The highlight of my day today was an early afternoon massage.
I purchased a Groupon a while back for a deep tissue massage and noticed it was about to expire earlier this week, so I scheduled an 11 a.m. massage for today. (Please tell me I’m not the only one who waits until the last minute to use their Groupons.)
I have a new idea for you business owners out there: Periodically schedule massages for your employees. I was crazy-productive this morning knowing that I had an awesome “reward” waiting for me. Anyone want to come work at la casa de PBF in exchange for a biweekly massage? My intern isn’t really pullin’ her weight and I’m in the market for a replacement.
Today’s massage was just lovely and rather unique for me in that it was the first silent massage I’ve had in my life. Usually the masseuse and I chat it up, but today’s massage was very quiet.
The lack of conversation gave me ample time to relax and think… which naturally meant weird thoughts crept into my mind, such as the following:
- Thank goodness there isn’t a video camera underneath this little head hole pillow thing. This open-mouth look is fox-aaay.
- I really wish there was an un-creepy way for me to ask the masseuse to massage my hips.
- Must. Not. Drool.
- If I were a masseuse I’d love to randomly throw in “The Thong Song” in between the instrumental music just to see if I’d get a reaction.
After my massage, I headed home and made myself a smoothie for lunch. The masseuse told me to drink lots of water, so I figured I’d be an overachiever and drink my lunch, too. Extra credit!
The smoothie was great and very filling. I had a hard time finishing it!
Into the blender went:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 spoonful dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 large spoonful peanut butter
- Enough milk to get everything moving
- 1 packet instant decaf coffee
- 2 large handfuls spinach
Off to get more work done before a conference call this afternoon!