I reheated a bowl of last night’s superstar soup!
Since the Crock Pot Challenge is in full swing, I set out to make a carrot-based soup in the slow cooker yesterday.
I let a pound of chopped carrots, a peeled and sliced sweet potato and a sliced onion sit in the crock pot with chicken broth and seasonings for eight hours. The vegetables were nice and soft and easy to blend into a smooth and delicious soup at dinnertime.
Crock Pot Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 extra large sweet potato (or 2 small sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) can light coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients except for the coconut milk in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours
- Pour crock pot contents into blender, cover and blend until a smooth consistency is reached
- Add the coconut milk to the blender and blend
- Pour soup into bowls and enjoy
Perfect for a dreary day!
To my Northeastern U.S. friends: I hope you all stay safe and warm tonight! I’ve read a lot about a blizzard coming your way tonight and I’m thinking of you guys!