National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

That sounds like a day worth celebrating, don’t you think?

Some of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes:

peanut butter energy cookies

oatmeal peanut butter banana cookies

peanut butter cookies i love you

Happy day! Smile

Workout

Today’s working unfortunately wasn’t fueled by peanut butter cookies, but maybe that’s a good thing as far as cramping up mid-workout is concerned.

My time at the gym began with 20 minutes of cardio split between the stair master and the treadmill.

Then it was time for a bicep and tricep workout!

Yesterday a reader commented that I probably shouldn’t say I’m “loosely following” the LiveFit program since I’m not adhering to the meal plan and am adding cardio and altering a few of the strength workouts. I completely agreed, so, taking her suggestion, I will say that today’s workout was merely inspired by LiveFit, since I added supersets and combined biceps and triceps, basically changing the workout entirely. (The workout was inspired by this workout and this workout from the LiveFit program.)

bicep tricep workout

Jello arms!

Today’s breakfast was another egg sandwich served on top of a toasted whole wheat English muffin with jelly and muenster cheese.

egg sandwich 025egg sandwich 031

Always a good one.

Question of the Morning

• What is your favorite peanut butter-based dessert?

I love peanut butter and chocolate mousse pie. Oh goodness.

Comments

Oh wow those egg meals look incredible. I must be hungry! I have just discovered the delights of peanut butter and greek yogurt, but those oatmel peanut butter cookies look like a must try.

I definitely checked out the link for the flourless pb cookies. Have you tried it using a stevia baking blend instead of sugar? I wonder how much that would change things… I will report back. 😉

3. Hannah says

Definitely a day worth celebrating! I have also made your cocoa oatmeal cookies with pb subbing for the oil (I think I added an extra tblsp of water for more moisture) and they were delicious.

OKAY so there is this new chocolate bar out from Cadbury that’s milk chocolate with peanut butter & crushed pretzel. Have you tried it? I think it would honestly be my hypothetical “last dinner” on death row hahah! It’s SO good. Second to that would be any kind of peanut butter/chocolate ice cream bar combo, like the ones from hagaan daaz!

I had this peanut butter chocolate cake (it was more like a peanut butter chocolate fudge or cheescake even) when I was in Florida in Smokey Bones? In the carpark of a Publix? Do you know it? It was amazing! 7 years ago but I remember! 🙂

I really like plain old classic peanut butter cookies. I am like that with all cookies though…I like the orginals with no frills. I don’t want banana or oats or chocolate in my peanut butter cookies….no healthyifying! ha! I definitely will celebrate national peanut butter cookie day today! Some of the national foods days I find amusing but not this one!! Watch out Tiffs Treats (the best cookie shop in Austin) I am coming for you today!

Honestly, mine is an old-y but a goody- when I was 5, my aunt came over for Christmas. She is a wonderful cook and baker and taught me how to make peanut butter cookies with a herseys kiss in the middle- she called them “Reindeer poopers”… cute name, right? They were delicious and I have yet to find a dessert as delicious. I’m a simple girl, so all those fancy restaurant desserts throw me for a loop… I prefer sticking with Reindeer poop. 😉

So many cool ‘holidays’ this month. First National Running Day, then National Chocolate Ice Cream Day and National Outdoors Day, and now it’s National Peanut Butter Cookie Day. Maybe I’ll just have to celebrate this one too.

I’m really interested in your work out regimen. In the past I’ve tried using supersets but I’m very educated in how to go about that but I want to start them up again. I know everyone says they give you faster results… is that true?

This falls on the day of my birthday awesome! I shall celebrate my birthday with national peanut butter cookie day! My favorite peanut butter based desert is a gluten free peanut butter chiffon pie from a gluten free bakery near my house. OMG ITS SO AMAZING! The peanut butter and chocolate combo is light and airy and very very peanut butter-y! That workout looks a similar workout I did yesterday! Have a great day 🙂

11. Laura says

I love love love flourless peanutbutter cookies and have NO willpower around them! Maybe I should make the energy bites instead, but I have never bough wheat germ before-would flax work instead?
    PS-your breakfast made me crave eggs so I picked some up at publix today!

I honestly don’ t know what my favorite it. Just the presence of peanut butter makes it better.

I love the energy bite recipe however! Never thought about using wheat germ like that!

13. Lisa says

Hi Julie! Every time you post pictures of your egg sandwiches on English muffins it makes me want one so bad! What brand of English muffins do you buy?!

I made those flourless peanut butter cookies immediately when you reminded me of that recipe! I didn’t have enough peanut butter, so I did 1/2 cup PB and 1/2 cup Nutella. These cookies are SO amazing! I think I might even like them more if I just do peanut butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe again! 🙂