I feel like I’ve been out of it when it comes to the excitement surrounding the new year. I’ve seen bloggers and friends write blog posts and Facebook statuses declaring their New Year’s resolutions with enthusiasm.
I wish I shared their fervor, but I feel like a bit of a Debbie Downer over here since my mind is just thinking, “Welp, it’s January 2013.”
In an effort to drink some of the New Year’s Kool-Aid, last night, after I turned off my bedside lamp and rolled over to try to go to sleep, I let my mind wander and think about what I’m looking forward to in the coming year. One word immediately popped into my mind: Weddings!
Yes, 2013 will be the year of weddings! Right now Ryan and I have five weddings on the books (I’m a bridesmaid in four and he’s a groomsmen in one), so our 2013 will be packed with wedding festivities and fun times with some of our closest friends. I’m thrilled to watch some of my very best girlfriends say “I do!”
Big events coming up in 2013 (in chronological order):
- ZOOMA Florida half marathon
- Miami half marathon (I may have a conflict with this race, but I’m really hoping to run it with some of my girlfriends!)
- NASM exam
- Family vacation to Machu Picchu
- Laurel & John’s wedding in Orlando
- Dad’s 60th birthday
- Michaela & Kyle’s wedding in Colorado
- Minda & Clark’s wedding in St. Augustine
- Ryan’s 30th birthday + Terry & Janelle’s wedding in New Jersey (same day!)
- Merri & Pete’s wedding in Tallahassee
Plus lots of fun bachelorette parties that haven’t made their way onto my calendar yet!
Lunch today was another simple one-bowl meal.
- Chicken sausage
- Scrambled eggs (made with a splash of milk and mozzarella cheese)
- Collard greens
That’ll do it!
Questions of the Afternoon
- What is one thing you’re really looking forward to in 2013?
- Have you ever experienced a “year of weddings” when a bunch of your friends or family members got married within the same year?
I have a friend who went to 11 weddings in one year. Insanity!