Bachelorette Party Question Book Game

A couple of weeks ago, I promised you guys that I would share the craft project I worked on for my friend Leah’s bachelorette party at the end of August.

I got the idea for this project from my sister, who made something similar for me for my bachelorette party. I absolutely loved it and made it for another friend’s bachelorette party last year, too!

bachelorette question book

wedding date book

About a month before Leah’s bachelorette party, I emailed a list of questions to her husband-to-be, Ricky. The questions ranged from sweet questions about their relationship to goofy questions that were meant to stump the groom and make the bride-to-be laugh at her groom’s answers.

Once I had all of Ricky’s answers to the questions I sent his way, I decorated different shades of pink cardstock with the questions and his answers and placed them into a black photo album.

bachelorette party game

bachelorette party questions

questions bachelorette party game

Now for the fun part!

During the bachelorette party, the book is passed around the room. Each person takes turns reading one of the questions aloud. The bride-to-be must then guess the answer to the question. If she gets it right, she picks someone from the group to take a Jello shot.

jello shots

If the bride-to-be answers the question incorrectly, she must take a Jello shot! (We always like to use Jello shots because you can control the alcohol content. The bride can also change the rules and give out shots to anyone at any any time so she’s not pounding drinks. Safety first!)

It’s always so much fun!

Here is the list of questions that I sent to the groom:

• When and where was your first kiss with the bride-to-be?
  • Where was your first date with the bride-to-be?
  • What do you think the bride-to-be’s favorite gift is from you?
  • What is the one item the bride-to-be cannot not live without?
  • What is the bride-to-be’s dream job?
  • If the bride-to-be could move anywhere without having to worry about a job or family, where would it be?
  • What is the bride-to-be’s most obnoxious habit?
  • What is your most obnoxious habit?
  • What turns the bride-to-be off the most about a man?
  • What turns you off the most about a woman?
  • What do you think is the bride-to-be’s favorite memory of your relationship?
  • What is your favorite memory of your relationship with the bride-to-be?
  • What does the bride-to-be picture when she looks into the future?
  • What do you picture when you look into the future?
  • What do you think the bride-to-be loves most about you?
  • What do you love the most about the bride-to-be?
  • What is a big dream of the bride-to-be’s?
  • What is a big dream of yours?
  • What is one thing the bride-to-be will never forget that you did for/said to her?
  • When does the bride-to-be want to have kids?
  • How many kids does the bride-to-be want to have?
  • How many kids do you want to have?
  • If the bride-to-be were an animal, what type of animal would she be and why?
  • If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be and why?

bachelorette

It’s a blast!

Question of the Day

• What is your favorite bachelorette, bridal or baby shower game?

Comments

ohmygoodness julie i love this! my best friend is getting married and she said she wanted something like this but didn’t want it to be so ‘formal’ what a great idea to make it fun and interactive with everyone that is there :) i can’t wait to make this! xo

Great game idea!! One that we’ve done before is for all the bride’s friends to buy her a sexy pair of panties that show their personality. The bride then has to guess who gave her each pair. It’s great for a laugh during pre-party drinks and then the bride ends up with a bunch of fancy new underwear!

We did something like this for my friends bridal shower. THe best moment was when the groom answered “What is your favorite thing that the bride-to-be wears?”

Answer, “Nothing” All of her friends erupted in laughter, but her mom, grandmother and aunts really didn’t like the answer. Haha

I love this idea! I have a bachelorette party coming up & I’m totally going to do this!! Sounds so fun!!

At my bachelorette party, every girl who came brought a pair of underwear (probably tmi lol) & I had to guess who brought which one. It would have been a little awkward but after a few drinks it was really funny :)

I’ve played a game similar to that. Instead of drinks though, everyone guesses how many questions the bride-to-be will get right. Whoever guesses the right number wins a party favor! The questions also focus a lot more on the groom to see how well the bride knows him (who was your fav elementary school teacher?). I like that this gets turned into a drinking game though!

6. Emily says

We play a game similar to this at bridal showers and for everyone wrong answer the bride gets, she has to put a piece of Double Bubble in her mouth. The challenging questions make it worth it, the wad of gum is normally HUGE by the end of the game! :)

My sister’s bachelorette party is in downtown Indy on Sept 29th… this sounds like a fun game to play! I think I might use your idea, thank you!

haha very cute book! Those ARE some sweet questions :) And my fave game is definitely this one as well because when my friend’s bridesmaids did it by recording the groom- to-be on a video as he answered questions just cracked me up! And it was so heart warming at the same time.

We did something similar to this for my friends party, but instead we video taped the groom and his answers.. The best part was the bride requested no stripper so as a joke we took her out into the hall and brought her back in blindfolded put her on a stool then sprayed cologne on one of the girls as they danced around her.. she had no idea what was going on and we finally revealed the real surprise when we took off her blindfold and did the video quiz. It was so much fun and adorable!!

What a fun idea! I did something similar for my sister’s bridal shower (minus the shots, old folks were there) but I just had the questions and answers written down for me, no special keepsake book! Next time (I’m MOH for another wedding next year) I’ll definitely do the book, too cute!

Best baby shower came I’ve come across was where your were separated in to teams of threes and one person was the baby, the other two have to make a baby outfit for you out of toilet paper! so funny!

11. Dawn says

This might be a little risque and of course not for everyone but we played this same game you are talking about at my bachlorette party and many of my friends but we also asked questions like – “what is your fiance’s toothbrush color?” (which you might only know if you lived with or stayed with your fiance before marriage) and “where is the craziest place you have done the deed?” What is REALLY funny is I answered that question with a completely different answer than my fiance so then we ended up divulging two crazy places. It was hysterical. I will never forget it. We all were doubled over in laughter. I am dissappointed that we didn’t do the jello shot idea, I love that. Although, we all had several drinks before the question and answer game even started so I gues that works too. HAVE FUN! I LOVE bachelorette parties. Unfortunately, most of my friends are all married now.

12. ivette says

Wow Julie! This is awsome. I’m in a long distance relationship so I’m definitely going to play around with this and make it work as a gift for my boyfriend:)

Thanks!

13. @pluvk says

This is a beyond cute idea! Definitely a great idea for the next girlfriend in my life who gets married!! I wonder how drunk I would get if I played this game? :-p

14. Torie =) says

Oh what a great idea! I think I am going to save this for the future some day when I have to plan a bachelorette party for my sister or anyone else!

Love this!! Wish I had known about this for one of my best friend’s bachelorette parties a couple weeks ago! I will have to do it whenever my sister gets married. So cute, original, and interactive. And you’re right, makes it so nice to tie in their relationship, the reason there’s even a bachelorette party in the first place, to the festivities.

16. Vicki says

Making a book with the questions is a fabulous idea. I’m definitely going to steal it for next year when I’m a bridesmaid for my best friend. Can I just ask, how did you print the questions and answers on the pick card? It looks really good. Any other bachelorette party ideas would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks for writing a great blog, hope you and Ryan are enjoying being back home with Sadie.

We played a game like that at my bachelorette party – I’m so glad that my maid of honor gave me the sheet of my husband’s answers (it’s so much fun to read :)

At my bridal shower, we played the “purse game.” The host had a list of various purse items, with different points values (the rarer the item, the higher the point value). Everyone added up their points, and the highest won! Some of the funniest items: a restaurant menu, a picture of the bride, something that glows in the dark, and a rock!