Hello from the sky!
I am currently flying to Portland for FitBloggin’, the same fun blogging conference that I attended for the first time last year. (You can read my recaps here and here.) I am really looking forward to meeting new people, seeing some of my favorite blogging buddies, trying a new workout or two and learning a lot. I am also hoping to get out and explore Portland while I’m in town. It should be a good time!
My alarm went off at 6 a.m. and I immediately changed into my workout clothes and headed out the door for a five mile run on the beach.
Talk about a few worth waking up for! Sunrises on the beach never get old.
Once my run was over, I assembled a quick breakfast before it was time to shower.
I poured myself a mix of granola and Cheerios and topped the cereal with fresh blueberries and cashews.
I didn’t want a hot breakfast because I knew I’d never stop sweating if I tried to get ready after a hot run and a hot breakfast. I become an evil beast when I try to get ready when I can’t stop sweating after my shower.
After breakfast and a shower, it was time to drive to the airport. I quickly typed up my morning blog post at the gate and then it was time to board.
I napped on my first flight to Atlanta and hurried off to catch my connecting flight to Portland once we landed. I grabbed a pesto chicken sandwich that I ate in line as I waited to board.
About 30 minutes into my flight, I dug into the baby carrots and sugar snap peas that I bought for a snack.
Dipped in Ranch dressing!
Before breaking out my computer, I spent some time reading Delta’s Sky magazine and saw a travel questionnaire that looked like fun.
Let’s play along!
- Travel Essential: My laptop! Whenever I travel, I often have a lot of downtime on the plane and always pack my laptop so I can write on the go or work on a blog post.
- Item You Pack That Reminds You Of Home: For this trip, I packed a super-soft t-shirt that Ryan gave me to wear to bed. It’s so comfortable!
- Strangest Item Ever Packed: I couldn’t think of anything for this one, so I will defer to something my mom recently packed that was a little odd. On our way home from Machu Picchu, my mom carried a large hiking stick with her through airport security. We all had a bet going that it would never make it through, but it did! She had to check it, but it made it to the United States without a problem.
- Last Souvenir Purchased: Do macarons count? I brought a few home with me from San Francisco as a little treat, but they didn’t last long. If food doesn’t count, I think my last souvenir would be two colorful bracelets that I bought at an outdoor market in Peru.
- In-Flight Snacking: Nuts! I always pack almonds, pecans, cashews or peanuts with me to eat when I travel. They’re easy to transport, taste delicious and help fight hunger on a long flight. I also love those travel-size packages of peanut or almond butter.
- Drink of Choice While Flying: I almost always ask for sparkling water or club soda with lemon or lime. I love the bubbles and it’s a great way to stay hydrated. I got Ryan hooked on this, too!
Now it’s your turn…
Questions of the Afternoon
- What is one of your “travel essentials?”
- Favorite in-flight snack?
- Drink of choice while flying?