10 Miles

With the glorious chilly temperatures hovering through the morning in Ocala today, I decided to shuffle my workout schedule around a bit and tackle the long run on my half marathon training plan for the week around lunchtime today.

Sadie was amped as usual and basically pulled me through our entire 10 mile run.

vizsla running

We ran a ginormous loop around town and finished 10 miles in 1 hour and 30 minutes (9:05 minute mile pace).

garmin 305

I’m not sure how or why my pace per mile seems to be dropping as I increase the mileage of my long runs, but I’ll take it! I think a lot of it has to do with the cooler weather. It is 10 times more pleasant to run outside when the heat doesn’t make you feel like your face is going to melt off.

Lunch

Lunch was top-of-mind after a quick post-run shower.

I made breakfast for lunch: Scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese, topped with 1/2 of an avocado and served with a buttered English muffin on the side.

breakfast for lunch

English Muffin buttered

I basically inhaled my lunch and before I knew it I was back in the pantry looking for more food.

I spy, with my little eye, salted pistachios!!!

Harry & David pistachios

I bought a bag of Harry & David pistachios as a stocking stuffer for Ryan for Christmas and think I may need to replace them since I ate more than my fair share out of his bag today. Sharing is caring, right? I just couldn’t stop eating them this afternoon. The saltiness called to me!

I hope you’re all having a great Friday out there! Our plans for the weekend are very low key, which sounds perfect to me. I’m hoping to make it to the movies at some point to see Les Miserables. Have any of you seen it yet? Thoughts? I absolutely love musicals, but have never seen Les Mis. I think a lot of the music is beautiful, so I’m anxious to see it!

Comments

My Christmas gift to my MIL, SIL, and aunt was lunch and tickets to Les Mis…it was AMAZING!!! I love musicals, and even though I embarassingly admit that I knew nothing about the movie/book beforehand, it was one of the best movies that I’ve seen. I truly enjoyed it.

I have always loved the musical version of Les Mis and I thought the movie was incredible – the story is so powerful and emotional and the actors did a great job of portraying that. I definitely cried a lot and afterwards had this overwhelming feeling of how insignificant my own problems are, haha. You’ll have to report back on how you liked it!

3. Carly says

Oh my goodness I saw Les Mis at the beginning of the week and was soooo disappointed. It had so many great actors/actresses in it, and the music was absolutely beautiful… HOWEVER, it was so depressing!! I know the musical is depressing (I’ve seen it on stage before), but something about seeing it on screen made it overwhelming. Just make sure you don’t let it consume you!

4. Casey says

Great job on the run!! I would like to train for my second half marathon, but after the injuries I sustained in the first one, I’m nervous! As for Les Mis, I would love to see it as well, even though I have no idea what it is about. I do enjoy Anne Hathaway!

5. Emily says

Nice job! I ran 13 this morning and 11 on Christmas!! These are my two longest runs since battling through a femoral stress fracture last July! Felt awesome, hope yours did too!! Congrats!

6. Anne Marie says

Just curious if you were going to do another post on your workout playlist! Or if you added any new songs since you have been trainer for this half marathon! :) thanks