15, 30 or 50 Minute Treadmill Workout

This morning’s workout was a great one!

Signing up for Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp was a great decision. For the past six weeks or so I’ve felt a little bored at the gym. My workouts felt slightly stagnant and I felt the itch to work toward some kind of a fitness goal. I wasn’t in the mood to commit to a bunch of running and train for a distance race, so I felt a little lost.

Thank goodness for boot camp! I can tell that it is already reinvigorating my workouts and providing me with new motivation.

Today’s workout was a cardio workout. The boot camp program allows for a lot of flexibility on cardio days but encourages you to push yourself for a certain amount of time.

With the basic guidelines of Tina’s cardio workout prescription in mind, I hit the treadmill this morning and made up a workout that left me red-faced and sweaty!

treadmill workout
Pin It

I did the full 50 minutes and it definitely kicked my butt. I cannot remember the last time I ran at a 9.0 speed on the treadmill and it felt good to push myself a bit.

This morning’s breakfast was the return of an old favorite!

eggplant butternut squash risotto 020

I made myself an egg sandwich with two fried eggs, a slice of muenster cheese and raspberry jelly, served on top of a toasted whole wheat English muffin. (For my fellow Publix-goers, Thomas’ English muffins are buy one, get one free this week!)

I also sliced up a McIntosh apple to eat on the side to get a jump start on my 5-servings-a-day fruits and veggies goal.

eggplant butternut squash risotto 022

And now for some exciting news…

Fitness Magazine Blog Awards Nomination

Peanut Butter Fingers is nominated for a Fitness Magazine Blog Award in the Healthy Eating category!

awards

To say I’m excited and flattered would be an understatement.

I’m not sure who nominated my blog, but I am so grateful and thank you very much! You guys really are the best and I am constantly in awe of your support and kindness.

fitness magazine blog awards

If you’d like to vote for PBF, you can simply click here.

There are a lot of other amazing blogs nominated, so definitely check them out! Also, the awards contain a bunch of different blog categories so if you’re in the market for a certain kind of healthy-living blog (running, weight loss, inspiration, etc.), browsing the nominees is a great way to discover some fun blogs in different niches. I love so many of them!

And now it’s time to bust out an article for a new freelance client. Writing for a new client always makes me a little nervous because I never know exactly what they want, so I’m hoping it goes well!

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Comments

This is great! I got engaged last week so I’m trying to kick my workouts into high gear. This will probably be my workout tonight :)

also, congratulations on the nomination! I love that magazine. You definitely deserve it.

2. Jen says

Voted!! Congratulations on your nomination – routing for your win from NYC! :-)

Also, scared to try this 50 min treadmill workout tonight but your tips and posts have revamped my increasingly boring gym routines, thanks a mil!!

3. Haley says

AH! Congrats!! Your blog is definitely my favorite! I have it bookmarked on my phone so I can read it whenever I am waiting in long lines, between microwaving english muffin sammies, or doing leg presses at the gym!! I tried voting but I do not subscribe to Fitness magazine! Can you vote without being a subscriber?

4. Cheryl says

Hi Julie! I’m new to the blogging world and haven’t been reading yours that long but am already addicted!

Congrats on the nomination! You got my vote!

5. Jacqueline says

Wow! What a great workout! I tried it today after reading about it on your blog post. I only did 15-minutes due to time constraints and I was sweatin’ it! I can’t imagine doing the 50-minute workout! Thanks for sharing!! :-)

6. Kristen Johnson says

I nominated for the award you several weeks ago!!! (I’m sure tons of other people did, too, and you totally deserve it!) I’m glad you made it through! PB Fingers is my favorite healthy living blog and I read it all the time :)

Recently I’ve seen a ton of your pictures and workouts appearing on Pinterest and it makes me so happy (in a cheesy way!) that you’re getting that recognition!

Congrats on everything!!

7. Erin says

hey julie! first, love love love your blog! i am so glad i found it. you’re a great writer and your life is so entertaining to read about :-) question: where do you create those workouts, the ones that say pbfingers.com at the bottom usually? just curious. thanks!

8. Amber says

OMG, I’m so glad I’m not the only one who eats their zoogy (runny) eggs on english muffin with Jelly! I also have a tiny bit of ketchup too! :)

9. Alex says

heeey love the look of your workout! I was just wondering whether the treadmill speeds are mph or kmh? my treadmill’s kmh and since I live in the UK I often have to convert the US workouts into this, is this the case for this one as well??