Quite a few of you out there seem to be sharing my summer slump attitude when it comes to recent work outs. There are also a bunch of you who are totally in the work out zone, which is awesome. Thank you to everyone who offered up some great workout programs and possible fitness goals in the comments section of my morning blog post!
Since quite a few of us seem to be in need of a fitness goal for a little extra exercise motivation, I figured I would highlight some of the recommendations you guys provided to me, as well as a few fitness goal ideas I’ve had in the back of my mind for a while.
- Train for a sprint triathlon
- Train for a duathlon
- Barre3 Challenge
- Create a yoga challenge (Example: Take x-number of yoga classes a week/month)
- Insanity DVD
- P90x DVD
- Train for an open-water swimming event
- Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp
- Gina’s Summer Shape Up
- Jess’ Summer Shape Up Plan (I ended up completing Day One of this plan today! More on that below!)
- Compete in a Tough Mudder <— On my MUST DO list!!
- Complete a Spartan Obstacle Race
- Train for a figure competition
- TurboFire DVD
- Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD
- Try a new group exercise class at the gym
- Train for a 2-Day or 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk
Lots of awesome suggestions!
I am most intrigued by Jess’ Summer Shape Up Plan and training for a triathlon or duathlon. My only hang up when it comes to training for a triathlon or a duathlon is the biking! Though I love spinning, I don’t own a road bike and do not want to invest any money into a bike since I’m not really into biking outdoors. Plus, it kind of freaks me out! I’m on the lookout for a race that incorporates only swimming and running but they’re really hard to find. If anyone knows of any in the Central Florida area, please let me know!
With all of your awesome work out suggestions rolling in, I felt 10 times more inspired when it came time to do my own workout today.
I ended up completing Day One of Jess’ Summer Shape Up, which included a legs and core workout. (Just FYI – Jess will be giving birth to a baby girl any day now! Very exciting!) I did a 30-minute workout on the treadmill to start before I completed Jess’ workout. The leg workout was short, so I completed an extra round before moving onto the core workout. I loved both components and am looking forward to the next workout tomorrow!
By the time I made it home, I was more than ready for lunch.
I fixed myself a plate of egg salad with pita slices for dipping and served it with a side of fresh strawberries and almonds for some healthy fats.
It was a very satisfying lunch!
Question of the Afternoon
- What is one fitness-related goal that you have achieved that made you feel like a rock star?