Beat Boredom Interval Workout

Good morning! I hope your Tuesday is off to a good start. I’ve always felt like Tuesdays are the toughest day of the week because Mondays typically pass quickly since everyone is in catch up mode and then you’re just left with Tuesday. Whomp, whomp.

How’s that for a positive thought to start your day? Whoops!

Here’s something kind of cool for my fellow Bachelor/Bachelorette fans out there: Guess who did one of my workouts yesterday?

ashley spivey workout

Remember Ashley S. from Brad’s season? (She also has a blog!)

ashley spivey bachelorette

I’m not gonna lie, as a big fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, I was a little too giddy when blog reader Haley told me about her tweet.

Naturally I responded to her this morning in all my schoolgirl glory and now we’re best friends.

surely you jest

For those of you out there who hate reality television and could not care less, have no fear! I have a fun workout to share with you this morning to hopefully reel you back into my good graces. If you hate reality television and fitness I’m not sure I can win you over, but maybe my dog can with her bedroom eyes?

sleepy vizsla

Beat Boredom Interval Workout

Today’s Best Body Boot Camp workout called for a 50-minute interval workout that incorporated four challenging five-minute intervals. My mind was all over the place at the gym this morning, so I knew I couldn’t complete the workout on one cardio machine and created this interval workout that had me running all over the place:

beat boredom interval workout

The five minute circuit that you see in the middle of the workout that I did two times through was so hard! I rested for 15 seconds between each exercise of the mini-circuit and I was so, so sweaty by the time I was done. It was a tough one but challenging in a good way. Plus, running around the gym like a nut job made the time fly by.

Shield your eyes from the horror that is this breakfast.

pesto scrambled eggs 035

Taste-wise, it was fantastic, but appearance-wise it was a major fail.

pesto scrambled eggs 032

I made a batch of scrambled eggs with chopped zucchini and stirred in a few spoonfuls of my homemade sunflower seed pesto for some healthy fats and added flavor. It tasted great but looked awful. (I ate it out of Tupperware because I used the Tupperware to store the zucchini that I chopped up yesterday and didn’t want to dirty another dish. Efficiency!)

Time to get crackin’ on the day!

Question of the Afternoon

• Do you like reality television? If so, what is your favorite reality show?

Comments

1. Whitney Y. says

I tried this Beat Boredom Interval Workout today after I read your blog this morning and it was AWESOME!!! Thanks soo much for sharing it, I loved it!!

2. Katie says

Wow what an awesome workout. Since I did this at work on my lunch break and now I am completely exhausted…do I get to collect worker’s comp :-) ?

Do you watch Bachelor Pad at all? I started watching this season and there is SO MUCH DRAMA. Which is likely why I watch it. Reminds me that my life really isn’t all that crazy.

4. Aleahbug says

Do I like reality TV…is the sky blue?! Most definetly! hehe. I will say I don’t watch as much TV as I use to during the week. I tape a lot of shows but then get to catch up normally Sundays. I love most of the Housewives seasons, on Bravo TV. I also love to watch weight loss shows, such as Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Great trainer! There are so many shows but I’ll just keep it short. : )

5. Debbie says

There are so many funny lil things in post! Loving it. Julie, your blog is a pleasure to read, as always. It is truly such a good way to start the day! :)

I absolutely love reality TV! My biggest guilty confession is Keeping Up With the Kardashians. My boyfriend and I keep up to date with everything ;) Soo embarrassing but soooo good!

That’s so exciting that Ashley S. did your workout!! I had a layover at the Denver, CO airport this past Thursday when my family and I were traveling back from vacation, and we had some time to kill so we were walking around the airport, and I thought I saw someone who looked really familiar. The second time I passed him, I was sure – it was Arie from this past season of The Bachelorette! I was too timid to say anything to him, but now I kind of wish I had said hi and asked for a picture with him… oh well, it was still neat to see him :)

What i do not understood is in fact how you are not really a lot more
    well-appreciated than you might be now. You are very intelligent.
    You realize thus significantly in the case of this matter, made me for my part consider it from so many varied
    angles. Its like women and men are not fascinated unless it is
    something to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.
    At all times take care of it up!