Morning Photo Shoot

This morning was rather unusual for me. I woke up, went to the gym with Ryan for a quick workout and headed home to eat breakfast, curl my hair and head out the door for a photo shoot!

photo (24)

The photo shoot was for a local magazine for an article that is coming out next month. I’m supposed to keep things under wraps until then, but I will share more with you soon!

I arrived at Golden Ocala, a fancy schmancy golf and equestrian club, at 9:45 a.m., unsure of what to expect.

Golden Ocala

A model I most certainly am not, so I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing. Fortunately, from the moment I arrived, I knew I could relax. The magazine editor, creative director and photographer were laid back and fun. I also had a great time getting to know the four other men and women who were also there to be photographed.

IMG_1897

As I pulled into the driveway at the country club, I was awfully impressed. The facility was stunning and very upscale. I’ve heard of Golden Ocala before,  but have never been to the country club, so it was a treat to be able to explore the grounds a little bit.

The photo shoot lasted a little more than an hour and I was able to pose with a super-sexy prop.

IMG_1898

My laptop. Oooh yes.

Julie Blogging

When Ryan asked how the shoot went when I got back home, I had to laugh when I told him I posed with my computer. He asked me to reenact some of the shots…

IMG_1904

A definite keeper. (And no, I didn’t actually have to pose like that.)

Rewinding a bit…

Before the photo shoot, I had a quick breakfast of Greek yogurt, raw oats and chia seeds.

IMG_1907

I wanted something fast, cold and filling and that did the trick.

IMG_1908

My father-in-law will be arriving in town any second now, so I’m off to change and enjoy the day with Ryan and his dad. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Comments

Your hair looks gorgeous and I love that dress! Such a beautiful color on you! So glad the photoshoot went well – look forward to seeing the pictures! How exciting! Enjoy your father’s day weekend!

• Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers says

Thanks Stevie! It was an impulse buy at Target last week! It’s Maybelline super stay 24 color in continuous coral.

Pretty! The photo shoot sounds like such a good time. And an awesome experience.
    And the dress looks so well with your skin tone. I always wish I could pull of some green, sadly I’m far too fair.

3. PluvK says

I love the second picture!! Since they aren’t going to use that one for the magazine, maybe you should use it for your profile pic? :-) LOL Seriously, you look great. Awesome dress!

4. LizP says

Whatever happened with the wedding related shoot you did awhile back? You got to wear your wedding shoes again or something? Did I miss the followup post?

5. Tisha says

Hello Julie! I discovered your awesome website looking for fun receipes! I totally enjoy your way of life and thoughts reflect similar in my life, however I could exercise more. I have shared Peanut Butter Fingers with my sister Carrie and she also enjoys your website.
    Thanks and continue on…..

I was on the front of a philanthropy magazine once. The photo shoot was such a drag. I had to look thoughtful, optimistic and mature. I also had to look up and not smile. Great art direction. Love the dress you decided upon.