No Concept of Personal Space

This weekend has been so nice! Yesterday I got the chance to see several people who are very important to me.

IMG_1114

My mom, aunt and grandma drove through Ocala on their way to Sanibel and stopped by our house right before I headed off to Orlando.

IMG_1109-001

They stayed for about an hour and it was so good to catch up! Though my aunt is leaving on Tuesday, my mom and grandma will be in Sanibel through next weekend and Ryan, my sister and I hope to join them! I always have the best time in Sanibel.

Orlando

Once we said our goodbyes, I headed off to Orlando to help my best friend Laurel with some wedding-related tasks. While I drove to Orlando, Ryan drove Sadie to the vet where she had her stitches removed and her surgery scar examined. She’s looking great and healing fast!

Sadie felt awfully spoiled when I showed her a care package that Brittany’s vizsla Koda sent to her earlier in the week!

DSC_0205-001

Koda even included one of her best sticks from her stick collection. Sadie was so touched.

DSC_0215-001

She is also loving the Blue Buffalo tranquility dog treats that Brittany and Koda sent.

DSC_0208-001

Obviously.

My trip to Orlando was a lot of fun. I completely forgot to pack my camera, so I apologize for the horrible phone photo of the adorable Winston.

photo (25)-001

Winston is Laurel’s brother’s kitten and he is basically the cat version of Sadie. He’s extremely high energy and must be in the center of the action at all times. He made it a little hard to assemble lots of wedding invitations because he kept distracting me with his cuteness. I am such a sucker for playful cats! Oh how I wish I didn’t have allergies.

Laurel and I spent hours catching up and assembling her wedding invitations. They look gorgeous! Her wedding isn’t until the end of May, but her fiancé is British, so they’re sending out their invitations a little early since they will have a lot of guests coming from overseas. They are also encouraging women to wear hats to their wedding which is going to be so much fun!

I didn’t arrive back in Ocala until late in the evening and I promptly joined Ryan and Sadie on the couch for a relaxing Saturday night at home.

Sadie was in an exceptionally loving mood and burrowed her head underneath my sweatshirt.

photo (24)

When I told you guys before that Sadie has absolutely no concept of personal space, I wasn’t kidding. She makes us laugh, that’s for sure.

Sunday

Our Sunday has been the perfect combination of relaxing and productive.

We started the day with pancakes and long hike with Sadie.

almond flour pancakes

ocala hike

The day warmed up considerably while we were out on the trails and I was thankful I wore layers and had a t-shirt on underneath my pullover.

Once we were done hiking, we dropped Sadie off at home before heading back out to run some errands and pick up food for the week. Then it was time for lunch before we went back outside to wash our cars. I’ve been waiting for someone to write “wash me” on my car for the past two weeks, so it felt good to to clean both the inside and outside of my car.

Now I’m about plate up some dinner! I made my first attempt at chicken tikka masala in the crock pot and it smells fantastic. I followed Gina’s recipe, but put everything together in the crock pot, so I’m hoping it turns out okay!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friends!

Comments

Sadie must have felt very loved with the care package. Winston looks cute, but I’m one of those weird anti-cat people, although I can tolerate kittens a bit more. I’m 100% team Dog 😉

I’m happy you got to see your family. It’s always nice to catch up even if it’s for the shortest amount of time only. Even better that you get to see them again soon!

Aw, such a cute idea to mail Sadie a care package. She looks so cute and excited about the goodies :).

3. Mary says

Julie, how long did you cook your dish in the slow cooker. I read Gina’s recipe and I think she does hers. On the stove. Can you give us the details. Thanks. Sadie is hilarious under your sweatshirt. Thanks

4. Anna Lynn says

Sadie is the main reason why I would love to have a vizsla one day! She’s adorable.

Hopefully you can go to Sanibel! I’m from the Ft. Myers area and I love when we would go there to spend the day at the beach and enjoy all the island has the offer. We didn’t do it often as there were beaches far closer. Enjoy this beautiful time of year!

5. Jessie says

Cute purple top! Is it new and where did you get it?

I am glad to hear Sadie is doing much better! My 3 dogs (Lulu, Tuff, and Jack) send their puppy love. 🙂

Great picture with Sadie! We were trying to watch a movie on the computer yesterday and Sasha (our 4 month german shepherd) would just walk across our chests back and forth to try and get some attention. It’s cute BUT she is already well over 50 lbs, not so comfortable!

7. Holly says

I would take anywhere warm about now, even though we had a high of 46 here in the Chicagoland area today which is unseasonably warm!!

Can’t wait to hear how your dinner turned out, I really want to make this in the crock pot!!

I’m loving the doggie care package. What a thoughtful pup to send that to a friend in need ;).

I’m actually really jealous of your carwash. I have a big, white present that a bird left me on my car, but I live in an apartment complex, so washing it really isn’t an option. And I’m too cheap to go pay to get it washed.. College student problems!

My pug, Molly, also has no clue about personal space. She thinks she belongs on everyones lap, and she likes to climb up on peoples chest and just stick her face in theirs. And she just stays there…for like minutes at a time. Its kinda ridiculous!

Eeeek Winston is so adorable! I think he’s the kitten version of my cat! It’s always so awkward seeing them as kittens though since I never saw my Orion young like that let alone small…since he’s so big in size 😛

• Marie says

Ahh…darn typing on the phone. Meant to say your mom is so pretty! That pic of you and Sadie is hilarious. Our pup hates if you put anything over his head. 😉 I can’t wait to hear about Laurel’s wedding!

Hey! I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of years now, and I love it. Since you mentioned cat allergies, I just wanted to let you in on the world of hypoallergenic cats. My husband is allergic to cats, but I wanted one so badly and I didn’t think I could live the rest of my life without a cat. I discovered that the Siberian breed is hypoallergenic because they don’t produce the protein (in high amounts like other cats do) in their saliva and skin that people react to. We got our Siberian cat, Dimitri, almost 3 years ago and my husband has never had the slightest allergy problem! Siberians are beautiful cats with long hair, and they are known to be very athletic. They are also incredibly spunky too, so I’m sure one would get along with a Vizsla 🙂 Dimitri is almost like a dog! He loves to play fetch and other made-up games and is also a sweet-heart cuddle bear.