St. Patrick’s Day Weekend

St. Patrick’s Day weekend is upon us!

Any fun plans out there?

Ryan and I will be spending the weekend with my sister and her boyfriend and have a day-trip to St. Augustine planned for tomorrow. We’ll also be running in a St. Patrick’s Day 10K together on Sunday morning. Our little foursome always has a blast together and I can’t wait!

Ross Leslie Julie Ryan

St. Augustine was actually the first mini-vacation Ryan and I took together after we started dating.

St. Augustine

We won’t be spending the night this weekend, but if you’re ever in the market for a fabulous bed and breakfast in St. Augustine, I highly recommend the Agustin Inn. Great location and super cute!

Workout

This morning we awoke bright dark and early and headed to the gym for a quick workout.

My legs are still a bit sore from Wednesday’s squat jump leg workout, so I took it easy today. I concentrated on steady state cardio until I got bored and decided to run through a quick circuit.

• 25 push ups (on my knees)
  • 50 sec. jump rope
  • 25 push ups (on my knees)
  • 50 sec. jump rope
  • 50 box jumps (very small box)
  • 50 high knees
  • 25 bicycle crunches
  • 25 kettlebell swings
  • 25 bicycle crunches
  • 25 kettlebell swings

Once we arrived home, it was time for food!

Ryan actually took my camera to work with him for a project and I completely forgot to remove the SD card with my breakfast pictures on it, so a recycled photo, it is!

Though breakfast was an obvious fail on the picture-front, it was a winner in the taste department.

peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats

Last night I prepped a batch of peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough overnight oats and enjoyed the oats with a hot mug of coffee this morning. I love ‘em!

Hope your Friday is off to a good start!

Question of the Morning

• What is one thing you’re looking forward to this weekend?
  • Any fun St. Patrick’s Day plans out there?

Comments

Recycled photo or not, I NEED to make these ASAP. I hope you have a good time this weekend! I think the best vacation spots are the ones which hold a good memory!

I know what you mean by “dark” and early! I get up at 5:00 am to workout, too, and not having ANY daylight during my workout is tough. I like summer best when the sun comes out really early. I’m always in a better mood and it’s easier to get going when the bright shiney ball in the sky is helping me out! :)

Looking forward to a long run and lots of green beer tomorrow :D I don’t know of any races going on in my area of FL, although I’m sure there are. I’m just gonna do a run on my own and then get ready for the evening’s festivities! We have a big Irish bar down here so they’re throwing a huge street party and I cannot wait! I’m also going to wear 50 shades of green… and not care about matching at all!

I’m working in the heart of the action this weekend! I don’t mind though, getting paid to be involved in the cheer…I’m sure I might feel a little bit differently come Tuesday but I’ll enjoy it at the time! Do you guys get a long weekend there?

5. Lindsay says

Julie, I love your blog and your voice, but everytime you write the word “awoke”, I cringe for some reason. I think it’s because it seems so formal and forced compared to your easy going style.

• Lindsay says

Yeah, I know it’s weird, but it just seems forced! I can’t remember the last time I heard someone say it outloud, let alone write it! It just isn’t all that colloquial of a word, even though the rest of your writing is, if that make sense, which I think it why I think it sticks out to me!

• jillian says

Julie, I’m also a big fan, so this is meant as constructive criticism — but I agree with Lindsay. “Awoke” always seems overly formal and odd to me. It breaks the flow and jolts me as a reader. Take it or leave it, just wanted to chime in, in hopes of being helpful :)

• Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers says

I definitely appreciate the feedback! I guess it’s just a word I use regularly so I never really thought anything of it. I know odd vocabulary can throw me off when I’m reading something as well, so I appreciate the feedback!

6. Pam Cook says

We love St. Augustine! If you get the opportunity, go to Mango Mango’s on A1A beach blvd. It is a little hole in the wall with amazing food. We eat there everytime we go. The fish sliders are my favorite.

I keep forgetting it’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend! Last year around this time, Brandon and I were having a great time at a wine tasting and drinking green beer. This year, I’m 37 weeks pregnant, so I can only dream about those things! ;)

8. Nicole says

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Your oats look soooo delicious!!

This weekend, my brother and boyfriend will be running a race. My boyfriend = 5K, Brother = 10K, me = 1/2 marathon. :) Should be fun!! Then on St. Patty’s, my boyfriend and I are going to drive up the California coast to Malibu and have lunch at Gladstone’s on the beach. YAY!!

I’m not a big St. Patty’s Day celebrator normally, but this weekend we are visiting friends out of town and attending their house party and neighborhood parade and neighborhood bar crawl later that night. It should be a fun time with lots of good people :)

Your overnight oats look reeeeeeally good – especially topped with those nuts (honey roasted peanuts?)!

Have fun with your sister and good luck with the 10K!

I miss waking up that early to work out! I’m on exercise restrictions after injuries suffered during my 1/2 marathon last weekend. The past 5 days I’ve been going stir crazy with not being allowed to do anything! My plans for the weekend would have included spin class and a long run, but now, nothing but rest. Ugh.

Have fun in my little city tomorrow:):) If you want to do more then just drink at the Irish bars: Get popsicles from the Hyppo, go to The Floridian for great healthy locally raised food an an awesome atmosphere, and if you go to the beach get tacos from a little food truck Nalu’s<- its parked at the entrance to the Anastasia state park which is across from the gym I work at:):)

12. Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com says

I’m looking forward to sushi tonight at a highly- recommended place where we’re staying on our mini-break!

13. Kristy @ Southern In-Law says

This weekend I am actually looking forward to spending some downtime cleaning and organising – only because it’s in preparation for my fiancé finally moving home! Plus, every day is one day closer to getting him from the airport for the last time!

I’ve never done anything for St Patricks day as its not really too popular here in Australia (unless you go to an Irish bar or are Irish I suppose!)

14. Adrianna says

I avoided the party scene at the college I attend, and instead headed to the Rock n’ Roll USA race in DC. My first half-marathon! Thanks for all of your support Julie, you are truly an inspiration! Keep it up :)

You can easily get ceiling fan as market is full of this item but
    it becomes important to trust only the renowned name.
    Third type is named as ceiling fans with 3 lights and where the room is small it is the most efficient option.

We can mix-and-match one brand to another to create a look no one else
    goes as far to offer.