20 Minute Elliptical Hill Workout

Last night a dinner post just wasn’t happening. I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon writing blog posts that will debut when I’m cruisin’ this weekend and didn’t have another one in me. I’m pretty sure writing six blog posts in one day is my max! I just want to make sure PBF is alive and kickin’ while I’m downing mojitos like it’s my job away.

Today is a new day and my writing mojo is back!

Let’s hope it lasts throughout the day because I need to tie up a few loose ends on some projects.

Vacation count down is ON!

20 Minute Elliptical Hill Workout

Good news for my fellow elliptical fans! I have another challenging elliptical workout for you today.

I began my workout this morning with this 20-minute doozy:

elliptical workout

I’m calling it a “20 Minute Elliptical Hill Workout” because nearly the whole time I felt like I was slowly trying to get to the top of some crazy-steep hill. It was a great way to warm up my body and start sweating right off the bat.

I rounded out my workout with some strength training.

Breakfast was enjoyed in front of the computer to the tune of “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba thanks to my ‘90s station on Pandora.

tubthumping

You better believe that song got an enthusiastic thumbs up from this girl.

pandora thumbs up

I actually have a funny story about that ‘90s classic…

When I reached out to my mother-in-law about what song she wanted to select for the mother/son dance song at our wedding, she asked for a little guidance. I said, “What song makes you think of Ryan whenever you hear it?”

Her reply?

“That song that goes, ‘I get knocked down, but I get up again, you’re never gonna keep me down!’”

Yep. Tubthumping.

Apparently Ryan was quite a Chumbawamba fan back in the day.

I laughed pretty hard and told her that they could dance to whatever song they wanted, but usually a slower song with more emotional lyrics is chosen for the mother/son dance. I was really tempted to fade out the slow song they inevitably chose and fade in Tubthumping just to see her reaction!

mother son dance

Back to breakfast!

egg sandwich 006-001

Another egg sandwich!

Two fried eggs + Strawberry jelly + Muenster cheese + Toasted whole wheat English muffin

egg sandwich 008-001

And a hot mug of coffee for a burst of caffeine.

anthropologie initial mug

Have a great Tuesday!

Comments

Oh looks like a tough workout! The thought of a cruise right now sounds amazing :) What a great way to celebrate your birthday.
    haha I used to love that song. They played it constantly in England.

Wow, of all songs for her to remember … I’m sure Ryan is pretty embarrassed about his song choice right now haha. ;) Of course, I can’t talk … my mom probably would have said a Backstreet Boys song, if you asked her the same question hahaha! ;)

Ahahahah good stuff.
    Is it sad that I’m more excited about planning the music for my (eventual, way far in the future, hypothetical-if I can ever find someone I want to annoy until we die) wedding than the other venue/decor aspects?

Haha that’s too funny!! It’s a great song, but prob not the best for a wedding dance ;). I totally want to do a fun song mixed with a slow song for my first dance with Chris…that would be awesome! I’m so jealous of your cruise! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

I haven’t thought about that song for awhile. Brings back memories. I don’t eat them too often, but I love egg sandwiches– add a little pickle, mustard, and I’m good. I’m sure the jelly is good on it, but just doesn’t seem appealing to me.

6. Alyssa says

Okay, so this is totally random and off subject, but how exactly do you go about making your eggs for your morning sandwiches?! i’m trying to perfect a “pb fingers” inspired breakfast sammy over here! hahaha

7. Becky Przy says

I totally forgot about this song! I am downloading this for my marathon this weekend. I was having troubles finding more songs, this will fit the bill perfectly! Thanks!

I absolutely love 90s pop music. Its the best! I mentioned yesterday that my husband and I went to the bahamas last year. This year we are going to Cozumel for our wedding anniversary and Im counting down the day as well! 21! Whoo hoo. I cant wait to see your pics from the bahamas. I would like to go back someday.

I know I am a little late, but I didn’t get a chance to write about what you make in your new food processor. I am linking to Chocolate Covered Katie’s breakfast cereals. They are delicious and so easy to make in the food processor!! Let me know if you try them–enjoy! :)

10. Meghan says

I was planning on doing your 20 minute elliptical interval workout today, but I think I’ll mix things up and try this hill workout instead! Thanks!

I’m also a 90’s kid at heart, and loved Tubthumpin back in the day! Me and my brother actually made up a dance to it, which basically involved falling down and getting back up again. Real creative! Haha

ahhh my husbands dance with his mom ended up being one of the most awkward parts of the whole wedding. The DJ did NOT catch a hint that it was time to fade it out, and they danced to Elton John for what felt like 5 hours. At least it’s something to laugh at now :)

Hey Julie! I just recently discovered your blog and have to say I absolutely love it…so much so that I have creepily gone through all your old posts :S lol. I love your sense of humour and outlook on life. Thanks for this blog!

“Drink some whisky drink, drink some blabla drink”…that’s what I used to say when I was a kid ;-)

I think I also said, “Primpin’ the night away…” The little fashionista in me arrived at a young age haha!

14. Kim says

I think tomorrow might be the day I try jelly on my egg sandwich! I’ve had some strange cravings lately and the usual egg sandwich is a bit blah. Will this work with Colby Jack?? Hopefully!!

15. Megan says

This morning I was looking back through your recent blog post because I was looking for this awesome elliptical workout,. Imagine my surprise when I discover the mental trap embedded with this post. Not even 9am and I have already gone through what seems like 1000 chorus’s of ‘Tubthumpin’ in my head. Guess what I’m rockin out to on my way to class :)

16. Erin says

Totally random but i have been meaning to ask you this question. Do you ever get nervous from all the weights that you do, that you’ll get bulky?

Thanks,
    Erin

17. Claire Chappell says

Morning Julie! For this elliptical hill workout, what resistance did you do? I did the 20 min elliptical workout that switches between resistance 11 and 15 last week and it was great, definitely challenged me on the elliptical and kept it interesting! Thanks so much!