Whiteboard Inspiration

As I headed to the gym this morning, I was feeling less than motivated. Four days off from any exercise coupled with the typical post-vacation blues left me feeling rather lethargic as I hopped on the elliptical for a 20 minute warm up.

When I went into the weight room after my cardio time, I spotted the whiteboard at my gym and instantly felt inspired!

whiteboard workout

My gym updates a small whiteboard with functional training workouts once a week and I used today’s workout to get me started.

In the end I changed things up a bit and completed the following workout two times through:

circuit workout total body

I never heard of “Running Lunges” before and followed the instructions on the whiteboard when it came to tackling that particular exercise.

It basically said to hold yourself in a lunge position and work your arms with dumbbells in hand like you are running. It was kind of funky, but I felt my whole body working. My legs burned and I felt my core working to stabilize my body as I quickly moved my arms.

Gosh, it felt goo to get back in the gym and sweat it out!

After days and days of eggs for breakfast, overnight oats were welcomed back with open arms.

overnight oats strawberry banana

I made a batch of the oats last night and topped them with a sliced banana and three sliced strawberries this morning.

strawberry banana overnight oats

banana strawberry oatmeal

My beverage of choice was a special treat!

ginger pear tea forte

After trying and loving Tea Forte teas with Ryan’s family over Easter, my mother-in-law and her boyfriend remembered my love for their fragrant tea and sent me two different kinds of the tea for my birthday along with a beautiful tea pot, cup and saucer.

tea forte 023

I had a hot cup of the white ginger pear tea this morning and felt rejuvenated. It smells heavenly and tastes light and refreshing. I think it would be great iced as well!

Time to get this day started! Hope your week is off to a good start!

Comments

That’s really nice that your gym has workouts up! I wish mine did. Sometimes having someone’s plan or someone to tell you what to do will motivate me even more than when I’m on my own feeling blah about working out. This looks like a good workout!

That tea sounds amazing. I had never heard of the company before you mentioned it. My gym does the same thing, everyday there is a new workout on the white board :) It’s great when I go with no plan. It saves me from just pacing around for an hour!

That workout looks awesome – I’m going to have to try it this week! I’ve never heard of running lunges, either, but now that you explain what they are, I can totally see how they would work everything (especially the core!)

It’s always so nice to get back to eating normally and working out after a weekend of over-indulgence!! I had a similar tough time at the gym last night getting motivated, but once I got going, it wasn’t bad!

Thank you so much for posting about overnight oats in your recipe section! I have never had overnight oats, and I am excited to try them!

Have you ever had oats in a jar? If so, have you found a combination that makes a good consistency? Thanks Julie!

I have wanted to try that brand of tea many many times, but haven’t yet. What a great birthday gift! Do you have a favorite flavor yet? Way to get back into the “swing of things” — it can be easy to put off after vacation!

What a cool idea for the gym to have some functional training up! Like Pinterest, but without the risk of getting too caught up in it to actually do the workout (that never happens…). :-)