Boot Camp Workout

Good afternoon, my friends! I hope you are having an enjoyable Wednesday.

My day began extra early since I had to be at the gym before it opened at 5 a.m. Another morning on the early shift!

About an hour into my shift, I popped into the break room for breakfast.

IMG_1585

Today I packed Greek yogurt and Kashi cereal (picture taken last night when I assembled it) and it did a good job of holding me over until it was time for my morning snack.

During my shift, I met with one of my personal training clients and took her through a 60-minute workout. I told her that I feel like I am spoiled with her as a client because she always arrives at the gym ready to work and doesn’t complain at all when I put her through some challenging workouts.

Boot Camp Workout

After my shift at the gym was over, I took a boot camp class before heading home. The air conditioning went out in the gymnasium so the class was extra sweaty, but it was awesome. The instructor told me I could share the workout with you guys and I have a feeling that my fellow circuit workout fanatics will like it a lot!

Boot Camp Workout

We completed each exercise in the mini circuit for 30 seconds before moving onto the next exercise and completing that one for 30 seconds as well. We then repeated the mini circuit two times for a total of three rounds before moving onto the next circuit. (I hope that makes sense!) The kicker was that in between each mini circuit we ran for two minutes or completed one minute of side shuffles around the gym. I loved it!

Links to demos of some of the exercises:

Lunch

When I got home, I quickly threw together a pasta dish for lunch, figuring that Ryan and I could reheat the leftovers for dinner since we have plans to meet up with friends for a game night later this evening.

IMG_1594

In the mix:

• Lean ground beef
  • Onion
  • Tomato sauce
  • Cheese
  • Mashed cauliflower
  • Pasta

IMG_1596

Not too shabby!

Hope you’re having a great day!

Of Possible Interest

Comments

That looks soo delicious! I’m so in the mood for a cheesy pasta dish for dinner tonight, perhaps I’ll make this or something along these lines, depending on what I have in my fridge πŸ™‚ Enjoy the rest of your wednesday πŸ™‚

It always feels so great to get your day started off in a productive manner! Your client seems like the perfect person to train. I’m not sure if I’d be that cheerful so early in the morning ;). That pasta looks wonderful! I hope you and the hubby have a great time at your game night πŸ™‚

I love cereal and Greek yogurt! Raspberry Chobani with Cheerios has been my best combo. And one time the froyo place had Cap’n Crunch available – most delicious froyo topping ever.

This workout looks like something I would really like because I loved my bootcamp class at school. I could never remember all of the moves we did so now that I have a real class written out it’ll be much easier to try to recreate my own class!

I’ve heard of supermans before but not spidermans. I feel like they should invent a gym move called catwomans or wonderwomans just to even out the male/female superhero ratio πŸ™‚

Your lunch looked yummy!

mmm that pasta dish sure looks yummy! i love adding cereal to greek yogurt or cottage cheese, the texture makes it more interesting than milk (and less sogginess, too ;))

Thanks for the yummy & easy recipe! My fiance’s out of town so unfortunately this will have to wait until he gets back, but definitely something I can handle in the kitchen!

8. QueenofFitness says

well my brain is on overload. call it end-of-school madness. i was just going to ask you what burpee dips and mountain climber inch worms are then i re-read and realized that there are two exercises in each star. doh! nevertheless, this workout looks awesome. tell that instructor thanks!

9. Caitlin says

Ha. Funny. I didn’t see the note below with links to various workouts in the circuit and just youtubed all of the ones you listed. Excited about this one, Julie!

10. Mackenzie says

Last mini-circuit… jumping lunges and jump squats? KILLER. Looking forward to the day when I can complete it without switching to regular lunges.

11. Girl Child says

I do spiral pasta and a bag of frozen veggies, (boil together to save time and dishes) then put in casserole dish add in cheddar cheese, milk, cream of mushroom soup… deeeelish…

12. PluvK says

How selfish is it of me to say that I’m glad you got this job because you’re giving us such great workouts? LOL Keep them coming! And thanks. πŸ˜‰

I LOVE workouts like that as well πŸ™‚ I just created a little workout yesterday that is so similar. I love switching from exercise to exercise because just as soon as I am tired of doing one exercise, it is time to quickly move onto the next movement. It helps keep me interested πŸ™‚

14. Kelli Painter says

Loved this workout! Similar to a max interval class I take but with some new moves! I did this on my lunch at my work gym and subbed 20lb KB swings for the 1 min cardio in between. Yowza!

15. Sharon Wilson says

I just have to say I did the circuit workout today with 2 minutes of high knees, butt kicks, jump rope and jumping jacks (30 seconds each) in between for cardio. This workout was tough, I was dripping sweat by the second round! LOVED it! Thanks for sharing it with us!

16. Mackenzie says

I tried this workout this morning and loved it! The jumping lunges at the end were killer… Had to mix in some regular lunges πŸ˜‰ Thanks for helping me get back in the groove after a holiday weekend!