Imagining Sadie on National TV

My mom and I shared dinner duty last night and while she prepared sweet potatoes and ribs, I made a veggie-packed side dish.

IMG_1991-002

I know it doesn’t look like much, but we all loved it! I’ll measure everything out the next time I make it so I can share the exact recipe with you, but I basically combined coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, garlic and a sprinkle of salt in a pot with a sliced onion, chopped cauliflower and broccoli and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.

IMG_1993-002

We spent the rest of the night reading and watching The Bachelor. Is anyone else watching this season? My favorite part of last night’s episode was when Sean surprised Sarah with her dog. I can only imagine what would happen if someone ever tried to surprise me with Sadie on national television. She’d whimper, froth at the mouth, roll over to show her girly parts and possibly and pee herself. Quality television, I assure you.

IMG_1327-002

Breakfast this morning started with a base of Greek yogurt.

IMG_1987-002

I topped strawberry Greek yogurt with Smart Start cereal, dried goji berries and almonds.

IMG_1988-002

IMG_1989-002

Dig in!

Question of the Morning

• Bachelor fans: Who do you want Sean to end up with (if anyone) at the end of the show?

Comments

1. Alyssa Loper says

I just love Dez. I think she has what I like to call the Carrie underwood factor. Guys wanna date her and girls wanna be her best friend.

To be honest, the show’s kind of losing it’s luster to me. I’m trying to hang in there but not sure if I will this season. I’m actually one of those types that likes to read all of the spoilers up front, so I already know who “wins” – don’t worry, I won’t spill the beans here. ;) Having said all that, I think I’d much rather watch Sadie on TV. :D

3. Sohannet Miranda says

The veggies look great but I am feeling those ribs wink wink please post recipe they look cooked just right
    thank you!!

I loved when they brought her dog on, so sweet! That was sad she thought he was sending her home.

I have 2 dogs and one of them would have been crying and jumping all over me but the other would go use the bathroom in the bushes first. I really like Sarah but it is obvious that him and Lesley have a little sumpin’ sumpin’ goin’ on…

5. Rianna says

Ah, the Bachelor…such a great show to make fun of but also secretly really enjoy! My favorites so far are Desiree and Leslie, mostly because they just seem like normal, nice people and don’t get involved in any of that stupid, unnecessary drama!

So glad to know that my dog isn’t the only one who likes to splay out her legs and wishes you to rub her girlie parts. Sometimes she doesn’t even get up from the couch when we walk in; she just lifts up and leg and says “come rub me.”

I also loved that Sean brought Sarah’s dog on–I would have cried! I really like Sarah and Lesley and am really bummed that people posted spoilers on here–it kind of takes away from the enjoyment of watching the show!

If that side dish contains broccoli then it has GOT to be good!!

I am a big Bachelor fan, and I agree that the surprise with Sarah’s dog was one of the best parts of the episode. Any guy who accepts my love for my dog would earn some major points. As of right now, Sarah and Desiree are two of my favorites!

I didn’t see last night’s episode yet but I’m really liking Leslie and Desie right now. I like Sara but something about her just seems a little dull. Can’t wait to catch up from last night though.

I was definitely team Kacie when the show first started, but now I am absolutely for Des (seems to be the favorite!) and Lesley! I just think her and Shawn have so much chemistry and are relaxed around another. If he doesn’t pick her, she would make an awesome bachelorette! ;)

I missed The Bachelor last night and am not able to stream it from the ABC. From what I hear plenty of drama including some created by Kacie. From the two episodes I’ve seen, I like Desiree the best!

Your veggie side dish looks yum. Anything with curry powder is a hit in my books!

12. Katie says

Haha, I was imagining the same thing about my own dog when that part was on! He would go crazy! I like Leslie from the kissing date!

13. Emily says

So far I’m liking Lesley or AshLee. Like so many others, I like Desiree, but I’m nervous about her future on the show based on upcoming scenes :/

14. Theresa says

Pretty upset that some girls had to post spoilers on here. Just because I wanted to read the comments to see who everyone picked doesn’t mean I wanted to know the spoilers!

The bachelor is getting uncomfortable to watch! The girls are relentless….. but I really liked the dog portion. I would love my Golden to appear on TV! He is such a ham, so he probably would too. I also like The dog owner, I think her name was ashley?!? Not sure. I also cried during the adoption/childhood revealing…. I’m such a sap!

I cried when Sean surprised Sarah with her dog! Such a cute gesture… I can’t stand being away from my pup (even just being at work for the day) so can’t imagine what it’s like for those girls being away from their fury friends for so long!

17. Naomi says

So far I like Leslie and AshLee the best. Oh and Des too. Time will tell! Totally agree about the guilty pleasure though. My fiance thinks it’s ridiculous :)