25 Minute Treadmill Walking Workout

After staring at my computer screen all morning, I started to feel rather sluggish. My favorite furry coworker wasn’t exactly bringing her A game to the table to make me feel more energetic…

sleepy vizsla

I didn’t want to workout at all but knew I’d feel 10 times better – both mentally and physically – if I worked up a sweat.

As always, exercise proved to be an instant mood booster and I left the gym after a lunchtime workout feeling much more motivated to tackle my to-do list for the day. Exercise is energizing!

Today’s workout focused on incline walking.

Treadmill Walking Workout

Walking is no joke and this workout definitely made me sweat. I followed it up with 20 minutes on the elliptical before calling it a day.

Lunch

You’re never too old for peanut butter and jelly, right?

peanut butter and jelly on ezekiel bread

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toasted Ezekiel bread for lunch today. Sides included sugar snap peas, a clementine and Terra chips.

PB & J Lunch

Simple but satisfying!

Off to study!

Comments

1. kate says

You like to pack a lot of veggies on sandwiches. How do you eat them neatly? I have trouble not looking awful because the veggies are overflowing- but eating them on the side isn’t as tasty!

Thanks for sharing this workout. So often treadmill workouts are intended for running, so I am happy to see a walking treadmill workout!

I am pretty addicted to PB & J sandwiches right now. And having them on Ezekiel bread makes them even better. I love that bread! Have you tried a Grilled PB & J Sandwich before? I featured one on my blog recently: http://cleaneatingveggiegirl.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/grilled-peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich/

3. cathie l. says

Speaking of the bachelor and sean i’ve been watching it like a crazy person. Sad that he sent kacie home after she tried to warn him but hey his loss. Hope he doesn’t end up with a crazy one but in all fairness he was warned. My top 4 picks for him are ashlee, desiree, jackie and catherine. Tierra and amanda have to go…..psycho. lol

Walking is by far one of the best exercises any of us can do and is very underestimated – probably by those who don’t work hard enough!.Walking on a treadmill (I like to think of it as power walking) with a pair of light dumbbells in the hands is great! Most people probably look at me and think..wow that looks easy! Don’t underestimate the burn. Getting the legs and arms working in this way with a powerwalking incline program really gets the muscles and gives a great cardio workout. Its an exercise that is safe for pretty much everyone and can be performed in any gap in your day. Even just 10 minutes will give you a glow and boost your mood!

Oh wow, that lunch looks absolutely amazing! I haven’t tried Ezekiel bread yet, but after reading this post and some of the comments, I am putting it on my grocery list for the week! It looks amazing! And I love how cute and cozy Sadie is on the couch! She reminds me of my little doggie babes!

Just looking at the sandwich made me so hungry! What a great idea to get yourself going with a nice walking routine like that. Sadie looks nice and cozy on the couch and it is easy to give into that mentality as well so good for you!