25 Minute Interval Treadmill Workout

Good morning! I hope you guys had a great weekend!

Judging by my Facebook and Twitter feeds, a lot of running occurred yesterday. Marathons galore! (Congratulations to Monica for her marathon PR!)

The only marathon I participated in over the weekend started around 7 p.m. yesterday and included back-to-back episodes of New Girl.

new girl

Ryan and I love New Girl and were cracking up. We missed a few of the episodes when the show debuted last year, so it was fun to watch a few of the episodes we hadn’t seen before. (Winston wasn’t in the first episode!?)

Workout

Now for today!

We awoke at 5 a.m. for a Monday morning workout. I began my time at the gym on the treadmill and completed a 25-minute interval workout that incorporated incline walking and running.

25 minute treadmill interval workout

***Edited to add: The inclines in this workout are 9.0, 3.0 and 1.0. Some commenters thought I was truckin’ along at an 8.0 pace at a 10.0 incline. No sir!

I wore my new Reebok #getafterit t-shirt that the company sent me thanks to my partnership with Reebok through FitFluential.

reebok get after it shirt

The shirt fits true to size and is extra long which makes this crazy-long torso girl very happy. It’s the same shirt the Reebok women wore to FitBloggin’ that I liked immediately because it looked feminine and didn’t have a boxy appearance like many other t-shirts.

Speaking of FitBloggin’, I updated my Blog Travel page on Friday and forgot to mention it. You can find recaps from various blogging events on that page, including all of the blogging tips from the Central Florida Blogging Conference that previously appeared on the blog. I’m trying to stay organized for ya!

Breakfast this morning included scrambled eggs, sausage and half of an avocado.

eggs avocado

Protein packed!

eggs sausage avocado

Time to get started on today’s to do list!

Comments

1. Anne @strawberryjampackedlife says

They originally cast Damon Wayans Jr as Winston, but he’s on “Happy Endings”, which got picked up by ABC. I love who they got to replace him though. And both shows are absolutely hysterical! Win-win for all!!

As a Clemson girl, I’m hardcore loving all this orange and purple Reebok gear (don’t tell me if it’s actually coral or something, it’s orange to me!)

How did you train yourself to get up at 5 a.m. to work out? I am so bad about getting up early to work out! Once I’m up, I’m fine, it’s just physically getting out of my nice warm bed in the morning that I struggle with. Any tips??

So jealous of your New Girl marathon! I’ve been a fan since the beginning, and yea it was a different character, “Coach” instead of Winston in the first episode. I think that actor got the part in Happy Endings on ABC and left New Girl for the other show….

I LOVE New girl! I’m also just catching up on the episodes I missed last season. So funny. My favorite new show this season is New Normal! You should check it out.

My morning routine was an incline walk/run workout too! Fit minds think alike =) Mine was more like 5 mins walking at 4.0 with 8% incline, then 5 mins jogging at 6.5 with 3% incline…repeat for 40 mins. SWEATY. Have a good week pbf =)

7. Krista says

I don’t know how people only eat 1/2 avocado at a time! If my husband isn’t home I have no one to split it with so just eat the whole thing, I have some weird issue thinking about the avocado turning brown if I tried to save it for later. =)

I only started watching New Girl during the middle of last season, then returned to watch the first half, which was mehh….it definitely got better as the season went along.

Also, thank you so much for your organization — love the blog travel and blogging pages! It really does give us newbies some great resources and tips.

9. Marie says

So, there goes my excuse for not going to the gym before work because i don’t have enough time! I usually tell myself I need to spend at least 45 minutes on the treadmill to “make it count” (because staying in bed burns so many more calories, right???). I’m guessing this is probably a great workout though, so maybe I’ll try it in the morning! Thanks!
    Also, I need to check out ” New Girl”. I keep hearing about it!

10. Sarah P. says

I love the workouts you post . I especially like how this workout only takes 25 minutes. Also, I have been wanting to see “The New Girl” for a while now. You seem so busy all the time I don’t see how you find time for a show marathon haha.

11. Claire says

Oh my!!! Note to self: read entire page before just glancing at the workout and attempting to compete it! I had seen this workout briefly when you first posted it, but just now had the time to try it. I did not see the side note about the change of incline and was practically dying at those high speeds and inclines so I shortened that part to 1 minute which still killed me! can’t wait to try it correctly next time!

so excited to try this out. I realize I am finding this way after the fact- but googled treadmill intervel workouts (my new thursday dedication) in prep for tomorrow and am excited to come across this one.

thanks for sharing :) subscribing so I can follow along :)