Running on Garbage Day

Good morning and Happy Friday!

My Friday began with a five mile run with my favorite furry running buddy.

five mile run

My legs felt like lead for the first two miles and Sadie and I took an excessive amount of potty breaks for the potty princess, but in the end we completed our run in 50 minutes.

Have any of you guys ever been outside running on garbage day and felt like no matter which way you turned, you ended up running behind the garbage truck? There are a ton of cul-de-sacs in our neighborhood and apparently I kept picking the wrong one to run down because I kept finding myself running behind or around a garbage truck. Oh how I love the sweet smell of trash in the morning! That’ll wake you right up!

Once I got back home, I took a quick shower before assembling a cold breakfast.

greek yogurt and granola

I mixed Liberte coconut yogurt with blueberry Greek yogurt and topped everything with vanilla granola from Earth Origins.

Granola Yogurt Bowl

Yum!

Now I’m off to a local radio station for a fun morning. I’m in a bit of a hurry, but I’ll be sure to fill you guys in this afternoon.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Question of the Morning

• What kind of music does your favorite radio station play?

I have no tolerance for commercials on the radio, so I flip around a lot. The radio presets in my car include a classic rock station, pop station, country station and more. I like a wide variety of music!

Comments

1. SarahM says

Ok, I know this sounds silly, but I only know this because of Gilmore Girls. The plural of cul-de-sac is actually culs-de-sac! In the episode of GG, it really bothers Lorelai that the “s” to make it plural is in the middle of the word. There’s some random trivia for you! :)

2. Kristin says

I hate running behind the garbage truck especially in the summer when it’s hot and humid. That happened to me the other day and I had to leave the neighborhood becuase it smelled SOOO bad. It certainly helped me run faster to get up ahead of it! Have a great weekend :)

I’m the same way with the car radio…I have a variety including all those you mentioned plus an easy listening station (ha I’m so old). But yesterday for the first time ever I went the whole day without turning on the radio, and just rode in silence…thinking. Was nice!

This heat we have been having makes running smells worse! The other night I went for a run on my favorite 4 mile loop, everyone was putting out their garbage for the next day and it was all I could smell the entire time!

I’m definitely a radio flipper although I don’t really like listening to the radio that often. I mostly stick to CD’s so I don’t even have to deal with all the commercials.
    I’m definitely a good ol’ pop lover but I also can’t complain about my hip hop and some rap haha. I’m clearly a classy music lover ;)
    The one thing I can’t stand – country. I guess my time living in Calgary completely turned me off country music.
    Haha – I live in an area with tons of cul-de-sacs so can relate to the garbage and recycling issue you face. The worst is when you’re in a rush but they take up the whole area of the street and you can’t drive past them. Pet peeve;)

Running past stuff like garbage trucks is no fun at all! NOT the fresh smell you’re looking for in the morning. My least favourite thing is running past someone having a cigarette and getting a lungful of their second-hand smoke – like, I’m trying to be healthy here!

I actually don’t listen to the radio much anymore, but if I do it’s usually one of the standard pop stations they have on at the gym. As long as their music’s upbeat, I’m not fussed :)

I don’t know how you run in the Florida heat. We’ve got temps of 20C (68F) in the mornings at 7am and that’s about as much as I can handle. The totally unheard of highs of 30C (86F) we’re getting at the moment is impossible to do anything in! No air con anywhere but the gym and even that leaves little to be desired!

I’m a country girl so my radio is always set to that. So much so that my younger sister always gives me crap that I don’t know any other popular songs!

Your breakfast sounds awesome! Perfect for a hot day. Ha…your radio habit sound very familiar. I absolutely hate commercials and flip around tons. I listen to a wide variety too…pop, country, pop-rock are probably my favorites…with a little talk radio thrown in every once in a while.

10. Catherine says

Thankfully, I’ve never gotten stuck behind a garbage truck, but this morning I was playing leap frog with the mailman! I’d pass her while she was putting mail in someone’s mailbox, then she’d pass me, then I’d pass her again…haha for some reason I felt super awkward about it and had to turn down a different road!!