Pottery Painting

It’s kind of crazy how sleeping in until 6:30 a.m. can feel so much different than waking up to a blaring alarm at 5 a.m.

I opted to stay curled up in bed for an extra hour and a half this morning and skipped my usual workout. I am hoping to head out to a hot power yoga class at lunchtime today instead.

After purchasing a package of five yoga classes, I’ve only used one and I want to make sure to use all of them before the package expires. Not wasting the money I spent is a great motivator to get my booty to yoga, that’s for sure!

Breakfast this morning was a hot one.

egg bagel sandwich

A hot two-egg, cheese and jelly bagelwich and a hot cup of coffee!

anthropologie initial mug

breakfast bagel sandwich

Fun fact: Ryan actually painted the above plate himself on a date we went on to a pottery painting studio in college. Yes, I planned that date and he was quite a trooper!

pottery painting 021

He also painted the fun pink mug that currently holds all of the pens and pencils on my desk in our home office.

pottery painting 026

It says “Lil’ Squirt” which is one of his nicknames for me. We have about a million nicknames for each other that have accumulated throughout the years and we can’t even remember how half of them originated anymore!

Question of the Morning

• What is the strangest nickname you’ve given to someone or that someone has given to you?

One of the nicknames I hear most frequently is “Juju” from my dad. I honestly can’t remember the last time I heard my dad call me Julie!

Comments

Hehe, how nice of Ryan to stick through it! 😀 My “now-husband” has always wanted to go with me too! Also, lil squirt is such a cute nickname, lol! Errr we sometimes call each other mr. mrs. poopoohead, not sure why! 😛

I had a couple of friends in high school that one day sophomore year decided to call me B-Dawg, so for the rest of high school that was my name to them haha. it makes me sound about 203498230498 times more gangster than I actually am 😛

My brother named me Pigeon/Pidge as I’m short and busty and like to hang around the house.

People at work call me Momma as I’m mothering in nature!

One of my nicknames is Whitler as in Hitler which is HORRIBLE! I’v actually set up 2 of my friends with my husband’s friends (one couple got married and one is engaged) and there was a 3rd couple I was trying to bring together and I can’t remember who it was but one of my friends said I was being like Hitler and trying to create my perfect society/world. It was funny at the time but now the name has stuck. Totally awkward to be out in public and have to respond to Whitler.

5. Christine M. says

My family still calls me “Bean,” as Christine was somehow mangled into “Crisp Bean.” Other variations were “Chrideen,” “Crispy,” and “Chrispalina.”

My ex had a wise arsenal of names for me, including “Snugglesaurus” and “Napadactyl” (depending on my couch behavior.) We also threw around the term of endearment “Stink Butt.” Yeah, that’s over!

6. Julie says

I’m a Julie too and my cousins call me “juju,” friends in high school just called me “ju” half the time and an old boyfriend always called me “jujubee!” Today, I get called Jules the most…have to admit I like juju and jujube the best though! So cute your dad called you juju too. 🙂

7. Angela says

My grandpa has called me “Mangy” (in place of the usual “Angie”) for as long as I can remember. However, being called an infectious skin disease for the entirety of my life has not been too damaging to my self esteem!

8. chelsea says

As long as I can remember my dad has always and still calls me “bubby” no, its not pronounced like boobie…its more like “buh-bee” I’m 22 and he still calls me that, its kinda strange but I do love it 🙂

My wonderful and loving friends call me Anus!! nice huh! It originated because of my name – Jane became janus which rhymed with anus and there you have it 🙂

You’ve got me craving an egg and jelly sandwich!

My friends have given me the name Strudel, because my last name is Trudel. I wonder if my parents planned silly nickname out when they named me…