating category!

awards

To say I’m excited and flattered would be an understatement.

I’m not sure who nominated my blog, but I am so grateful and thank you very much! You guys really are the best and I am constantly in awe of your support and kindness.

fitness magazine blog awards

If you’d like to vote for PBF, you can simply click here.

There are a lot of other amazing blogs nominated, so definitely check them out! Also, the awards contain a bunch of different blog categories so if you’re in the market for a certain kind of healthy-living blog (running, weight loss, inspiration, etc.), browsing the nominees is a great way to discover some fun blogs in different niches. I love so many of them!

And now it’s time to bust out an article for a new freelance client. Writing for a new client always makes me a little nervous because I never know exactly what they want, so I’m hoping it goes well!

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Comments

That looks like an awesome treadmill workout! I’m just starting to incorporate the treadmill into my cardio workouts (usually do the elliptical, bike, or stairstepper, or take a class) and I love the plans that you put together. Congrats on your nomination!

I love those breakfast sandwiches! I always forget about making them on the weekend when I have more time to prepare breakfast. I definitely want to try the whole egg and jelly combination. It sounds good. :)

Best of luck with your writing and Congrats on the nomination!

3. Sara @ The Foodie Diaries says

I would say I’m surprised that you’re nominated, but I’m not. You deserve it! :) And I’m jealous you signed up for Tina’s Body Bootcamp. I was out of town for the week so I missed the deadline. Hopefully she’ll have another round of bootcamp in the future that I can sign up for!

• says

me too! sometimes it’s hard when you have a 50 minute workout in front of you but you really only want to be on the treadmil for 30 min! it’s hard to know where a good place is it stop!

To be honest, I don’t really like treadmills, I love running outside with the fresh air. However this workout sounds great and will keep me occupied because you change it up so much! LOVE it :)

Also, since reading your blog I have now become addicted to those delicious breakfast sammies! yumm!

Your blog is so welcoming and friendly, I feel like I know you. Is that weird? 😉 haha

• says

what a nice thing to say, sara. :) thank you!! and i prefer running outside as well but like the treadmill for interval workouts because of the control. long runs must be outside for me though or i’d die of boredom!

i voted for you as soon as I saw you listed on there :) good luck! your blog is really great, i enjoy reading so much :)

that treadmill workout looks awesome! i’ll definitely need to try it out!

Voted for your blog!
    I’ve looked at so many healthy living blogs and I really think yours shines! Lots of people have great ideas, tips, and recipes, and they are great to use once in a while. I think you are wonderful though because you show how to live a full and fun life while doing so.

Thanks for being an inspiration!

7. Emily says

I followed your recipe for salmon with raspberry glaze for dinner last night. It was definitely a hit – thanks for sharing your delicious, healthy recipes with us! 😀

8. Mel says

Hey Julie! Congrats on the nomination! LOVE your blog. Am curious about how you fry your eggs, they always look so perfect and when I try they are such a gooey mess! Maybe a video or step by step demonstration would be helpful :) – the muenster, jelly, egg combo is amazing, just wish my eggs were better!

THANKS! XO

I saw that you were nominated last week and thats when I voted! Obviously this is my favorite Healthy Living blog by far (can’t you tell by my dorky adoration 😉 )
    I’m going to do another treadmill interval workout today too! It’s windy here in the Bay Area, and it was in the 70s this weekend. I tend to not do well in anything under 65 degrees. I’m spoiled in Cali! I ate eggs and jam last week, and it was darn good! I tend to use the egg substitues (which are all whites), from Costco, and they cook up so nice for scrambles. The best thing about them too is they come in set of 8 cartons, and you can freeze them!

So happy you’re nominated! I’m doing the bootcamp too, going to spin class after work today for the cardio block. I’m a little sore in the bum area after the bosu lunges yesterday lol

Good luck with your new client Julie! And congrats on the nomination! You certainly deserve it. I signed up for Tina’s bootcamp too and am loving it so far! It will be fun to follow along with everyone that is participating.

12. Kari says

I just saw the Fitterati post last night and was going to nominate you, but didn’t have a chance to go through the categories to be sure that you weren’t already on there. I was going to revisit it today, but someone must’ve beat me to the punch. :o) How funny that it’s here today! Great minds must think alike. Ha! Congrats!!! I’ll shoot over there and vote ASAP. Yay PBF!

That looks like an amazing treadmill workout! I sometimes have a hard time pushing myself on the treadmill but this looks like a way to really keep myself engaged! And congrats on the nom! I already voted for you :)

14. Chrissy says

I voted! Saw your blog on pinterest, and feel like I can relate to so much of what you share! I just married a Ryan, we’re obsessed with our Dog, and constantly/awkwardly find ourselves leaving the house in matching outfits! LOL – keep up the good work!

This is great! I got engaged last week so I’m trying to kick my workouts into high gear. This will probably be my workout tonight :)

also, congratulations on the nomination! I love that magazine. You definitely deserve it.

Congratulations Julie!!!!! That’s such exciting news. Also, you’re breakfast sandwiches always look so good. I wish I had more time during the week for breakfast. Wouldn’t work so well to eat in the car 😉

17. Jen says

Voted!! Congratulations on your nomination – routing for your win from NYC! :-)

Also, scared to try this 50 min treadmill workout tonight but your tips and posts have revamped my increasingly boring gym routines, thanks a mil!!

18. Haley says

AH! Congrats!! Your blog is definitely my favorite! I have it bookmarked on my phone so I can read it whenever I am waiting in long lines, between microwaving english muffin sammies, or doing leg presses at the gym!! I tried voting but I do not subscribe to Fitness magazine! Can you vote without being a subscriber?

19. Cheryl says

Hi Julie! I’m new to the blogging world and haven’t been reading yours that long but am already addicted!

Congrats on the nomination! You got my vote!

20. Jacqueline says

Wow! What a great workout! I tried it today after reading about it on your blog post. I only did 15-minutes due to time constraints and I was sweatin’ it! I can’t imagine doing the 50-minute workout! Thanks for sharing!! :-)

21. Kristen Johnson says

I nominated for the award you several weeks ago!!! (I’m sure tons of other people did, too, and you totally deserve it!) I’m glad you made it through! PB Fingers is my favorite healthy living blog and I read it all the time :)

Recently I’ve seen a ton of your pictures and workouts appearing on Pinterest and it makes me so happy (in a cheesy way!) that you’re getting that recognition!

Congrats on everything!!

22. Erin says

hey julie! first, love love love your blog! i am so glad i found it. you’re a great writer and your life is so entertaining to read about :-) question: where do you create those workouts, the ones that say pbfingers.com at the bottom usually? just curious. thanks!

23. Amber says

OMG, I’m so glad I’m not the only one who eats their zoogy (runny) eggs on english muffin with Jelly! I also have a tiny bit of ketchup too! :)

24. Alex says

heeey love the look of your workout! I was just wondering whether the treadmill speeds are mph or kmh? my treadmill’s kmh and since I live in the UK I often have to convert the US workouts into this, is this the case for this one as well??