10 Minute Cardio and Abs Circuit

After dealing with some computer issues yesterday, I’m back!

Ryan ended up getting off the trails at a decent time yesterday and called me in the late afternoon to tell me that he was on his way back to Ocala. I decided to drive home last night to see him when he arrived around 10 p.m.

It’s good to have our little family back together!

Since Ryan wasn’t supposed to be back until today, he has the day off from work and we slept in and headed to the gym together around 7:30 a.m.

It felt good to sweat and I completed 40 minutes of cardio split between the stair master, rowing machine and the elliptical. I followed my cardio with a brief 10 minute cardio and abs circuit.

Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout - Only 10 Minutes

A quick and efficient ab workout! Moving directly from plank jacks into a plank hold was the biggest challenge for me. Phew!

Breakfast this morning centered around a gigantic Honeycrisp apple.

Honeycrisp Apple with Almond Butter

Following my visit to the Harry & David orchards in Oregon in October, I was enrolled in their 6-month fruit of the month club and received a big box of the most delicious and perfectly crisp apples yesterday. I cut one up and dipped the slices in a bit of almond butter for breakfast this morning.

apples almond butter eggs

Served with some scrambled eggs on the side for a little protein!

Today’s agenda includes writing, studying and a conference call.

See ya after lunch!

Comments

1. Paula says

Can I ask how you time your 1 minute intervals? Whenever I try to do something like this, I am usually looking at my watch, and whole time I am doing a plank or something I am thinking “my minute MUST be over” and take a break to check – only to find out 15 seconds have passed! I need a watch that beeps every minute, I think – but I haven’t had luck finding one. Thanks!

• says

Not sure if you’ve tried this before (and it can be a bit of a pain in the bum sometimes), but on my iPhone, there is a stopwatch app I use. I just put the phone by my head so I can sneak a glance at it every once in awhile to know when it’s time to stop the plank hold (or whatever exercise you’re doing).

Haha I was thinking the plank jacks to plank hold sounded rough! But this sounds fun and I like that it’s only 10 min. I hope Ryan enjoyed hiking, I’ve gotten to go up into the mountains in NC during the fall a few times and it’s always so beautiful!

Whenever I don’t really know what I want to do at the gym – I always have a random cardio day! 10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the stairmaster, 10 minutes on the arc trainer – I’m all over the place! But it makes the time fly!

I just can’t proclaim my love for Honeycrisps enough! They are my splurge and I’ll buy one or two to complement the rest of my apples every week.
    It’s actually kind of embarassing how much I spen each week on apples!

I am glad that your computer issues are better. I was looking through your old Tuesday posts of bloggin success and the picture of Sadie with the soyjoy bars taste like feet picture made me laugh. I then today on my feed saw a “SOYJOY bar review and giveaway post” made me laugh quite a bit, needless to say I will not be entering : )

6. Emily B says

Hi Julie! What happened to the “previous post” links at the bottom of the blogs? I love those. Now to get to the next blog you have to go back to the front page. Is there any way to bring them back?

Thanks!

That workout looks awesome! I’m always on the lookout for super quick and sweaty morning workouts. And, I debated on whether or not I should say this because I HATE seeming like/being a jealous person, but I really am super jealous (envious?) of your schedule flexibility and being able to decide to sleep in until 7:30 :) that sounds glorious! Sometimes a morning with a few extra hours of sleep does wonders! (I hope that didn’t make me sound like a bad person!) Enjoy your afternoon!

That apple looks delicious! I need to start incorporating more fruit into my morning routine.

And I also need to attempt the stairmaster and revisit the rowing machine. A cardio circuit would do my heart and soul some good!

9. janet says

All I can think og was “Everybody Loves Raymond” and how Marie freaked out over the Fruit of the Month club that Ray and Deb gave them “all that fruit? Every month? It’s not right!”. :-)

Julie! Yours is one of my favorite blogs and I love basically every post you put up. You actually inspired me to start my own blog, and I followed your tips and instructions while spending 5 hours getting it set up yesterday. Thanks for the inspirations, all the workouts and the recipes!
    Andrea Burgwin
    aburgwin.wordpress.com

11. Amy says

Hi Julie! Since we know about your love of Harry & David, I wanted to let you know that there is a 50% off Harry & David coupon on living social right now! It’s $15 for one box of Fresh Royal Riviera Pears!

Ever since reading your blog I’ve starting breaking up my cardio at the gym by using different machines and doing circuits in between. I used to dread the full 40 minutes on one machine, but breaking it up makes all the difference. Thanks!

13. LG says

Well, thanks a LOT, Julie. Hrumph. I subjected myself to this 10 minute workout because I only had a tiny slot of time tonight. (I’m going to a Stella & Dot party.) Anyway, my abs are killing me now!!! Urgggg. :0)

I have a lot of honey crisp apples on-hand. The local orchard taught me a trick last Fall–put the apples in a freezer bag, get the air out, and store in the fridge. Last year I had honey crisp apples last for 4 months. I was a happy camper eating them in March!

I love apples! I eat one everyday! Granny Smith and Gala are my favorite. Question did you ever end up getting a laptop? I know you were in the market before. I am looking to replace my macbook with something less expensive and don’t know where to start!

I love Honeycrisps! We have actually had them {{gasp!}} on sale recently here in California, but everytime I buy them they are gone in the blink of an eye ;)

I would also love a recap of Ryan’s hike, I have no idea what the Appalacians looks like! Especially from the view of a seasoned hiker!