I called it after dinner yesterday.
A repeat of last night’s turkey bacon, spinach and tomato sandwich for lunch today!
It was simply too good not to eat again.
Piloxing and the Ideal Group Exercise Instructor
Before lunch today, I headed to the gym to take a Piloxing class. I’ve taken Piloxing one other time at my gym and had a blast, so I was excited to try it with a new instructor today.
The instructor who taught today’s class also teaches the TRX class I’m currently loving, so I had a good feeling about her going into the class. She definitely didn’t disappoint! Today’s class was significantly more challenging than the first one I took and featured more cardio and boxing than Pilates which left me nice and sweaty!
My experience in today’s class reminded me yet again just how different the same exercise class can be with a different instructor.
At our old gym in Orlando, I had a handful of instructors whose classes I always looked forward to because I loved their enthusiasm and the way they pushed me out of my comfort zone.
These are the traits I look for in a quality group exercise instructor:
- Energetic (but doesn’t try to get class participants to hoot and holler by saying things like, “Are you feelin’ it… C’mon, I can’t hear you!?!)
- Does the majority of the workout with you
- Selects motivating music with a great beat
- Does the workout at the hardest level, but shows modifications in case class participants need to take it down a notch
- Educated and shares their fitness knowledge (describes what muscles you’re working, etc.)
- Starts and ends classes on time
What do you think?
Question of the Afternoon
- Describe your ideal group exercise instructor!