Spring 2012 Workout Playlist

Yesterday was a little sub-par on the fruits and veggies consumption front and today I awoke determined to cram five servings in over the course of the day.

I made a pretty solid dent in my goal at lunchtime today and loved the fresh punch of flavor from the nutritious produce.

salmon salad 007

Salmon salad served as the highlight of my meal.

To make the salad I combined:

• Salmon
  • Mustard
  • Relish
  • Light Miracle Whip
  • Chopped cucumber
  • Chopped carrot
  • Chopped tomato

salmon salad 016

Sides included roasted green beans and a nectarine. salmon salad 009

And a cup of my favorite pomegranate green tea!

salmon salad 017

After lunch I immediately started thinking about dinner ideas. I have three different meals in mind, but am leaning toward something rather appropriate for the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick’s Day.

Mmm!

Spring 2012 Workout Playlist

As I worked through the morning, I also took some time to download a few new songs to update my workout playlist.

Since boot camp has me doing longer-than-usual cardio sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am counting on this playlist to pump me up and help me power through some kick-butt treadmill workouts.

Since I am always on the lookout for new music to add to my iPod, I figured you guys might want a sneak peak at my new playlist:

Past workout playlists that have popped up on the blog include:

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your current favorite pump-it-up song that energizes you during a workout?

Comments

LOVE your playlist…it was like looking at my own! My go to workout song is Fighter by Christina Aguilera. It’s been on my list for over 5 years now and it STILL pumps me up!

2. Sarah says

The Glee cover of We Are Young is good too.

I love Gotye’s “Somebody that I Used to Know” – as well as the Pentatonix cover of it.

3. Kristen says

You HAVE to check out Robyn’s recent stuff, too! it’s awesome to run to, especially “Call Your Girlfriend” and “Dancin’ on my Own.” Plus, Scissor Sisters have some pretty rockin jams, too like ‘Take Your Mama!”

If you like Fun, you should check out the lead singer’s earlier band–The Format. So amazing, especially the “Dog Problems” album. Also check out Fun’s first album–“Be Calm” is my favorite!

5. Taylor says

Love this playlist! We not only have similar food preferences (who doesn’t love PB, and that salmon mixture looked really yummy) but pretty much the same taste in music, too! Some Nights by Fun. is also a great song I’ve recently discovered :)

6. Katie says

I’m so excited to discover your playlists! Need to seriously revamp my music for running! Silly question…where do you get your music? Do you download for Itunes or…..?
    thanks for sharing!!