Bridesmaid Dress Shopping at Jacksonville Town Center

French toast, hot chocolate, wine, a long run, ice cream, quality time with a wonderful friend… Yesterday was a jam-packed, fabulous day!

It began with a filling French toast breakfast topped with syrup and fresh blackberries.

Ezekiel Bread French Toast

IMG_1335-001

I let myself digest breakfast for a solid 90 minutes before changing into running clothes and leashing up Sadie for a nine mile run.

Long Run

I wasn’t in the mood to run at all when I first awoke, but within five minutes of hitting the pavement, I fell into a solid groove and knocked out nine miles in one hour and 22 minutes (9:11 minute mile pace).

IMG_1345-001

I know this may not be super speedy for some, but I was pretty pleased with my pace and finished the run feeling amped! I honestly felt like I could’ve kept going which was a great feeling since January’s half marathon is quickly creeping up on me!

The weather was rather chilly but not cold enough for a running jacket, so I wore my new lululemon run swiftly long sleeve top that I was asked to review and it kept me warm but didn’t make me feel overheated.

IMG_1346-001

It would make a fantastic layering top for cold-weather runners because it’s nice and streamlined. I loved the longer length and seamless sweat-wicking fabric. And you know lululemon’s clothing is always flattering and super cute. Plus, I’m a sucker for anything heathered!

Running nine miles didn’t phase Sadie in the least and she ran around my parents’ condo after our run, making me look like a pansy as I immediately plopped myself on the floor to stretch.

IMG_1351-001

Once I peeled myself off the floor, I took a glorious shower and emerged with a grumbling stomach. My mom came through in the clutch and made sloppy joes for everyone to enjoy for lunch and I filled my plate. Yum!

IMG_1352-001

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Immediately after lunch, Ryan and I drove out to the Town Center shops because I had a hot date with my friend Minda!

IMG_1357-001

Ryan ran some errands while I met up with Minda at BCBG for a fun afternoon of bridesmaid dress shopping!

IMG_1353-001

Minda and her wonderful fiancé Clark are getting married over Labor Day weekend St. Augustine next year and I feel honored to be a part of their big day. Minda and Clark actually dated waaay back in middle school and then reunited after college. They have some of the cutest pictures together from when they were little tykes. Smile

Minda selected stunning floor-length orange gowns from BCBG for her bridesmaids to wear and I bought mine yesterday after trying it on and receiving a thumbs up from the bride-to-be!

IMG_1354-001

Now I need to find some strappy gold heels!

IMG_1356-001

Dress shopping didn’t take too long and Minda and I weren’t ready to say goodbye when we were done! Since we had more catching up to do, we headed to Starbucks where we met up with Ryan and sipped hot drinks for well over an hour. It was so good to see her again!

IMG_1358

IMG_1359-001

Dinner

Ryan and I made it back to my parents’ condo in time to change and walk out to the beach for evening playtime with Sadie.

IMG_1363-001

IMG_1361-001

IMG_1362-001

IMG_1364-001

When we came back inside, it was time for cocktail hour and hors d’oeuvres!

IMG_1372-001

Cheers!

IMG_1373-001

IMG_1378-001

We snacked on lots of cheese, prosciutto and crackers before sitting down to a wonderful grouper dinner!

IMG_1381-001

And my all-time favorite chocolate marshmallow ice cream for dessert!

IMG_1382-001

Now I’m off to enjoy a Christmas Eve family brunch.

Merry Christmas Eve, my friends!

Comments

Any day filled with friends, ice-cream, wine and a long run is a great one in my book!

I love the picture of you & Ryan on the beach with Sadie playing in the background. My Vizsla loves going to the beach. She will run full speed into the ocean and swim the entire time, but she will not get into our pool. It is the strangest thing! Merry Christmas Eve!

P.S. My long runs don’t phase my Vizsla either – she usually comes straight inside and proceeds to grab the nearest toy in an attempt to entice me or our lab to play.

Such a cute pic of your dad and his “Grandpuppy.”

Sounds like a good day. Makes me want to catch up and shop with a few of my girlfriends, though. Friends are the best!

Those dresses are soooo beautiful! I love the color, the style, EVERYTHING! Way to go Minda!
    Also, I kinda want to come live with your family (in a non-creepy way?) as it looks like you all just have such a great time together! Happy Christmas Fagan-Bream family :o)

4. Emily R. says

ADORABLE bridesmaid dresses! And your parents’ condo looks very nice from what we can see from the pictures! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

5. Tanya says

Way to go on the run! I would be super happy with that pase!

We are at my mother in laws with our Vizsla. She jumps a lot but I don’t really mind. But with my mother in law it’s been annoying. And she jumped her front paws on the counter the other day and got some butter (bad brooks). I see Sadie is always up on her back legs. Does she jump a lot? Or do people not mind?

Wow, nice job on the run. It amazes me that Sadie can run that far without ever tiring. I wish I could do that with my pup! I love the jacket you’re wearing in those pics on the beach. It’s my favorite color. Where’d you get it? Merry Christmas!

That is a pretty dress! I think it’s rare to pull off a bright orange color, but you seem to always match bright hues :) And what a fun and DELICIOUS DAY, man! Would you believe me if I told you that I never tried sloppy joes? I’m so curious what they taste like. :P

8. Kc Corson says

Merry Christmas! Your parent’s look great and happy, enjoy your family time! Thanks for always sharing your happiness with us!

9. Tracy tong says

I’ve seen you use the word “phase” a few times when I think you mean “faze.” Unless Sadie phases into a werewolf occasionally…

10. Mira says

Please consider an alternative word to “pansy.” Pansy is a word often used to describe LGBT people and is offensive.

Your blog shows that you have a wide vocabulary, so I’m sure you can find a different, better word to use.

I went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday, too! My cousin is getting married this summer. I love the dress Minda picked out. My cousin chose really cute strapless magenta floor-length dresses. It’s my first time being a bridesmaid and I’m so excited!
    Merry Christmas Eve!

12. AJ says

Merry Christmas Eve!! Love that Lulu top, they have the best stuff!! And that dress your friend picked for a bridesmaid dress is stunning!
    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

13. Mary says

Merry Christmas Eve, Julie! Would you mind sharing your monkey bread recipe someday?!? I’m about to make it for tomorrow morning and would love to compare and contrast recipes. :)

14. Caitlin says

You have the prettiest smile Julie! It always looks like you’re laughing with joy in all your pictures! A beautiful way to live. Love your blog so much; enjoy your holiday with your family!!!

15. Amber Johnson says

Town Center has been CRAZY this week! But it’s gorgeous when decorated for Christmas, especially outside of Maggiano’s! Merry Christmas! :)

16. Jacki says

How do you like your Garmin watch? I’ve had 2 FR60′s in the last year, each lasting about a year before dying. I’m considering whether to go to the FR70 or to another brand. Do you or any of your readers have any input on this? I’ve started using the heart band more due to health issues so I don’t want to go without it and ponder too long.

Love those beach photos…especially the one of Sadie. That needs to be printed and framed!

Also, my husband just got the new Nike gps running watch and loves it. It is much smaller than the one you have so you might like it too. Comes in fun colors also, and I know you love that!

18. Amanda says

I love that action shot of Sadie! Looks like a great time spent with family. And great choice on the long gown, I was a bridesmaid in November and we had long gowns. They look amazing in photos and photographers love them cos they cover up different length and shaped legs!

wow!thanks so much for sharing this excellent posting with us. Your dress is very beautiful. I have kinds of dresses on my website. If you are interested, you can visit it (www.umybridal.com):-)