10 to 6 Workout

Oh my gosh, do I have a workout to share with you guys today!

Check it ooout!

10 to 6 workout

I was a sweaty mess by the time I finished this workout today.

I used a 50-pound bar for the squats, a 40-pound bar for the lunges and a 25-pound kettlebell for the kettlebell swings, but If you’re looking for an At Home Workout, you could easily use your bodyweight for the squats and lunges and substitute something like high knees for the kettlebell swings. That would make this workout a living room friendly circuit that requires no equipment!

I got the idea for the decreasing reps in this workout from a workout that I pinned earlier this week on Pinterest from Annica Nicole. She’s way more hardcore than I am and her workout decreased reps from 10 all the way to one. Annica’s workout also involved more core exercises, so I changed it up to incorporate more cardio and total-body exercises, but decreased the overall reps. Annica is legit!

Breakfast this morning hit the spot.

scrambled eggs with hummus 001

Hummus scrambled eggs with broccoli and yellow squash + Sweet wheat Alternative bagel + Gouda cheese

scrambled eggs with hummus 007

This breakfast is sitting like a rock in my stomach. I ate it as I clicked through my inbox this morning and think I kept eating past my normal point of fullness. Voluminous veggies are filling! I guess that’s why you’re not supposed to eat with any distractions, right?

When it comes to eating with distractions, I eat breakfast, lunch and my morning and afternoon snacks in front of the computer nearly every day. It’s only at dinnertime that I will sit at the table and eat distraction-free.

Question of the Morning

• Do you eat in front of the computer or television or are you a distraction-free eater?

Comments

Almost everyday I eat breakfast in front of the computer. I also, check Facebook, emails, twitter etc at that time and then I get ready for work or the day. It’s usually dinner time that I’m not on some sort of electronic device!

How do you get the “pin it” button under your pics?

Thank you!

This is AWESOME. I wanted to get a quick workout in today before going out to dinner tonight for a friend’s birthday and now I’ll do this at home so I won’t have to worry about making the haul to the gym! :)

I always eat with at least one distraction. It reminds me to slow down and fully chew each bite. It has really helped with my digestion. And I pay attention to how hungry I am. I dish everything out, even if I’m having chips. I just eat what I’ve been served and don’t feel like I need to just keep eating because the bag is in front of me.

4. Kasey says

Omg I totally did your circuit this morning after my run!! It was amazing to be outside and strength train :). Also, I’ve been wanting to ask for awhile, what is your skincare routine? You have amazing skin!!

I love countdown workouts. I’m going to have to checkout her workouts now. I’ve posted a few 10 – 1 rep workouts before on my blog. They seem to go by way faster and don’t feel so overwhelming at the start of the workout because the most you do at one time in 10. They are so fun in an odd way. I definitely eat while distracted. I’m either watching TV or on my computer, then I get mad because my keyboard gets crumbs on it sometimes. Not good for the computer.

6. Bailey says

Julie,
    For the planks, is holding it for 30 seconds considered one rep? and you do that ten time before moving on to the next exercise? Or do you just do one plank and then move on?

I have been trying to eat mindfully and generally (now) always eat breakfast computer free. I try for lunch and snacks but it very rarely happens. Dinner is usually at the table nowadays but sometimes in front of the tv.

8. Hannah says

Thanks for the workout! I tried it out this morning and was a fan. This may be a stupid question but am I supposed to do ten, nine, eight sets of 30 second planks or just 30 seconds each round? I wasn’t sure

I try not to eat in front of the TV or computer. I used to all the time but lately I’ve been doing my best to avoid it so that I can not only enjoy my food more but realize when I’m full & eat less!

Wow! I just did the workout – with AC and a fan – and got just a sweaty as I did yesterday running 6 miles outside. Q: are you supposed to do 10, 9, 8, etc reps of the mountain climbers & jumping jacks? I did 30 seconds for each round b/c I’m not used to counting reps for these.

Artificial grass perth’s most significant benefit is probably in its
    time saving feature. It eliminates all the
    time necessary to plant new seed, fertilize, water,
    mow, trim and edge hoping of a good lawn. A artificial lawn will instantly provide you the planning that
    are required without hours of work each weekend. Would not you rather pay that time using
    your family instead? With artificial grass, your whole family might actually fancy the outside without being tired from yard work.

Your pets will relish it too. Any special deposits will be cleared up easily from your new synthetic yard.

Before you can begin the instillation process, there is some prep involved.

Involves properly determining your workspace to actually have adequate amounts of
    synthetic turf to cover your lawn area. It’s also vital that make sure you have cleared the space of any additional debris that could hinder certainly.

Growing interest in artificial turf items has boosted a brand new generation of synthetic grass that illegal copies the feel and of real lawn.

Now artificial turf is changing its grass counterpart in an
    incredibly rapid rate, because of factors benefits it provides.

Natural look of lifelike artificial grass is accomplished with
    talent full mixing of colours and cloth.. Completely different designs decision for various fiber lengths.
    One style features variable grade length to 35mm
    most; it always looks a freshly mowed and manicured lawn.
    It stands substantially as foot traffic and encompasses a seven
    year warranty.

Artificial Grass perth can be an important step towards living
    a more green life. It can prevent time, water and cash additionally to looking nice in any landscape design.
    This product makes it simple to have bright green grass all year long regardless
    of rainfall without spending hours upon hours watering, fertilizing,
    trimming and reseeding.

Since then synthetic sports turf fields are usually installed in newer baseball stadiums including Tropicana Field in E.
    Petersburg, Florida and the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    Sports field turf for baseball has become such a growing trend
    that many acclaimed college and university teams have chosen to play their games on synthetic grass over natural grass.
    Some associated with institutions include Kent State University, Columbia
    University, Cornell, University of Texas and the University of Cincinnati to name a few.

Used equipment is often more affordable than new, and most
    used mowers and lawn tools have been reconditioned before they are sold, so they are usually great working order.
    Look for used equipment that is clean, their cutting edges should be recently sharpened, and basic maintenance such as tune ups should’ve also already
    have been made.