Show Koi

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe I forgot to share this completely random picture with you guys yesterday.

Check out the car I spotted when I was driving around Ocala:

prize koi

Show koi!?

As in the fish?

koi

(Source)

You know I had to Google “show koi” when I got home. I had no idea that there are koi competitions, but my goodness, they exist. I even found one in Orlando!

Random, right?

I mean there are horse shows, dog shows and cat shows, so why not koi shows? I totally get it.

Ryan and I have talked about how Sadie would do in a dog show numerous times and I’m half tempted to enter her in some amateur one just for the laughs.

victory

I’m pretty sure Sadie wouldn’t even let the judge touch her. She is very loving toward people she knows (she’ll even whimper and pee for you!), but when she doesn’t know someone, she does the old bob and weave move so they can’t touch her until she’s ready.

Yep, we have a champion on our hands.

Workout

Today’s workout was hard. All around hard.

It began with a 20-minute treadmill workout that made my chest feel like it might explode.

20 minute treadmill workout

There is nothing easy about this workout. It is quick and dirty!

My chest was tight and I struggled through it, but it felt awesome when I reached minute 16 and felt like I really challenged myself in such a short timeframe. If I ever only have 20 minutes to workout and want to sneak in a quality, butt-kickin’ workout, I’m doing this one!

After my time on the treadmill, I completed a strength workout and called it a day. Not a bad way to kick off a holiday weekend!

Ryan and I are off to St. Pete this afternoon where we’ll be spending the weekend between St. Pete and Sarasota with our families for Easter. This afternoon we’re going to the Tampa Bay Ray’s season opener with my parents. The Rays are playing the Yankees, so it should be a fun time!

Breakfast was nice and fast since I wanted to eat it at the computer while blogging away so we can pack and get on the road as soon as possible.

egg bagel sandwich 001

Two Fried Eggs + Muenster Cheese + Jelly + Toasted Bagel

egg bagel sandwich 005

A classic around here. Smile

Served with a cup of coffee!

coffee mug

See ya in a bit!

Comments

Sounds like a fun weekend, travel safely! And show koi?? Haha that sounds like a boring show to me… Oh and that reminds me, I saw a girl walking a vizsla the other day and he was going crazy with a stick! Haha it made me think of sadie and all her energy!

Rays vs Yankees! Love it! But I am a Yankee fan. My boyfriend and were going to get tickets for today’s game also, but we couldn’t get off work. We are looking at tickets for the game on Easter Sunday!! I hope you all have a great time and enjoy some baseball food too!!

I always like checking out the random bumper stickers and vanity plates on cars. Some of them make me laugh pretty hard. I saw a bright purple jetta with tags that read “SOSEXY”. Seriously? haha

I’ve been around koi for years since my dad built a pond in the backyard of the house I grew up in….buttttt out of all that came in and out they never did any kind of tricks.

I thought it was amazing how big they got, but that’s pretty much it.

SO random! 😉 Great workout & Happy Easter!

5. Caroline @ After Dinner Dance says

Ah I’m jealous you’re going to the game! One of my good family friends pitches for the Rays so I’m a die hard fan! Have fun!

I guess a lot of people bought breakfast today on their way to work. The smell (and now sight) of eggs makes me really really really want some. Too bad I already had my protein oats!

Haha I can’t even imagine a Koi competition! My parents had koi fish in their pond :) cute to look at for a couple on mins but that’s about it!
    Love the treadmill workout. I will have to give it a try.

I bet Sadie would do well in an agility show. I don’t know how smart she is, but if you could train her to do jumps and run through those poles and stuff, she could be a champion.

• says

I agree! Sadie has the stamina and athleticism for agility! Since she’s spayed, you couldn’t show her in the type of shows you’re thinking of anyway, where dogs are judged on their conformation. But she’d be perfect for agility, maybe even flyball!

Haha, when I first read that sticker I thought it was just a way of saying “show car” but with an Ocala accent. (Not that I know if there is an Ocala accent but I just never would have thought it was the fish!)

Clearly I need some coffee…

Great workout Julie! I hear ya on that awesome feeling. I LOVE it when I finish some hard intervals and I’m gasping for air but getting my breath back at the same time – I just feel so…. amazing? alive? Gah I don’t know how to describe it but you probably know what I mean! have a safe drive this afternoon and a lovely Easter with the fam!

People are serious about their koi! My mom thought someone was stealing their koi out of their backyard pond and called the police. A country boy cop came over and told my mom it was most likely a racoon. Haha! We still haven’t let her live that down!

Ginger is the exact same way. Yesterday on a walk a random man came up to us in our neighborhood to pet her and she bobbed and weaved through my legs and jumped up on me instead looking for “approval” or support or something. I felt like a mom encouraging her kid that it would be alright. haha

Hahah.. I don’t think that it would be all that exciting to see a koi show- just a guess.. My dogs in a dog show- well Sammy would probably bite the judge if he was being poked and prodded and Hydro would just lick them to death and whip them with his tail..

Funny story: my mom had to house sit for a family with a koi pond. It got too hot (Las Cruces, NM is sorta like Phoenix) and they all died. She felt so so so bad! Silly giant goldfish!

Omigosh, there is such a thing as Show Koi??? How bizarre!! Do you think they just judge them on what they look like (they aren’t very pretty) or can they be trained? Haha so confused! Sounds like you have a fun Easter weekend ahead though- have a great time!!

Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned! Enjoy your Easter! Hm show koi, that is a very weird kind of show, that sounds like it may be a little boring to me, but whatever floats your boat!

17. Emily D. says

Just tried this treadmill workout! Holy crap! I was counting down the seconds until I could turn the incline down and start running during the first 4 minutes! Incline walking is no joke!!