Big Fan of Tina and Amy

Good morning to you! I hope you were able to enjoy a fun weekend with some relaxation thrown in as well.

Our weekend was filled with lots of time outside!

Sadie outside

Sadie was in frisbee heaven!

We also found a used washing machine to replace our old washer that kicked the bucket back in December. I never blogged about it, but our washing machine completely overflowed one day into our kitchen and living room. We thought we fixed it when, a couple weeks later, it caught on fire when Ryan was home doing a load of laundry. Two strikes and you’re out!

On Saturday we found a replacement on craigslist and so far it seems to be working quite well. We had a month’s worth of laundry built up to tackle yesterday, so I posted up in front of the TV to sort through my clothes while watching the Golden Globes.

I don’t usually care about award shows at all, but I think Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hilarious, so I was curious to see how they would do as hosts of the show.

tina fey amy poehler golden globes

(Source)

I thought they killed it with their opening monologue! I only tuned in for about an hour before calling it quits, but Tina and Amy cracked me up! I also loved Adele’s acceptance speech.

As for the beautiful dresses? I thought there were quite a lot of gorgeous gowns last night, but my two favorites of the evening included Jessica Alba’s coral dress and Kerry Washington’s champagne dress.

Jessica Alba Golden Globes

Kerry Washington golden globes

The coral color of Jessica’s dress looked fantastic on her and I thought Kerry’s dress was different and absolutely stunning.

Workout

This morning I was up nice and early for a workout. It’s week two of Best Body Boot Camp! The workouts are the same as last week’s workouts, though the tempo of the exercises changed slightly.

Today’s circuit wasn’t crazy hard, but it still had me sweating!

When I walked through the door after my workout, I grabbed a banana and ate it as I prepped breakfast.

Scrambled eggs + Chicken sausage + Spinach

scrambled eggs chicken sausage spinach

eggs

Yum!

Questions of the Morning

• Do you enjoy award shows?
  • Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? Did you think Tina and Amy did a good job as hosts? Did any dresses stand out to you?

I never really care too much about award shows, but I was excited to see Tina and Amy last night and thought they were hilarious!

Comments

1. Traci says

I love logging on to your blog to see what yummy concoction you have come up with! I just HAVE to make those scrambled eggs! Do you wilt the spinach before you put it in the eggs or just throw them in at the same time? I SO can’t wait to have some!

I’m not too into awards shows usually either but I watch some of the red carpet and the beginning of the show. I loved Tina and Amy as well – so hilarious! My favorite dresses were Jessica Alba’s like you showed and I also really liked Jennifer Garners.

Oh my gosh Jessica Albas dress is gorgeous! I too, love Amy and Tina. They have a great article in Entertainment Weekly that kept me giggling this weekend. Your food looks great as always! I really need to get myself some chicken sausage! Mmm!

Hey Julie! My name is Elena Hicks. I subscribed to your blog a few months after I started my own . I was hoping you could check it out and if you like it, promote it on PBF. It would mean the world to me! I was also wondering how you’re paid for blogging when PBF isn’t connected to any specific business or company. I would love to be able to review clothing and other products from health and fitness companies. What connections do I need? How do I get there? Forgive me, I’m just a 15 year old Iowan! I would love to hear from you. Email me at eloves2run@hotmail.com and visit my blog at http://elenahicks21.blogspot.com/ Thanks for your time!!!!

I thought the opener for the awards show was REALLY funny! They did such a good job! Considering I never watch awards shows because they bore the pants off me, they kept me entertained!

“We’re over there pissin’ ourselves” Gotta love Adele.

Also, Jessica Alba’s dress was my favorite from the night. I love the coral color! I thought Tyna Fey’s dress fit her really well, too, and the color complimented her skin tone!

I DVR’d the show, but haven’t watched it yet. I did read on some internet news about Jodi Foster’s strange speech. Btw, I’m currently reading Bossypants by Tina Fey.

I go back and forth on watching awards shows or not. I ended up watching the Golden Globes last night and I agree, Amy and Tina were funny. I liked Jessica’s dress and also Stacy Keibler. There were more that I didn’t like, than did. I wasn’t thrilled with most of them. :(

By the way, I can’t believe your washing machine caught on fire! That is so scary…good thing you were home!!!

So, I’m late jumping on the band wagon here…but chicken sausage, scrambled eggs, and spinach is such a great combination! I never would have done it if it weren’t for your posts! thanks for the idea!