Yesterday was a little sub-par on the fruits and veggies consumption front and today I awoke determined to cram five servings in over the course of the day.
I made a pretty solid dent in my goal at lunchtime today and loved the fresh punch of flavor from the nutritious produce.
Salmon salad served as the highlight of my meal.
To make the salad I combined:
- Light Miracle Whip
- Chopped cucumber
- Chopped carrot
- Chopped tomato
Sides included roasted green beans and a nectarine.
And a cup of my favorite pomegranate green tea!
After lunch I immediately started thinking about dinner ideas. I have three different meals in mind, but am leaning toward something rather appropriate for the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick’s Day.
Spring 2012 Workout Playlist
As I worked through the morning, I also took some time to download a few new songs to update my workout playlist.
Since boot camp has me doing longer-than-usual cardio sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am counting on this playlist to pump me up and help me power through some kick-butt treadmill workouts.
Since I am always on the lookout for new music to add to my iPod, I figured you guys might want a sneak peak at my new playlist:
- Fun. – We Are Young
- Carly Rae Jaspen – Call Me Maybe (<—Totally reminds me of a song Robyn from the ‘90s would sing)
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Fine Young Cannibals – She Drives Me Crazy
- Nero – Promises
- Gossip – Heavy Cross (<—Song from the Dior commercial with Charlize Theron)
- Glee Cast – Rumor Has It/Someone Like You
- Fun. – Some Nights
- Michael Jackson – Dirty Diana
- Glee Cast – America
- Whitney Houston – How Will I Know
- David Guetta & Chris Willis – Gettin’ Over You
- Calvin Harris – Feel So Close
- Andy Grammer – Fine By Me
Past workout playlists that have popped up on the blog include:
- Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
- Rockin’ Playlist
- Disney Playlist
- ’90s Playlist
- Run, Run, Run Playlist
- Spring 2011 Playlist
- Summer 2011 Playlist
Question of the Afternoon
- What is your current favorite pump-it-up song that energizes you during a workout?