Favorite Pandora Stations

Those of you with a bit of a sweet tooth like myself might be interested to know that the Desserts page was updated!

desserts

On this page you’ll find my favorite recipes for cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, muffins and other random sweet treats like dark chocolate avocado mousse. Enjoy!

Lunch

The internet guy came by this morning and while he was working away in our home office (we now have a brand spankin’ new modem), I thought ahead to lunchtime and prepped a bowl of not-so-overnight overnight oats.

overnight oats 003

We need to go to the grocery store today, but thankfully we had oats, chia seeds, almond milk, Greek yogurt and honey on hand, making overnight oats the perfect lunch for today.

overnight oats 006

I stirred everything together and let the chia seeds thicken the mixture for an hour or so until I dug into the bowl for lunch.

overnight oats 008overnight oats 009

Nothin’ fancy!

Favorite Pandora Stations

I first discovered Pandora, a free personalized online radio station, when I graduated from college and entered the working world. All it took was a week or so of spending long hours at a desk for me to recognize the need for uplifting music to help energize me and get me through the work day.

To this day, when I sit down to start my work day at the computer, Pandora is the first site I visit! (Thankfully I have no problem writing with music jamming in the background.)

Throughout the years, I’ve experimented with various Pandora stations, but there are a select few that seem to be my default Pandora stations.

pandora stations

I’ve blogged about my intense love of the Wicked station on Pandora before and it remains my favorite, but I’m a musical-lovin’ gal, so I know it’s not for everyone. It’s cheesy and completely fantastic at the same time.

For days when I’m feeling instrumental music, The Vitamin String Quartet station is fantastic. It’s upbeat and features instrumental versions of popular songs. The Fun. Station is a new one for me, but I’m really enjoying it a lot since it’s exposing me to some bands I’ve never heard of before.

Since I’m always on the lookout for new Pandora Stations that rock, please feel free to tell me about your favorite station in the comments section!

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your favorite Pandora station?

Comments

i love that you have glee cast and wicked on your favorites list because I have them as well! Along with Carrie Underwood, Creedance Clearwater, Today’s hits, ingrid michaelson and classic rock..just to name a few!

2. Nicole says

My favorite is my Lady Antebellum – country music isn’t for everyone, but this station is amazing! I am also a fan of Florence and the Machine/Mumford and Sons – great to do work to!

3. Sara @ The Foodie Diaries says

My favorite is Disney Pandora. It plays some of those oldies that you just LOVE and brings you back to when you were in elementary school. When I was studying for finals I would bust out with a random “OH I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO BE KIIIIIIING” every now and then. It also plays songs from the Wicked station as well as other musicals so you feel as if you get the best of both worlds!

4. Dee says

I like listening to the country pop or today’s country stations 🙂 haha, but I know it’s not for everyone..I also love wicked and gleeeeee.. Oh how I wish I could carry a tune!

I’ve got a Wicked station, too, and I found all kinds of musicals I’ve otherwise not been introduced to because of it. I also have a Charlotte Gainsbourg (French star of Jane Eyre, Anti-Christ, Melancholia, etc) station for soft, french pop music. Not sure why I adore it, but it’s very relaxing.

While I’ve listened to Pandora, I’m not sure why I haven’t actually chosen to use it on my own. It’s kind of weird. Anyway, the other day my roommate and I were going through our closets and she had on a great station. Turns out it was the Postal Service station. HIGHLY recommend! 🙂

7. Darrecia says

My Billy Currington and Travis Porter stations are my favorite. I think that pretty much describes my musical tastes, crazy hip-hop music and country lol

8. Laura says

Oh man, where do I start? I cannot get through work without Pandora! My favorites right now are the Smash Cast station, Another Night Station, and the Disney station is always fun!

Thank you for sharing your favorite stations!

Some of my favorite stations are:
    New Kids on the Block – it’s a good mix of 80s and 90s music
    Boyce Avenue – he’s one of my favorite cover artists and there is good mellow music here
    Frank Sinatra

10. Heather says

I can’t believe nobody has posted Michael Jackson. I love him and the variety that pandora plays is kick a$$. But I do love the 80s and 90s! Takes me back to middle/high school days.

Oooh I MUST try the O.A.R. station! Thank you 🙂 I actually love my Britney Spears station, Charlotte church, and Les Mis stations. I also want to try Carrie Underwood, and Norah Jones.

Oh I really like Enya too-it’s great for working!

In LOVE with the Glee Radio station.
    I also am slightly obsessed with the song, Drop It Low – by Chris Brown and Ester Dean. So I made myself a “Drop it Low” radio station that plays good music to workout to (although I’m trying out the Fit Radio app more these days).

In terms of stations I like to listen to in the morning to get my day started, I listen to “Colbie Caillat radio.” it’s a little upbeat, a little calming, a little perfect start to the day!

13. Lauren says

I WISH i could work with music on! I’m so jealous of everyone who can concentrate with music..I wind up just listening to the music and can’t focus on what I need to be reading/writing.

I have two default stations: my Passion Pit station for some indie style rock and my Love Song station (the Sara Bareilles song) for girl power/90s music. Love Pandora!

My favorites are my 90s music, Adele, and Bob Marley stations. 90s music is great for…well, just about anything! Adele I find I put on when I’m cooking for some reason (pairs well with a glass of wine while cooking also :-)) and Bob Marley is great for those afternoons with the kiddos when we’re out on the deck wishin’ for Daddy to get home and relieve me! 🙂

I’m a big fan of the workout stations – Dance Cardio and Pop Fitness in particular, although I’ve been known to tune into the Hard Rock Strength Training station when I’m in one of those moods 🙂 The Yoga station is also great for slowing my mind down when I need it. Pandora is definitely my favorite way to enjoy music!

Holy cow! Avocado mouse? Yum! My favorite pandora station is avicii for running. Such an upbeat station. For daily I like listening to young the giant radio

18. Blake says

I have two favorites that haven’t been mentioned so far: the Black Keys station (everything from them to Hendrix – basically all the best rock compiled into one) and the Postal Service station. I don’t even really like that band, but all of the other bands that come on are awesome and you get to hear lots of funky fresh vibes!

I love the Wicked station, along with the Lifehouse and Daughtry stations. It all depends on whether I’m at work, playing around on the internet or doing homework/studying.

I’ve done pretty well with my Vampire Weekend station as well as Dr. Dog and Mumford & Sons. I have to keep them in check by pressing thumbs down on a lot of songs, because Pandora can get a little carried away sometimes. I love holiday stations too! If you like instrumental, the Boston Pops holiday station is awesome for Christmas time.

I love my Glee and Adele stations when I’m working out or cooking, but I cannot listen to music with lyrics when I work. In that case, I usually listen to Baroque music—it surprisingly helps me get focused!

This station totally doesn’t apply to you – but my fiance and I never had “a song” .. so I am now trying to figure out what our First Dance song should be. Low and behold..there is a wedding song station! I listen to it when I am lying by the pool reading. A few songs have popped up as possibilities so far!

23. Linda says

My husband made me my own Pandora station, Forever Radio. It’s filled with songs that remind him of me. It’s totally sweet. It’s by far my favorite.

You should try the Spring Awakening station if you like the Wicked one. Same great musical numbers, but with a bit more variety. My favorite right now is She & Him radio. The music speaks to my inner hipster 😀

25. Betsy says

Feel free to laugh at me, but the Taylor Swift station has the perfect mix of music to dance around to when I’m cooking 🙂

I always listen to Sara Bareilles Pandora, it’s my fav! They play a great mix her music along with Ingrid Michaelson, Adele, and other fun stuff….and I’m not going to lie, I also love the Wicked Pandora station and listen to it more than I care to admit 🙂

27. Katie says

I like my MGMT channels. I’m familiar with their music (its kind of electronica) and there’s other bands I’ve never heard of. Some are misses but usually some good ones!

i love lady gaga radio for working out, and i love goo goo dolls radio or christian contemporary radio if i need something a little more upbeat, and i love colby caillet if i want some easy listening. pandora gets me through the day!

29. Roxana says

I have a lot of stations that I like but 2 that I listen more often than the rest: AC/DC for when I workout (aka when doing cardio), and Frank Sinatra for pretty much the rest of the time.

30. Megan says

I love variety, so my favorite station would have to be 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s! Not only is this station fun, but it also allows me to “pretend” to live throughout the decade of my choice for a brief period. Ray Charles is another good channel.

I also tend to gravitate towards Christian music on pandora; those stations are so calming and provide me a time to hear several new songs within the genre!

31. Jenny says

Right now I’m really on a Mika station kick. Before that it was Brett Dennen. My SIL turned me on to the Fun station a few months ago and its definitely a keeper 😉

I have to agree with Wicked, it’s one of my favorites. But I bounce back and forth between a lot of different stations depending on my mood. A few of my favorites are Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Owl City, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Maroon 5, Anberlin, and of course Glee. Quite a mix up.

I’m back on board with Pandora! For a while I really loved Grooveshark but I like how Pandora remembers what songs you like/dislike! When I’m trying to get stuff done, I always turn to the OneRepublic station!

34. Katie says

Dance Cardio! It is a great station to listen to while working out, it throws in some new songs as well as old songs, like “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer. It’s a fun mix to jam out to.

My favorite pandora station of all time is the Will Smith station. Hello, 90s flashback! I used to listen to it at work all day long and it made my day SO much better.

I have more than a bit of a sweet tooth…the update looks great! I had even recently looked at your desserts section and I don’t remember all of these.

Pandora I haven’t used. I was really into blip for awhile however. I will have to look into Pandora.

37. Brittany says

I love dippy eggs but I cannot figure out how to cook them without using grease or unhealthy stuff but I wanna make them more!!!! Could you possible give me some pointers? Thanks! I love your blog, been following for a good year now!!!

38. Martha says

Hi Julie,

Since you love the 90s, the best Pandora station EVER (I’ve literally never heard a bad song come on this station) is called “Return of the Mack” (the song by Mark Morrison)… so great. Enjoy!

So random, but one of my little brother’s sixteen-year-old friends introduced me to the Citizen Cope station on Pandora… I’d never heard of them/him (and clearly still don’t really know who they are, haha), but the station is full of happy, chill music like Dispatch, Kings of Leon, etc. I’m loving it lately!

40. Katie A says

Definitely Mumford & Sons – very chill music and it’s great to have on in the background while working in my opinion! Also exposes me to bands I wouldn’t have otherwise known about!

Meet Virginia and Avril Lavigne are two of my favorites. I just listened to them both today on a long car ride and they made it go by so much faster!

Pandora was the only thing that got me through this past year of college. My favorite station for studying would have to be my Harry Potter station! All instrumental music, mainly from the Harry Potter movies, but some film scores from others (Finding Nemo, Kung Fu Panda, etc.). I also love the Lady Danville station, they are a small band but have great music!!

43. Sarah says

I love the Pentatonix station! It’s lots of songs from the Sing-Off (all seasons), Glee, and other a cappella groups!

44. Julie says

I can’t lie…Thong Song radio is one of my faves. It plays N’SYNC, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls as well as Nelly. It reminds me of my childhood 🙂

Lately, I’ve been digging the Top Hits station to get my groove on in the gym in particular, and the Beatles station. I know….very different taste. But I loooove oldies!

Similar to your 90s radio, my go-to is Spice Girls Radio. It plays a nice mix of boy bands, one-hit-wonders, non-crazy Britney, and of course, some classic Spice Girls which I embarassingly still know all the words to. Although I didn’t realize until now how dirty the Spice Girls were. When you’re 10, “Come a little closer baby, get it on, get it on, cuz tonight is the night when 2 become 1” sounds like a romantic date song…

47. Dawn says

OK — I have to post… I recommend the Global Chill channel — light, but with an upbeat. Reminds me of traveling and sitting by a pool in the carribbean….

48. Amy says

I get frustrated with the audio ads on Pandora and recently started using Songza. I LOVE the music concierge, which matches a curated playlist with your mood – and NO audio ads. It’s also great for discovering new music.

My favorite radio station is one that I kind of created myself over a long period of time. I named it girly country. Think along the lines of The Band Perry, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert…I just thumbs down all the manly country songs…except for Luke Bryan. He’s always welcome 🙂

50. Angela says

Call me maybe radio. It’s not what you think it to be, it is just pure Awesome! You have to try it!

I sleep to the coldplay or michael buble station.

Hip Hop and Pop power workout station! It’s like your in an aerobics dance class the whole time you’re listening to it and great motivation for working out.

You can pick up basic equipment for very little or
    you can go for higher quality tackle and spend hundreds or thousands.

The 360 Series from Aqua-Vu is specifically designed with a rugged encasement for ice fishing.
    Yet sometimes a net is better to use because it usually doesn’t harm the fish and will most likely be easier for you to prepare the fish for later.

Toxicbot référence les meilleurs sites et les meilleures ressources du web trouvez les meilleures informations . Annuaire de sites web internet avec classement par popularité.
    Placez le lien retour toxicbot.com en bonne position sur votre page index