Honey Goat Cheese Dip

Tonight’s dinner ended up being a bit of a bust.

Why?

Because I got full on fruit beforehand.

goat cheese honey dip 019

This afternoon I worked on a freelance piece about melons and had to take some pictures to send along with my article showcasing the fruit.

goat cheese honey dip 010

I used a melon baller to scoop out a watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew and ate so much fruit in the process that I was so stinkin’ full by the time I was done photographing my melon kebabs.

I think a lot of my fullness may also be attributed to eating tons of the dip that I made for with the kebabs.

goat cheese honey dip 003

The dip was incredibly easy and only required two ingredients!

goat cheese honey dip 026

Honey Goat Cheese Dip

Ingredients

• 4 ounces goat cheese
  • 3 tablespoons honey

Directions

1. Crumble goat cheese and top with honey
  2. Stir goat cheese and honey vigorously until a smooth dip forms
  3. Enjoy with your favorite fruit, pretzels, cinnamon sugar pita chips and more

About an hour after my normal dinner time, I felt like I should eat something again and used the remaining goat cheese and honey dip as a spread on top of a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

goat cheese honey dip 034goat cheese honey dip 037

Not exactly a typical meal, but there are worse things than eating bucketloads of fruit, goat cheese and honey for dinner!

I’m heading off to read some more of the June book club book! Anyone else started it yet? Thoughts?

Comments

Your fruit kebabs look so pretty! Those would be perfect for a big dinner or a party. I have definitely filled up on snacks and killed my appetite for dinner many times. You’re right – there are much worse things to snack on than fruit! And summer fruit is just too good to resist :)

Omg that dip looks amazing and the fruit looks so pretty!! Josh and I always buy honey goat cheese because of how good the sweetness tastes along with the tart. I really want to try making my own now, thanks so much!

3. dee says

Oh man, I wish you called it “goat cheese honey dip” instead of “honey goat cheese dip,” because I keep associating the honey and goat instead of the goat and cheese!! honey goat, cheese dip. Hahah :)

I’ve been listening to the book on tape and I find that I have been purposely finding things to do so I can listen to it as much as possible (while I workout, clean, etc.). I loved his first two books and this one is definitely not disappointing! I’ll probably be done within the week!

I’m only a few chapters into the book but so far it has had me laughing out loud a few times. The author is so brutally honest and funny. I especially like the way he describes his interactions with his skeptical wife. I guess that’s not the point of the book but it’s too soon for me to have any opinions about his research yet. :)

oh my goodness! honey goat cheese is the bomb-dot-com! my boyfriend refuses to eat that kind of cheese any other way, and it is SO addicting…thank goodness it is healthy ;)

7. Brooke says

I haven’t had a chance to start the new book because I just finished Insurgent!!! Soo good and so bummed the 3rd book doesnt come out till fall ’13! Did you read it yet?

I am known to fill up on fruit before AND after dinner! It can be good because then I won’t over eat, but bad because I’m too full to enjoy my dinner! We’ve got to find the happy medium!

PS: Are you going to the Healthy Living Summit this year?!

Your fruit kebabs are beautiful! I’m really intrigued by that dip though. I love goat cheese, but I’ve never thought of adding honey to it. I can’t quite imagine what it would taste like…I must experiment :)