The Verdict on the Cone

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to catch up on sleep and spend quality time with loved ones.

I enjoyed a laid back weekend with Ryan and Sadie and managed to get some work done yesterday which wasn’t super fun, but I feel good going into the workweek, so that’s a nice benefit!

Sadie Update

Though we haven’t heard back from the vet with the results of the biopsies of the lumps Sadie had removed last week, in the shocker of all shockers, someone doesn’t seem to mind her cone… at all.

vizsla wearing cone

It’s the strangest thing and totally unanticipated.

I assumed she’d detest the cone, but she seems rather oblivious to the giant martini glass surrounding her face. We took it off of her a few times this weekend when we were around to supervise her and she didn’t fight us at all when we put it back on.

Maybe she thinks it’s some kind of a costume or an outfit. She seems to love wearing clothes, so I guess it kind of makes sense? Kind of?

Such a goofball.

Workout

Today’s workout began with an interval workout on the elliptical (similar to this one but with shorter intervals) before it was time to kick off Phase Four of Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp! (Just FYI, registration for Tina’s fourth round of BBBC is now open. The fourth round begins on January 7.)

Today’s workout targeted my upper body and was seriously tough, but in a very good way. I loved it! The workout incorporated tabata weight training which had me feelin’ the burn. (You can read more about tabata weight training on Tina’s blog.) While I’ve done tabata workouts before, they’ve focused solely on cardio, so this type of strength training was new to me and I’m a fan.

Breakfast this morning was a no-brainer thanks to some prep work last night.

overnight oats 014

I topped a bowl of overnight oats with almond butter and fresh raspberries.

overnight oats with almond butter

Nice and filling!

I hope your Monday is a good one!

Harry & David Gift Basket Giveaway Winner

Congratulations to…

• Molly C.: “Wow, what a beautiful gift basket. I think the chocolate cherries and of course the pears sound amazing, but I want to send this to my mom; it’s hard to find a gift that’s amazing enough for her because she’s such a wonderful person (and never asks for anything!)… this would be great!”

Please email me at pbfingers@gmail.com with the mailing address where you’d like the gift basket sent and we’ll send it out ASAP! Congrats!

Comments

hahah I have never heard a cone called a martini glass! My dog absolutely hated the thing and was pretty annoyed with it, so I am glad Sadie doesn’t mind! I love being productive on the weekends, it makes the workweek so much easier!

Wow, Sadie is the only dog I’ve ever heard of that doesn’t mind the cone! When my pug got neutered I kept it on him for only one night because it was driving him crazy and I felt too bad for him. Luckily, he didn’t bother with his stitches so it was no big deal!

I had overnight oats for breakfast too — my go-to!

I am glad to hear that Sadie is doing well! Hopefully you get positive news from the vet with the results of the test!

Those raspberries look amazing. Is it just me, or have they been REALLY good lately? I am loving them in Greek vanilla yogurt.

4. Kate says

If you wanted to use the cone AS a costume, my friend and her husband dressed up as the characters from Up for Halloween. He was the old man (with a bunch of balloons tied to his back), she was the boyscout, and their dog was the dog with the “cone of shame!” Adorable :)

5. Sara says

This is totally random, but I thought I’d let you know that you inspired me to wake up early and work out this morning! I usually save my workout for the afternoon, but I pushed myself to do it this morning, and now I have so much more energy than usual. Thanks!

6. Michelle says

After hearing so much about BBB, I signed up today! I have been seriously slacking for the past few months on both my fitness and nutrition. I’ve never tried any type of online training before so I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Will you be participating in this round?

That’s such random good news that Sadie isn’t bothered by her cone! What a little trooper. I’ve been interested in signing up for Tina’s bootcamp since reading about it on your blog so often..I’m gonna look into and see if Round 4 can fit into my schedule!

8. Lyndsay says

We have a little conehead of our own right now! He doesn’t seem to mind it either! I think he has even figured out that he can use it as sheild against our other dog! It’s total madness, but at least he’s still in good spirits!

9. Karen says

That’s funny. My little yorkie doesn’t seem to mind the cone either. He had to have it after his neuter. He was so good when we’d have to put it on again after taking it off. It was almost like he liked it!

A person essentially lend a hand to make significantly posts I would state.

This is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far?

I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual post extraordinary.
    Great job!