Friendsgiving Invitation

Last night Ryan and I went through our calendars in an effort to select a date for our Friendsgiving extravaganza! We had the best time preparing traditional Thanksgiving dishes for our friends last year and are excited to host the fun event again this year.

My sister came in town the Friday before Friendsgiving last year and we spent the entire day prepping, cooking and baking and had a blast. It’s one of my favorite memories from 2011!

Friendsgiving

After glancing at our calendars, Ryan and I realized our November is pretty packed. The only free weekend we had in Ocala together was the weekend of November 3, so the date for Friendsgiving pretty much selected itself.

My everlasting love for PicMonkey had me on the site last night creating a fun little invitation to send to our friends this morning:

invitation friendsgiving

I swear, if I could create fun little images on PicMonkey all day long, I’d be a happy camper. It’s so darn user friendly and it satisfies my desire to be a little creative without the need for super-messy craft supplies.

Breakfast this morning was a two-parter.

I started with two slices of Nature’s Own cinnamon raisin toast topped with a bit of butter.

Nature's Own Cinnamon Raisin  Bread

A toast craving hit me hard this morning, so I went with it. I knew toast wouldn’t keep me full for long and about 30 minutes later, I made myself a bowl of scrambled eggs with chicken sausage, broccoli and cauliflower for a little punch of protein.

scrambled eggs

Much more filling!

Question of the Morning

• What is the busiest month of the year for you?

October, November and December are usually the busiest months for us, but I think that’s quite common because of the holidays. Between fall birthdays, anniversaries and the usual holidays, the last three months of the year are usually pretty packed for our little family.

Comments

I would love to do a friendsgiving with all of my friends sometime. My husband and I were just saying it’d be a fun tradition to start. Once we get our house (in time hopefully) its going to be the first thing we set up 🙂

That is such a good idea! Have a Thanksgiving with friends.

I think EVERY month is busy for me. I have a big intermediate family, plus my boyfriend’s, so we have a birthday or something every month. Then holidays. Then racing seasons (October-November and March-May). Plus my little girl’s activities…..I love being busy though. Wouldn’t change it for the world.

December is hands-down the busiest month in our world. We have birthdays, work Christmas parties, and family spread out everywhere. Because of the way Christmas falls this year, we’re going to be driving about 15 hours out of 36!

I love the ‘friendsgiving” idea. So cute. November is definitely my busiest month. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, Christmas is around the corner, and both my sisters and I, along with my nephew, all celebrate our birthdays in November. Lots going on!

5. Tayler says

I think October- December are the worst months for me (and a lot of others too.) Not only are they jammed packed with things to do, but they fly by so fast. One month it’s September, turn around and it’s already New Year’s. Even though it’s busy it’s one of the best times of year with bon fires, pumpkin carving, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

October through December are pretty busy for me too, especially now that I have to study for and take the legal ethics standardized test (MPRE) and I’m coaching for Girls On the Run and I’ve got a wedding in Charleston to attend!

October-December is busy for me too! I also teach dance class so our annual recital in June makes June one of the busiest months for me as well!

Friendsgiving sounds like an amazing time! I wish that I had started the tradition with my friends! =)

September to December is insane for me. Between my birthday, Josh’s birthday, our anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas we are busy busy busy! So excited for your friendsgiving event! I love you and your sisters aprons!

It was Canadian Thanksgiving on the 8th and this coming weekend some friends of ours are having a friendsgiving too. I’m looking forward to it and something we should do every year!
    September – December have been and are going to be jam packed, but it seems like our weekends have been pretty busy this entire year.

What a great idea! My (Canadian) Thanksgiving was very much like a Friendsgiving … I work in the media, and a lot of my friends don’t have families nearby to celebrate with. It’s nice to spend the holidays with wonderful people (and wonderful food!).

I love cinnamon raisin toast!! So yummy! My busiest month varies but I’d say it is usually October/November. Often December too. With all the holidays and preparation for the holidays (aka shopping and cooking!) things get pretty hectic! It’s also football season and we’re die-hard UGA fans so we try to go to games as much as possible.

This isn’t always the case, but November certainly turned into a busy year for me this year. I’m traveling every single weekend in November…oof. On the bright side, my Amtrak Guest Rewards points are going to go through the roof! Hooray for free train tickets! Haha.

13. Anne says

I’ve hosted a Friendsgiving (We call it “Practice Thanksgiving”) every year for the past 7 years. Unfortunately this year our November is absolutely packed with closing on our house Oct 31 and then only one weekend in town. Plus, we just moved and don’t have nearly the same amount of friends as before :(. Maybe next year we’ll do it again.

Oh, I love Friendsgiving!! I don’t think I have a busiest month because they’re all busy, but I at least have one weekend off every month so I’m trying to find mine in November to hold a Friendsgiving as well. 🙂

I love the idea of a Friendsgiving!!! Our tradition is an annual Christmas party. We like to have a theme and the food and outfits can get pretty wild sometimes — it’s a BLAST!! I find the summer to be busy as well as November/December, but I love every minute of it.

16. Lindsey says

Friendsgiving is such a great idea and really any excuse to get together with loved ones and eat great food is great!!!

December is definitely the busiest month for our family, but its “fun busy’ with lots of travel and get togethers.

Have a great day:)

We call our friends Thanksgiving Turducken Day and we order a turducken (aka a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey!)… but this year since we’ve all been so busy, we’re combining it with Halloween… so we’re having Turduckaween on November 3rd! Costumes + food + some yard games (cornhole, frisbee, etc) = I’m so pumped!

Such a sweet idea 🙂 November is actually a pretty relaxed month for me, but I’m pretty sure that boils down to the fact that Canadian Thanksgiving happens in October, so there’s nothing really going on in November. December, on the other hand, is absolute madness…

I love the idea of friendsgiving! As soon as I have my own place I am definitely going to host one for all of my friends! And you are officially convincing me to try editing my photos with picmonkey- I need to give it a shot!

I love the idea of a Friendsgiivng. And I also had no idea you could make such adorable prints on Picmonkey. Is that what you use for most of your photo editing? It’s looking fantastic!

Thank you for the inside scoop on picmonkey! It’s always great to know about little sites that you can have mess free craft fun and down have to download/pay for!

Because of you, I’m now hooked on PicMonkey, too! Although I definitely have not advanced to your skill level yet. 🙂

November is always the busiest month for me…usually for fun reasons, but it can be stressful, too!

23. Lizzie says

Does your Friendsgiving also pay tribute to the classic Friends Thanksgiving episodes? I think I read on your blog at one time time that you were a huge fan of the show, too! I love the football one with the ‘got the key-eyys’ stint the best 🙂

This time of year is crazy for our family, too- three birthdays sandwiched between Halloween, thanksgiving & Xmas! But a mighty delicious and decadent sandwich it is 😉

We are doing a “friendsgiving” that same day! I love getting together with friends sharing yummy food. We have a group of friends all with babies around the same age so we try to have monthly family dinners. Scheduling is very tricky since we are all pretty busy! I don’t think we’ve had a month where we have a weekend with nothing planned in ages! I thought we were busy when we didn’t have any kids, now that we have the Love Nugget, we are so much busier!

I can remember your last years prep posts like it was yesterday! Where did that year go!!! December is always the busiest Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year in Ireland! I LOVE picmonkey…never would have known about it had it not been for you!

26. Nicole says

Julie, I have to tell you – Last year’s post on Friendsgiving inspired me to host my own this year! I’m so excited! My party will be on November 11. Love this idea and can’t wait to start cooking! (I think I will also steal your stuffing recipe, too, if ya don’t mind…. 😉 )

Happy Friendsgiving!

We used to do a Friendsgiving in college before everyone went home and my high school friends and I do a Friendsmas party bus for the past few years. My fiance and I love throwing parties and last year we did Halloween, Christmas and a summer party and we’re getting ready for our Halloween party again this year! I am definitely excited to see what PicMonkey has in store for the rest of the holidays!!

What a fun idea! My friends and I were all stuck in LA and not with our families for the past couple Thanksgiving’s and had a Friendsgiving ON Thanksgiving which was a lot of fun. As nice as it will be to be with family this year, there’s also a part of me that will miss that tradition.

29. Joanne says

We pretty much HAVE to do a Friendsgiving! I’m English and my husband is American, we live in the UK at the moment and it’s surprising how many of our American friends around us didn’t realise the UK doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving. We’re military and for Thanksgiving we get together with all of our American friends and have dinner. Last year, our first Thanksgiving together, was a bust as a British friend of ours got married on Thanksgiving, so our Thanksgiving was wiped out. This year his squadron are renting out a hall and we’re all bring dishes to share, so I’m excited for my very first Thanksgiving.
    Picmonkey is basically.. amazing. And Nov/Dec is always busiest for us!

I can’t tell you how much I LOVE this idea!! 😀 For one, Thanksgiving is only like one of the best holidays of the year, and having a friendsgiving means you get to celebrate it twice! But, not only that, how fun and awesome is it to get to host, cook, and spend time with good friends :D. This year, we have a lot on our plate coming up in the next several months, so having a friendsgiving won’t be possible. But, I’m definitely bookmarking this idea for next year!

I love both of your aprons. Who are they made by? Have been looking for a really cute apron to purchase. The Friendsgiving idea is really cute. Sounds like a lot of fun.