25 Minute Treadmill Walking Workout

After staring at my computer screen all morning, I started to feel rather sluggish. My favorite furry coworker wasn’t exactly bringing her A game to the table to make me feel more energetic…

sleepy vizsla

I didn’t want to workout at all but knew I’d feel 10 times better – both mentally and physically – if I worked up a sweat.

As always, exercise proved to be an instant mood booster and I left the gym after a lunchtime workout feeling much more motivated to tackle my to-do list for the day. Exercise is energizing!

Today’s workout focused on incline walking.

Treadmill Walking Workout

Walking is no joke and this workout definitely made me sweat. I followed it up with 20 minutes on the elliptical before calling it a day.

Lunch

You’re never too old for peanut butter and jelly, right?

peanut butter and jelly on ezekiel bread

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toasted Ezekiel bread for lunch today. Sides included sugar snap peas, a clementine and Terra chips.

PB & J Lunch

Simple but satisfying!

Off to study!

Comments

Never to ild for PB&J. I didn’t want to workput before work either so did 15 minute Tabata workout. A good sweat and not that much time. It does help to keep moving!

Sadie looks just like I felt this morning. Isn’t it funny how a good workout can make even the most sluggish day 100 times more productive? Well good luck on your studying, that’s what I’m off to do too!

I’ve been on the lookout for some new treadmill walking workouts thanks to the frigid temps we’ve been having here in SLC, so this is perfect! Walking has been my exercise of choice most of my pregnancy, and you’re right, it can be no joke if you add in some speed and incline!

I agree that if you walk inclines and at different speeds, your shins, glutes, everything will slowwwly begin to burn~! I always feel so refreshed after working out, especially if I wasn’t sure if I should work out.

Getting a sweat on is always a great way to get some energy. Walking is my main form of exercise right now, and no one ever seems to believe me when I tell them how good of a workout it can be. Add some inclines, though, and it can really tire you out!

6. Alison says

Ezekiel bread is the best! I especially like their English muffins…they are amazing with soy burgers! Way to exercise for energy + endorphins!

I had a question about incline walking on a treadmill. I’ve heard mixed reviews about holding on to the top of the treadmill when walking at an incline. I’ve heard it makes it easier/you don’t get as good of a workout. Do you hold on?

Working out is such a mood booster! When I feel sluggish after a long day at the office and am not in the mood to workout, I try to remind myself of what will happen if I don’t. Most likely, I’ll park my butt on the couch the rest of the night and get nothing done. But if I workout, even for a short time, I’ll have energy to get everything done that I want to do. And still plenty of time to relax afterwards. So worth it!

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning going to the gym, but I know my day started off to a much better start since I went. Incline walking is such a challenge, but I love the burn. You can never go wrong with PB & J either!

PB&J is my ultimate go-to lunch when I have no idea what to make! My dog does the same thing too, and what makes it worse is he has long, warm fur (golden retriever) that makes it even harder to get up and move around- I just want to sit and snuggle with him!

Walking workouts are my kind of treadmill workouts. I for some reason can’t stand running on the treadmill, I find it much harder than outside. I guess that’s kind of odd.

12. Andrea says

your lunch looks so good! sometimes the simplest meals are the most delicious :) and I agree, walking is such a great workout, I’ve been incline walking for awhile and it definitely works up a good sweat!

13. Leah says

Weird Sadie question…. does she shed? I’ve seen you write that her breed is good for people with allergies but I don’t remember anything about if she sheds. If so, is it alot??

Haha NEVER to old for a PB and J! When I worked in a kindergarten class I started eating them because the kids looked so good. But sometime you should try a wheat tortilla with fresh raspberries or apples and PB…kind of a grown up PB and J :)

15. kate says

You like to pack a lot of veggies on sandwiches. How do you eat them neatly? I have trouble not looking awful because the veggies are overflowing- but eating them on the side isn’t as tasty!

Thanks for sharing this workout. So often treadmill workouts are intended for running, so I am happy to see a walking treadmill workout!

I am pretty addicted to PB & J sandwiches right now. And having them on Ezekiel bread makes them even better. I love that bread! Have you tried a Grilled PB & J Sandwich before? I featured one on my blog recently: http://cleaneatingveggiegirl.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/grilled-peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich/

17. cathie l. says

Speaking of the bachelor and sean i’ve been watching it like a crazy person. Sad that he sent kacie home after she tried to warn him but hey his loss. Hope he doesn’t end up with a crazy one but in all fairness he was warned. My top 4 picks for him are ashlee, desiree, jackie and catherine. Tierra and amanda have to go…..psycho. lol

Walking is by far one of the best exercises any of us can do and is very underestimated – probably by those who don’t work hard enough!.Walking on a treadmill (I like to think of it as power walking) with a pair of light dumbbells in the hands is great! Most people probably look at me and think..wow that looks easy! Don’t underestimate the burn. Getting the legs and arms working in this way with a powerwalking incline program really gets the muscles and gives a great cardio workout. Its an exercise that is safe for pretty much everyone and can be performed in any gap in your day. Even just 10 minutes will give you a glow and boost your mood!

Oh wow, that lunch looks absolutely amazing! I haven’t tried Ezekiel bread yet, but after reading this post and some of the comments, I am putting it on my grocery list for the week! It looks amazing! And I love how cute and cozy Sadie is on the couch! She reminds me of my little doggie babes!

Just looking at the sandwich made me so hungry! What a great idea to get yourself going with a nice walking routine like that. Sadie looks nice and cozy on the couch and it is easy to give into that mentality as well so good for you!