Watermelon Feta Salad

Work today included a little bit of everything. Two meetings. Personal training. Teaching group exercise. (I am subbing in for someone’s boot camp and functional group exercise classes for the next few weeks. Woo!) Hopping from one thing to the next made my work day pass quickly, which is always a good thing.

Lunch

I had a brief 45-minute break in the day which left me just enough time to drive home, eat lunch, let Sadie out and drive back to the gym.

On today’s lunch menu was my all-time favorite salad!

watermelon salad

Watermelon + Arugula + Feta cheese + Olive oil + Salt + Pepper

watermelon feta arugula salad

I think the last time I got seriously hooked on this salad was when we were living in a hotel. I can’t say that I miss that!

I also had a toasted whole wheat English muffin topped with chunky almond butter and honey on the side.

almond butter honey english muffin

The unpictured half was already in my belly.

After lunch, I went back to the gym to teach water fitness and sweat my face off. Two of the lifeguards who work at the pool who were on break took my class and made it a lot of fun. They danced along with me to “Soul Man” and we had a blast!

Now it’s almost 4:30 p.m. and I have dinner on the brain! Enjoy your evening!

Comments

It must be so much fun to be able to jump around from thing to thing! A job with variety is the best kind :). Plus, you get your workout in at the same time when you teach classes!

Dying over your salad! So perfect for the summer :).

I eat this salad for dinner like EVERY night in the summer. It’s even better if you add some chopped mint (or basil) and squeeze some fresh lime juice on top. Yum, i totally want some right now.

I haven’t tried feta and watermelon before, but I keep seeing that combo all over Pinterest. It’s on my list to try this summer! (And I just remembered that I think a friend is bringing it to a party I’m heading to tomorrow night – perfection.)

I’ve never made that before, but it looks delicious. My husband has a problem with fruit in salads (weird!), so that one may just be for me!

yesss! I have watermelon and spinach (close enough), but…err….no feta…lol. I remember trying somethiing like this a looong time ago and I remember it being really delicious and refreshing! It was at a fancypants restaurant. :)

6. Shannon says

I bet you are a blast as the water aerobic teacher! Take a small video and share :) I took a zumba water aerobics class a few times recently and loved it.

7. Caitlin says

In the Summer I make salads every day for lunch and switch it up weekly. I think that salad will be next weeks- looks so yummy and refreshing!

That salad LOOKS beautiful and refreshing… I have to say, I am a little leery of watermelon in a more savory setting. It’s my favorite fruit and it’s all I can do not to eat it all right as I cut it up let alone put it in a salad.

Julie, I’m a big fan of your blog! Keep up the great work!
    p.s. I just had the same English muffin, PB, honey combo for breakfast. Never gets old! :)

-Lauren

10. Robin says

Just recently discovered watermelon salad and I love it! I’m not a fan of feta so I substitute goat cheese – yummy!

That english muffin looks like awesome!! This salad looks like a good way to trick yourself into having vegetables when all you really want is fruit!

Life of an PT and group instructor is never boring, thats for sure!! I’m subbing a few extra classes this week too and feel like I am constantly working, planning and staying on top of everything else.. Not one day is the same and I love it so I can’t complain;)

That’s hilarious that the lifeguards joined in. I can imagine they get a kick out of watching the class. Now that you mention it, I do remember when you were loving this salad a while back. It’s a great mix…salty and sweet = my fav! You were a busy lade, hopefully you were able to kick your feet up and relax when you got home.

14. Shaunette Smith says

Just found your blog today and I’m loving it. Great menu–yummy salad selection.
    I can’t wait to try your circuit routines at the gym tonight.