Total Body Circuit Workout

After yesterday’s less-than-stellar workout, I was ready for a good sweat at the gym today.

I began my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical before hopping off and tackling a total body circuit workout that looked like this:

total body circuit workout

I really, really liked this workout. I jumped from exercise to exercise with minimal rest which made the circuit fly by and had me sweatin’!

Here are a few links to demos of some of the exercises:

Breakfast this morning came in the form of Joelle’s Paleo oatmeal.

paleo oatmeal

Once again I added an extra egg white to the recipe and used a whole banana.

I also used chia seeds instead of flax seeds, which changed the texture a bit, and not necessarily for the better. I ran out of ground flaxseeds yesterday, so I subbed the chia seeds this morning and they were only okay. I definitely prefer the flaxseeds.

As if those changes to her recipe weren’t enough, I also added some steel cut oats which increased the cooking time, but tasted great. I loved the addition!

And you can’t forget that morning cup o’ coffee!

coffee

Question of the Morning

• What is the best thing you’ve had for breakfast so far this month?

My answer is an easy one: Malasadas!!! We got them one morning when we were in Oahu and I was in heaven.

Comments

i’m a carb queen so anytime i can coerce people to come over to my place for breakfast/brunch its a win! I always use the excuse of guests to make tons of muffins, scones, cinnamon buns and pancakes mmmm

The best thing I’ve had for breakfast this month is definitely my “healthy” french toast w/ a smear of almond butter and topped with a mound of berries, yum! It’s kind of scary how happy that meal makes me, but I know you understand. :) I’m definitely going to work the plank glute kickbacks into my booty-working routine!

My husband and I actually just went on our honeymoon this month to San Francisco and Napa and ate THE best food I’ve ever had! Our favorite breakfast was at a “Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives” place called Dottie’s True Blue Café in San Fran – black bean cakes topped with fried eggs, grilled (yes, grilled!) jalapeno cornbread, and coconut-chocolate chip muffins. Everything was just out of this world and I highly recommend it on a trip to SF :)

4. Lindsay says

I learned about the Color Run about a year and a half ago and it’s coming to Houston for the first time in November!! You better believe I’m signed up!!!

5. Heather says

Breakfast this week has been egg white/banana pancake with extra egg whites on the side and maple peanut butter. before that it wa paleo pumpkin oatmeal with extra egg whites and white chocolate peanut butter. Breakfast is my favorite of the day!

6. Christine says

Siggi’s orange and ginger yogurt with Nature’s Path Coconut Chia granola. The thick yogurt mixed with the crunch granola is A-MAZING! And the hints of sweet coconut with orange and ginger is delish! Plus I love chia seeds! Winning!

I won’t say this is the BEST thing I have had for breakfast, but it is my go to breakfast. I have it every day of the week, right after the kids leave for school. Many people say it is strange…what do you think?

A cup of chocolate donut coffee with vanilla creamer and a handful of peanuts…

8. Karen says

Wow, I tried this workout today and it was no joke! It looks easy when you glance at it but once you start going it gets tougher…although it was fun and it went quick, took about 30 minutes with minimal rest. I’m beat! Thanks! I love circuit workouts. Beats the heck outta the treadmill…grrr!

Howdy! I realize this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a lot of work?
    I’m completely new to running a blog however I do write in my diary everyday. I’d like to
    start a blog so I can share my personal experience and
    feelings online. Please let me know if you have any
    recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
    Thankyou!