Banana Cheesecake Smoothie

It seems that more often than not Sunday mornings in our house begin with pancakes.

gander mountain 002

The pancakes of choice for today were cashew butter pancakes that I made the same way I make almond butter pancakes, but with cashew butter in place of the almond butter.

gander mountain 004

Topped with some syrup, of course.

After breakfast and a quick change, Ryan and I headed out for the 9 a.m. service at our church. It took us a while to get there because the guy in front of us was driving like an ass.

gander mountain 009

Just kidding. His driving skills were just fine and you simply cannot beat that kind of a view on a Sunday morning. Yeah buddy.

Today’s service was a great one and Ryan and I had a good time discussing it before running some errands.

Our first stop took us to Gander Mountain at Ryan’s request. As the daughter of a hunter, I am all too familiar with Gander Mountain. Though it carries basic necessities for hunting, fishing, camping and hiking, Gander Mountain always has a few hidden gems to be discovered that are quite amusing.

Would you care for a lovely camouflage vest with a built in butt rest?

gander mountain 012

I told Ryan that I think there’s a huge market for vest/butt rest apparel in sports merchandising. I can see football and baseball fans who sit in the nosebleeds sections of the stadiums with the super-hard seats absolutely loving a vest with a built in butt rest. Plus, they’d look lovely with a matching beer helmet, don’t you think?

On our way out of the store, once Ryan was done looking at hiking gear, we found the real winner of the day.

gander mountain 015

A 3-D camo poncho! Can you see me?

Why they don’t sell these things when it starts to rain at Disney World, I’ll never know. Ryan and I are currently trying to brainstorm some kind of a Halloween costume that would allow us to wear these, aside from Weird Swamp Thing.

When we arrived home, it was time for lunch. I started out my meal with a smoothie that ended up tasting like banana cheesecake in a glass!

banana cheesecake smoothie

I owe it all to these little Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges.

laughing cow cinnamon cheese

The company sent me their new cream cheese spreads to sample last week and the cinnamon cream and strawberries and cream flavors are my absolute favorites.

I used the cinnamon cream cheese spreads in my smoothie this afternoon and they added a cheesecake-like flavor to the smoothie that I adored.

banana cheesecake smoothie

I combined the following in a blender:

• 1 1/2 frozen bananas
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
  • 2 Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese wedges

healthy banana smoothie

Garnished with graham cracker crumbs!

The smoothie filled me up more than I anticipated, so I ended up waiting another hour or so until I fixed myself a salad for lunch.

gander mountain 020

Our waiter at dinner last night told me that the chef loaded up my salad with an extra portion of the ahi tuna which was awesome since I was able to box up a few of the remaining slices to enjoy for lunch today.

gander mountain 023

I topped my salad with the tuna, sunflower seeds, avocado, tomato, mushrooms and a ginger dressing.

gander mountain 024

I’m off to spend the remainder of the day working on a top-secret craft project that I’ll be sure to reveal to you guys within the coming two weeks. Should be fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Comments

The camouflage pics are hysterical! The hubs and I just returned form DICKS SPORTING goods and there was a HUGE section with just gear like that! I even made the joke that “I almost didn’t see the section ..cause it was CAMOUFLAGED!!” Yes a somewhat cheesy joke that got a huge laugh!!

Craft project eh!?!? I cannot wait!

Okay that Banana Cheesecake smoothie looks to die for! I will definitely be trying that one. The Ahi Tuna salad looks amazing too. I LOVE Harry’s! We live in Jacksonville, FL so for our date nights sometimes we drive to St. Augustine to enjoy Harry’s and the night life there. Adore your blog! You have killer yet simple recipes that are up this mamas alley. Thank you for sharing.

xo,
    Allison

3. @pluvk says

I couldn’t even tell that you were in the photo! Until I noticed your shoes… but if you hadn’t of said anything, I would’ve kept right on scrolling/reading through!

Smart idea, packing up the rest of the fish! I like to do that with dinners that come with salad bars. I fill up on the salad, and then make my entree an extra meal for the next day!

Oh Gander Mountain! I much prefer a stop at Dick’s Sporting Goods. At least I can go luck at work-out wear! My husband is an avid hunter/fisherman, so we frequently are visiting the golden 3…Ganger, Bass Pro, and Dicks!

5. Andrea says

You have super intrigued me about blogging. Well, you and the Pioneer Woman – which you wouldn’t think go together, but in my world they do. I love to eat and am a 40-ish mom of 3. I also hate to diet and therefore have added fitness into my lifestyle, proving it’s never too late. I don’t know if I will blog or not. My husband says “Go for it!” Proving yet again why we’ve been married for 21 years. Anyway, all this to say I really have been enjoying your blog! Thanks! :)

6. Dana says

Are those new Laughing Cow flavors? I’ve always wanted to try Laughing Cow but i’ve generally only seen savory flavors that I don’t love. How exciting!

Putting laughing cow cheese in a smoothie is genius! I’m going to have to try that. I’ve been adding cottage cheese to my smoothie for a while, so I can definitely vouch that it is the secret to a great, creamy smoothie (even for non-cottage cheese lovers!).

8. Destiny says

Immediately after reading this post I wrote down this smoothie recipe and plan to try it later today. (I only have the plain cream cheese, but figure a little added cinnamon will be comparable.)

I logged onto Facebook this afternoon and what do you think Laughing Cow has posted on their page? Your post!!!

Genius about the Laughing Cow in a Smoothie! Good thinking – bravo! Unfortunately I only have French Onion Laughing Cow right now – I don’t think that’s gonna work. I’m going to look for the sweeter varieties next time I’m at the grocery!

Jay