Apple Chicken Sausage Skillet

After working through the morning, I took a little breather around lunchtime to throw together a hot meal.

chicken sausage onion apple

I sautéed an onion in a bit of olive oil before chopping up two al fresco sweet apple chicken sausages and adding them to the pan. I then added thinly sliced Honeycrisp apple slices and let them cook until they softened.

Apple Chicken Sausage skillet

It was a great lunch!

I followed it up with some homemade almond butter granola.

almond butter granola

I currently have eight cups of granola on my hands! I made a bunch for Mackenzie, the winner of my granola in Gina’s Sweets for Sandy auction, and prepared a batch for us to enjoy as well.  This stuff is addicting!

After lunch, I ran a quick errand to the library to pick up The Happiness Project to read for this month’s book club.

The Happiness Project

I had it placed on hold and got an email notification this morning telling me it was ready and waiting. I can’t wait to start reading it this evening. I always like having a book to read and felt a little lost this weekend without something to read before bed. Reading helps me settle down and drift off to sleep, so I was a little restless. Have any of my fellow book club readers started this book yet? Thoughts?

Time to cram in a few more hours of work before a Junior League meeting tonight!

Comments

1. Christine says

Julie and other readers:
    I am an avid reader, and can NEVER check out books at my local library due to the population (Miami=busy busy!). I can’t wait to read this book, and wanted to let you know I bought it (used- very good condition) from half.com (It’s part of e-bay) for $2.89, with shipping it came to $5.00! I love to keep the books I read, but HATE spending $5 million dollars at Barnes and Nobles.

2. Angela says

I read it! It was really inspiring and I was motivated to change up my life for around two weeks after I read it .. and then went on to my normal routines lol. It was a really fun read though.

I am a big fan of reading before bed. It’s one of the only things that actually works to make me ‘sleep sleepy’, not just ‘get into bed sleepy’. I’m reading a great book at the moment called ‘The Chaperone’ by Laura Moriarty. Highly recommend!

4. Natalie says

Julie! I love that lunch idea. I work close to my house and am always looking for sometime to run home and make on the fly! This is a great idea.

Also, I didn’t know you were in Junior League. It only makes my love for your blog and you even greater!

5. Haley Southey says

I’m so excited about this month’s book of the month! I haven’t participated in PBfingers book club before, but this book looks very optimistic and…happy! (:

Love the idea of the sausage/apple combo! I really wanted to join in on the book club this month because I so want to read that book. But, alas, I am in the midst of a move and some big transitions so it’s just going to have to wait for now. Can’t wait to see what you and the other bloggers who join in think about it!

7. Marcy says

I am so happy I found your blog! I have been following your book club and have even read some of the “rejects.” I also reserve my books from the library. I hope the Happiness Project picks up, I am not digging it so far.

8. Carly Kraybill says

The Apple Chicken Sausage Skillet look delicious! I’m in college and I’m so excited for Thanksgiving break to be able to cook at home. I’m definitely going to have to add this to my list of recipes to make over break!