Cheese Please

Another day, another interval workout!

40 minute treadmill workout

Today’s interval treadmill workout lasted 40 minutes and didn’t include too much running (18 minutes total), but whenever I pair running with crazy-fast incline walking, a red and sweaty face will almost always be the end result.

The 40 minutes I spent on the treadmill kicked off my workout for the day and I rounded out my time at the gym with a core circuit from the Best Body Boot Camp plan I am following. Burnin’ abs!

Breakfast this morning was sweet ‘n’ salty. Perfecto!

alouette 036

I made myself an egg bagelwich with strawberry jelly and Alouette Portions original soft cheese.

alouette 027

The cheese reminds me a lot of cream cheese. It’s incredibly creamy!

alouette 038

The company sent me the spreadable cheese to try several weeks ago and it has become a staple in my morning and afternoon snacks. The Italian herb cheese is perfect when spread on a whole wheat tortilla and topped with cucumbers for a light and delicious afternoon wrap. I’ve been pairing the original cheese with fresh fruit and honey. Yum!

alouette 043

Breakfast also included a hot mug of coffee. Wake up, buttercup!

coffee anthropologie mug

Now it’s time for things to get a little cheesy around here…

Alouette is in the middle of a 30-city U.S. tour with the 12-year-old author of Portion Size Me, a new book about the way the young author and his family transformed their lives by modifying their daily food choices and watching their portion sizes.

To held spread the word, Alouette is offering one PBF reader the chance to win a signed copy of the book and five coupons for Alouette cheese, valued at $8 each.

To enter this giveaway, simply comment below, saying how you’d like to use the cheese. I will randomly select a winner tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

Comments

1. Kayla says

Uh YUM much?! I would use it with fresh strawberries and graham crackers to make those cute little cheesecake things I always see on pinterest ;)

I love cream cheese! I would put it on a bagel, use it in fruit dip, use it in a chicken roll-up recipe my boyfriend loves, or just spread it on some crackers! :) YUM!

3. Julie C says

Creamy cheeses are so delicious! I love to make stir-fry veggies and pasta, then add Laughing Cow cheese. It melts and adds a great flavor. I’ve never heard of Aloutte, but I’m sure it would be wonderful!

4. Lilly says

I would love to use it on a baked potato, cheesy potatoes are my weakness! Spread on an apple would be a great snack too, so many great combos to have with such a great cheese.

5. Claudia says

I don’t eat cheese (lactose intolerant), but I bet my mom would love this for an afternoon snack – so I would re-gift it to my mother.

6. Krystle says

This cheese can literally be put in ANYTHING, but I would love to try some kind of portion sized mini cheese cake with it in place of cream cheese! That would be legit!

I have tried their cheese and liked it, but not that kind before. I usually use laughing cow so I would love to try it and compare (I’m sure it’s probably even better). I would use it in crepes and omelets, pizzas, wraps, cheese sandwiches…all kinds of things!

8. Geneva says

I think the italian herb cheese would be good mixed in with scrambled eggs. I also like your idea of using the plain with fruit and honey, and then putting all 3 on a toasted english muffin.

Either cheese would probably be good with scrambled eggs, however the tortilla and cucumber idea sounds super tasty.

went to afternoon tea recently, which included cucumber tea sandwiches and they were delish!

Thanks for the contest

10. April V. says

I would use the cheese on a mini bagel in the morning to accompany my fruit/veggie smoothie. I’ve been looking for something to add to keep me going until lunch time and this sounds like something delicious!

I actually almost identically make that same breakfast you did but I have used cream cheese or a laughing cow cheese in mine. This cheese sounds really good though! I love the sweet salty combo!

It also would be really good paired with an apple! I don’t what it is about cheese and apples but they just go so well together!

12. Amanda says

I have to tell you- I used this work out at the gym last night and coincidentally the girl beside me was using the same one. How random is that?!

13. Penny says

I’m late to the party but gotta say I love your circuit & treadmill workouts. I tried this one today, really did the trick. I’ve been looking for a way to change things up so now I think Fridays will be “Party Circuit Fridays” for me. Great work

14. Charlie says

Love your workouts, have been trying them to get me out of my current running/strength training rut!

However, I live in the UK and wanted to double check what unit of pace you are referring to above?

Thanks for your great posts :)