Spring 2012 Workout Playlist

Yesterday was a little sub-par on the fruits and veggies consumption front and today I awoke determined to cram five servings in over the course of the day.

I made a pretty solid dent in my goal at lunchtime today and loved the fresh punch of flavor from the nutritious produce.

salmon salad 007

Salmon salad served as the highlight of my meal.

To make the salad I combined:

• Salmon
  • Mustard
  • Relish
  • Light Miracle Whip
  • Chopped cucumber
  • Chopped carrot
  • Chopped tomato

salmon salad 016

Sides included roasted green beans and a nectarine. salmon salad 009

And a cup of my favorite pomegranate green tea!

salmon salad 017

After lunch I immediately started thinking about dinner ideas. I have three different meals in mind, but am leaning toward something rather appropriate for the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick’s Day.

Mmm!

Spring 2012 Workout Playlist

As I worked through the morning, I also took some time to download a few new songs to update my workout playlist.

Since boot camp has me doing longer-than-usual cardio sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am counting on this playlist to pump me up and help me power through some kick-butt treadmill workouts.

Since I am always on the lookout for new music to add to my iPod, I figured you guys might want a sneak peak at my new playlist:

Past workout playlists that have popped up on the blog include:

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your current favorite pump-it-up song that energizes you during a workout?

Comments

I loooove We Are Young, and Valerie will ALWAYS be on my workout playlists! Did you see the version Santana from Glee did? So so good! I had to laugh about the Robyn reference… remember Show Me Love? 😛 Oooh to be a teen again!

I love listening to Girl Talk’s album “All Day” when I run on the treadmill – it really gives me tons of energy. One of my current favorite songs on my workout playlist is “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence & The Machine. A good playlist can make a HUGE difference!!

3. Anne @strawberryjampackedlife says

I have yet to get tired of “You Can’t Stop the Beat” from Hairspray. I played it twice in the last mile of my half marathon, and it’s my go to song for the final push at the end. I may look like a fool jamming out to it, but it totally pumps me up!

(Now I’m thinking of Hans and Frans from SNL.)

4. Emily says

Loved Robyn when I was younger… wasn’t she at the Grammy’s??? If I remember correctly she was wearing a pretty ridiculous outfit, but it was exciting to see her nonetheless!

We fly out for Florida on Wednesday – we’re going to West Palm Beach for a wedding. Have you ever been there? If so, your recommendations on fun things to do/see/eat would be great! And yes… we are going to a few Cardinals games since it’s Spring Traning. I’m a CUBS fan, but baseball is baseball! Woop!

PS- my new fav is “We Found Love” by Rhianna… love the beat! 😀

I love this!! I really need some new music. Thanks for sharing! Right now my favorite song is Wild Ones by Flo Rida feat Sia. I’m also digging Drunk on You by Luke Bryan (I like a weird mix!)

6. Amanda says

I have a few favorites for running right now:

– Lonely Boy by The Black Keys
    – Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
    – Part of Me by Katy Perry
    – Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars
    – Domino by Jessie J

I alwaysss love Valerie! Especially the Glee version!

7. Sarah says

Current faves:

-“Starships” by Nicki Minaj
    -I second the vote for “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
    -“Sexy and I Know It” by LMFAO (hard to beat a song about being sexy because of working out)
    -“Bad Girls” by MIA

MJ’s “Black and White” is up there for me – I see you have a little Michael on your playlist too!

Also, the YouTube video for “Call Me Maybe” with the Disney stars/teeny boppers is actually hysterical. My roomie and I have been playing it on loop for days

9. Molly says

Wild Heart-Sabi
    You Gonna Fly- Keith Urban
    Midnight City-M83
    Princess of China-Coldplay and Rihanna
    Ass Back Home-Gym Class Heros
    Hit the Lights-Selena Gomez & The Scene
    Walk-Foo Fighters
    Ships in the Night-Mat Kearney
    Glad You Came-The Wanted

I’m kind of mad that I have never considered making a salmon salad in the style of tuna salad. I always have canned salmon on hand, too… seriously, what a great idea!
    I love rocking out to 90s rock more than anything. I throw in a bunch of classic grunge songs for my spin classes- Foo Fighters are my fave!

11. Brittney says

You just made me ridiculously excited that Call Me Maybe is on that list! I literally found the song on Saturday night and I have been completely obsessed with it ever since! Another upbeat song I’m really loving right now is I Like It Like That by Hot Chelle Rae. So fun! Reminds me of summer, driving with the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs with my best friend!

So happy that someone else works out to Dirty Diana! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been busted having a treadmill dance party to that song!

I’m a huuuuge We Are Young fan! I play it on repeat at the office – I’m glad my cubicle neighbours sing along too 🙂 and I’m glad someone else that is an adult can appreciate the Carly Rae Jepsen song – I feel about fifteen years old when I sing along with it!

As annoying as I find Nicki Minaj …. my latest workout jam is her new single Starships. Girl’s got rhythm!

I love to see the playlists of other people to be inspired for my one! 🙂 I just updated mine yesterday with german rock songs, and those 3 – Maroon 5 – Moves like Jagger, LMFAO – Sexy and I know it, Christina Perri – A thousand years (I know it’s a slow song, but it still helped me during my run yesterday)

15. Meisha says

I love Run-Run-Run by Natasha Bedingfield. It always inspires me to get my butt in gear when Im starting to dwindle on my run.

That’s so funny, I just posted a new playlist myself a few days ago and we share many of the same songs! My faves now include Talk That Talk by Rihanna feat Jay-Z, Tonight (Neon Feather Remix) by Seether, and Power by Kanye West. Also, most of the songs on the new Chiddy Bang album have good beats for long marathon training runs 🙂

LOVE your playlist…it was like looking at my own! My go to workout song is Fighter by Christina Aguilera. It’s been on my list for over 5 years now and it STILL pumps me up!

18. Sarah says

The Glee cover of We Are Young is good too.

I love Gotye’s “Somebody that I Used to Know” – as well as the Pentatonix cover of it.

19. Kristen says

You HAVE to check out Robyn’s recent stuff, too! it’s awesome to run to, especially “Call Your Girlfriend” and “Dancin’ on my Own.” Plus, Scissor Sisters have some pretty rockin jams, too like ‘Take Your Mama!”

If you like Fun, you should check out the lead singer’s earlier band–The Format. So amazing, especially the “Dog Problems” album. Also check out Fun’s first album–“Be Calm” is my favorite!

21. Taylor says

Love this playlist! We not only have similar food preferences (who doesn’t love PB, and that salmon mixture looked really yummy) but pretty much the same taste in music, too! Some Nights by Fun. is also a great song I’ve recently discovered 🙂

22. Katie says

I’m so excited to discover your playlists! Need to seriously revamp my music for running! Silly question…where do you get your music? Do you download for Itunes or…..?
    thanks for sharing!!