Big Fan of Tina and Amy

Good morning to you! I hope you were able to enjoy a fun weekend with some relaxation thrown in as well.

Our weekend was filled with lots of time outside!

Sadie outside

Sadie was in frisbee heaven!

We also found a used washing machine to replace our old washer that kicked the bucket back in December. I never blogged about it, but our washing machine completely overflowed one day into our kitchen and living room. We thought we fixed it when, a couple weeks later, it caught on fire when Ryan was home doing a load of laundry. Two strikes and you’re out!

On Saturday we found a replacement on craigslist and so far it seems to be working quite well. We had a month’s worth of laundry built up to tackle yesterday, so I posted up in front of the TV to sort through my clothes while watching the Golden Globes.

I don’t usually care about award shows at all, but I think Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hilarious, so I was curious to see how they would do as hosts of the show.

tina fey amy poehler golden globes

(Source)

I thought they killed it with their opening monologue! I only tuned in for about an hour before calling it quits, but Tina and Amy cracked me up! I also loved Adele’s acceptance speech.

As for the beautiful dresses? I thought there were quite a lot of gorgeous gowns last night, but my two favorites of the evening included Jessica Alba’s coral dress and Kerry Washington’s champagne dress.

Jessica Alba Golden Globes

Kerry Washington golden globes

The coral color of Jessica’s dress looked fantastic on her and I thought Kerry’s dress was different and absolutely stunning.

Workout

This morning I was up nice and early for a workout. It’s week two of Best Body Boot Camp! The workouts are the same as last week’s workouts, though the tempo of the exercises changed slightly.

Today’s circuit wasn’t crazy hard, but it still had me sweating!

When I walked through the door after my workout, I grabbed a banana and ate it as I prepped breakfast.

Scrambled eggs + Chicken sausage + Spinach

scrambled eggs chicken sausage spinach

eggs

Yum!

Questions of the Morning

• Do you enjoy award shows?
  • Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? Did you think Tina and Amy did a good job as hosts? Did any dresses stand out to you?

I never really care too much about award shows, but I was excited to see Tina and Amy last night and thought they were hilarious!

Comments

I’m not usually one to watch awards shows either – it’s some combination of forgetting their on and easily losing interest since it’s like a 6 hour event (maybe only 3 but STILL!). I did watch some of the pre-show and a bit of the show. I have to say that I love Anne Hathaway, she’s so humble and just seems like a beautiful person on the inside and out.

I did watch the awards but completely missed the opening monologue. I thought the showed moved right along and was happy that they didn’t interject themselves too much. I hate it when the shows drag on.
    I am NOT a fan, but thought JLo’s dress stood out.

The Kidless Kronicles

I usually don’t tune into award shows. Until they have awards for the average person, we don’t need so many for celebrities! 🙂 But I do love looking at what everyone wore the night before. I agree, Jessica Alba looked amazing and I also fell in love with Amy Adam’s dress.

The washing machine on fire is kinda scary. I’m glad you were able to find a replacement!!!

4. Amy Babbitt says

I loved them!! Award shows are usually awkward, and the hosts just seem to be awkward and stiff. But Amy and Tina were hilarious! I loved Jessica Alba’s dress, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway, Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence had a very pretty but unique dress…and she gave a hilarious and sweet acceptance speech!

Tina and Amy were good hosts. I was disappointed to see Kristen Wiig and Will Farrell do that tired bit from SNL…it’s not funny there and it wasn’t funny then. You could sure tell Tommy Lee Jones wasn’t amused. He looked like he was going to smack them!

I thought Jennifer Lawrence’s dress was really pretty but worst dressed goes to Lucy Liu…wow, what 80’s drape store did she raid for that one? Yike!

I thought Amy and Tina were hilarious! I loved them! I only watched for about 2 hours but was very happy Jennifer Lawrence and Lenah Dunham took home awards! I loved Jessica Alba’s dress and I was a hug fan of Krisitn Wiggs dress, she rocked it!

7. Ariana says

I wish I could’ve spent my weekend outdoors like you! Here in Chicago, it’s all of like less than 20 degrees yesterday. Today when I left the house for work, it was only 11!! Eeek! 🙁

I LOVED Tina and Amy!!! They made the show. Did you happen to see Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell introduce the nominees for best female actress in a comedy/musical? Hands down the funniest nominee introductions I’ve ever seen.

I didn’t watch the award shows because I was busy watching Revenge, which is the most addicting show ever. Jessica Alba is my all time biggest girl crush and I’m pretty sure anything she wears looks amazing. I need to find an occasion that I can wear a ball gown, I have yet to do that in my life!

10. Angie says

I don’t really tune into awards shows anymore. I, like most ladies, want to see the fashion. i want to see if i can do the same thing, but WAY cheaper!!! I would rather watch a basketball or football game, personally. 🙂 or the CF Games!!! 🙂
    I just love your blog, by the way!!! You are very inspiring!!!

So glad you had your washing machine up and running Julie, your old one sounds like a nightmare. Catching on FIRE?! Eeek! Those dresses are so pretty, I love seeing all the amazing outfits and of course hilarious/heartwarming/inspirational speeches at awards ceremonies!

I’m back home right now staying at my parents house, and my mom LOVES these awards shows, so I watched with her. I thought Amy and Tina were fantastic, and I also loved when Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig came out to present… they’re all so hilarious! Also loved seeing Adele and Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook = amazing).

I’m jealous of your outdoor time this weekend! The temps were in the teens and it was snowing all weekend here. Brrrr! I’m definitely feeling some spring fever come on. I didn’t watch the Golden Globes – award shows are kinda hit or miss for me. I do love seeing all the beautiful gowns and dresses though! I agree, Jessica Alba’s dress IS pretty. She’s gorgeous.

I don’t normally watch awards shows, but after the Pats game ended last night some people I was watching the game with wanted to turn it on. I also caught their opening monologue and loved it! They’re hilarious, two of my favorite female actors/comedians for sure!

I love watching award shows – mostly just for what the ladies wear! I’m so sad to say that I do not have cable so I missed all the action last night. I’m hoping to watch some highlights online tonight! Those two dresses are stunning!

We don’t have cable so I never get to watch anything like that, but I don’t know that I would anyways. Although, I would have watched Tina Fey! I think she’s fabulous and her book was wonderful-if you haven’t read it you should!

I usually watch them all, but to get my bf and our friends involved we vote on them! Only the big ones like the Oscars and Emmys and Grammys. We make a spreadsheet with the main awards and vote who we think will win. At the end we tally up our votes and the winner usually gets bragging rights and a free dinner. We order pizza or get take out and throughout the night there are many oohs and aahs!

18. Emily says

I also looooved Will Ferrell and Kristen Wigg’s little monologue. SO funny.

P.s. why didn’t you go to a laundromat while your washer was out of commission?

19. Cathryn says

I NEVER watch award shows. My fiance’ was especially surprised when I skipped 60 Minutes to watch this one. I just couldn’t miss out on Tina and Amy. I thought they were great! Their jokes were pointed, but not inappropriate like some of the previous hosts. My favorite dresses were a toss up between Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. They both looked so classy and gorgeous. I looked for chicken sausage in the store this past weekend and couldn’t find any! Where do you get yours?

I like watching award shows but I don’t often since I haven’t had a TV in years (I use Hulu and Netflix). If I hadn’t been here in Denver visiting my friend I would have tried to watch that since I think Tina and Amy are HILARIOUS! Glad you enjoyed it!

I never intend to watch award shows but if I’m flipping through the channels and I spot one I always end up watching it. As for gorgeous dresses, I thought Heidi Klum looked AMAZING although she could wear anything and still look gorgeous.

I LOVE awards shows, and I thought Tina and Amy were AMAZING. I actually may have fangirled them a bit on my blog this morning 🙂 And I loved Amy’s suit on the red carpet! I think a sleek lady suit can look absolutely killer. Oh, and how gorgeous was Tina Fey’s hair???

And I was so happy Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress in a Comedy. She was fabulous in Silver Linings Playbook!!

23. Mary says

I missed the beginning of the show so missed the monologue but I thought Tina and Amy were great. My favorite dresses were Jessica Alba’s and I loved Halle Barry’s dress. This year there were so many beautiful dresses , more than any other year I think. Saw Silver Linings last week and understand all the award nominations. Have a great week.

24. Traci says

I love logging on to your blog to see what yummy concoction you have come up with! I just HAVE to make those scrambled eggs! Do you wilt the spinach before you put it in the eggs or just throw them in at the same time? I SO can’t wait to have some!

I’m not too into awards shows usually either but I watch some of the red carpet and the beginning of the show. I loved Tina and Amy as well – so hilarious! My favorite dresses were Jessica Alba’s like you showed and I also really liked Jennifer Garners.

Oh my gosh Jessica Albas dress is gorgeous! I too, love Amy and Tina. They have a great article in Entertainment Weekly that kept me giggling this weekend. Your food looks great as always! I really need to get myself some chicken sausage! Mmm!

Hey Julie! My name is Elena Hicks. I subscribed to your blog a few months after I started my own . I was hoping you could check it out and if you like it, promote it on PBF. It would mean the world to me! I was also wondering how you’re paid for blogging when PBF isn’t connected to any specific business or company. I would love to be able to review clothing and other products from health and fitness companies. What connections do I need? How do I get there? Forgive me, I’m just a 15 year old Iowan! I would love to hear from you. Email me at eloves2run@hotmail.com and visit my blog at http://elenahicks21.blogspot.com/ Thanks for your time!!!!

I thought the opener for the awards show was REALLY funny! They did such a good job! Considering I never watch awards shows because they bore the pants off me, they kept me entertained!

“We’re over there pissin’ ourselves” Gotta love Adele.

Also, Jessica Alba’s dress was my favorite from the night. I love the coral color! I thought Tyna Fey’s dress fit her really well, too, and the color complimented her skin tone!

I DVR’d the show, but haven’t watched it yet. I did read on some internet news about Jodi Foster’s strange speech. Btw, I’m currently reading Bossypants by Tina Fey.

I go back and forth on watching awards shows or not. I ended up watching the Golden Globes last night and I agree, Amy and Tina were funny. I liked Jessica’s dress and also Stacy Keibler. There were more that I didn’t like, than did. I wasn’t thrilled with most of them. 🙁

By the way, I can’t believe your washing machine caught on fire! That is so scary…good thing you were home!!!

I thought that Tina and Amy did a great job as well. Fun fact: Amy Poehler’s dad works for my landlord and actually showed me the apartment I’m living in! He says he does it because he wants to reach people my age to tell them about his daughter 🙂

So, I’m late jumping on the band wagon here…but chicken sausage, scrambled eggs, and spinach is such a great combination! I never would have done it if it weren’t for your posts! thanks for the idea!